Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletoad857
President of theUnited States

substrate tea?
    #2764585 - 06/04/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i remember reading somewhere (faq i think) about a 'substrate tea'. essentially, one takes a colonized cake and crumbles it up. then hot water is poured over the pieces and through a filter. viola--substrate tea. ive heard that this is enough to trip from, too.

is this true?? has anyone tried it??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: substrate tea? [Re: toad857]
    #2764600 - 06/04/04 09:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Dont its a waste.

Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
    #2764873 - 06/04/04 10:49 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

it's true. effects are a little weaker.

Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

Re: substrate tea? [Re: gbhtrfv]
    #2765005 - 06/04/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i've heard a lot about mushie tea.. the idea always confused me.  wouldn't the heat destroy the psilocybin?  :confused:

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: substrate tea? [Re: evilchipmunk]
    #2765134 - 06/05/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Nope it doesnt destroy any noticable chemicals. Try it some time..

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: substrate tea? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #2765145 - 06/05/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

look at the newb giving advised. the heat does destroy it. read up. its not worth it

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Re: substrate tea? [Re: AhronZombi]
    #2765163 - 06/05/04 12:43 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

:lol: you silly fucks.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2765165 - 06/05/04 12:44 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I'm hardly a newb to taking shrooms. I dont need to read up I've DONE it. Ive eaten the magic manys times in multiple forms. Tea is my favorite and always have a good trip. Who cares if it destroys a miniscule amount. I mean if you heat up the water first (which you should) then pour over the mushies and tea bag its exposed to slightly higher then 100* temps and then decreases. You lose .001% and whoopdy do! Note I said doesnt destroy any "noticable [shouldve said "amount" too] chemicals"

It's a very clean trip with much less nausea, you dont have to consume the mushroom material but then you do lose a noticable amount and it tastes great, especially Earl Grey with honey and a little lemon. I'd rather throw another pinch of powder in my tea to make it taste better.

If you think that you arent gonna trip off it you need to get your face out of the comptuer and quit reading up and start drinking up. Just because my post count is lower then you doesnt mean I dont know my shit about ingesting shrooms. Thanks for the advise though.

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: substrate tea? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #2765323 - 06/05/04 01:48 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Yeah I'm hardly a newb to taking shrooms. I dont need to read up I've DONE it. Ive eaten the magic manys times in multiple forms. Tea is my favorite and always have a good trip. Who cares if it destroys a miniscule amount. I mean if you heat up the water first (which you should) then pour over the mushies and tea bag its exposed to slightly higher then 100* temps and then decreases. You lose .001% and whoopdy do! Note I said doesnt destroy any "noticable [shouldve said "amount" too] chemicals"

It's a very clean trip with much less nausea, you dont have to consume the mushroom material but then you do lose a noticable amount and it tastes great, especially Earl Grey with honey and a little lemon. I'd rather throw another pinch of powder in my tea to make it taste better.

If you think that you arent gonna trip off it you need to get your face out of the comptuer and quit reading up and start drinking up. Just because my post count is lower then you doesnt mean I dont know my shit about ingesting shrooms. Thanks for the advise though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#2765605 - 06/05/04 06:13 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Heat destoying psilocybin...psilocin breaks down readily to psilocybin under normal conditions, but psilocybin is susceptable to heat. Water temps far under boiling are fine and are all that is needed to extract the magic. You could even soak the shrooms in cold water for a few days and it would then be drinkable. Dont boil them up thats the best advice.
I think people are shitting on this thread because trying to trip of the substrate is seen as a bit desperate/last resort...I won't comment.

I can't imgine vermiculite would do the body any good though. Its a mineral and as such is unlikely to be digestable and may cause damage to the body as it passes through considering it's size.

Wait it out and grow some more and mabye trying to use a straight brown rice substrate so if you wanted to consume it would be no worry. There is a tek on using brown rice flour alone i'm sure.

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

OfflineNoG
journeyman

#2765618 - 06/05/04 06:41 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i make mushie brew all the time. Warm water + mushies + fork the water does blue showing the breakdown of the chemicals but that doesnt matter look in the mirror when your chewing mushrooms the exact same happens the chemicals start to oxidize with the air and turn blue. i wouldnt wanna eat my substrate considering its made out of 90% shit and 10% verm lol grow shrooms. if you have the patience to make a cake and let it colonise u should fruit it or case and watch it explode with magic!

Later NoG

Offlineberto23
Stranger
Loc: NJ
Re: substrate tea? [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #2765622 - 06/05/04 06:49 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Roger_irrelevant said:
Heat destoying psilocybin...psilocin breaks down readily to psilocybin under normal conditions, but psilocybin is susceptable to heat.

actually its the other way around  :smile:, and after it goes from psilocybin to psilocin, it goes to baecystin (or however you spell it) then to nor-baecystin

--------------------
the shnozzberrys taste like shnozzberrys

Invisiblematts
matts

Re: substrate tea? [Re: berto23]
    #2765631 - 06/05/04 06:59 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineReject
Loc: L'ville
    #2765927 - 06/05/04 11:08 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I think you all missed what toad857 originally asked...

He asked if you could turn the substrate into a tea, as in once a cake has been used up of all it's nutrients, could you boil the cake with the mycelium and get anything out of that.

or at least that's what I got from it.

OfflineDNICEONER
Myco-botanydichotomy
Loc: Rotterdam
Re: substrate tea? [Re: Reject]
    #2765999 - 06/05/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

has no one here ever been to Amsterdam, sat down in a coffe shop and ordered some mushroom tea?

undoubtedly works.

--------------------
Only for those who know what they are talking about

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Re: substrate tea? [Re: DNICEONER]
    #2766225 - 06/05/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I live in Amsterdam, you maggot.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20
Magic Mushroom spores = $12
Growing your own Magic Mushrooms = Priceless

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2766508 - 06/05/04 02:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Tea works, try it.

Cakes work too, but they don't taste so good, or humans would eat verm. They are not as potent gram for gram as shrooms... which begs the question: Why not wait for the cake to knot, pin and fruit?

Nobody needs to trip that badly.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineTomSawyer
Me_and_BobbyMcGee

Re: substrate tea? [Re: Rose]
    #2767579 - 06/05/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

hey man is this what you're looking for?if so here you go.this is not mine.i do not know how to do a link so i just cut and pasted it.

Substrate tea

A friend of mine just finished growing a batch of shrooms, and I had a couple of exhausted rice/vermiculite cakes left. I know that eating colonized cakes to shroom is nothing new - but to do that, you can't use vermiculite, or you'll have some pretty interesting bowel movements for the next few days.
For him to just throw away the cakes seemed sort of wasteful though, and we live in a very arid part of the country, so it wouldn't do any good to plant them outside (and it's too cold now, for that matter).
So just to see if anything would happen, I cut one of the cakes (1/2 pint) into cubes and boiled them in about 2 cups of water for ten minutes. I then ran it through a coffee filter, and made some hot chocolate with the resulting tea.
I wasn't expecting much, but I was shrooming all day, much more powerfully than when I have eaten six or seven medium-sized shrooms. It was probably enough for two people to shroom pretty decently.

Invisibletoad857
President of theUnited States

Re: substrate tea? [Re: TomSawyer]
    #2767725 - 06/05/04 11:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

:thanx:

OfflineMrBoom
BoomTripper

#2767906 - 06/06/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I saw a little misinformation about the shroom tea, i know this is apart from the subject of substrate tea, but boiling mushrooms is fine under low simmer conditions. You can bring the shroom water to a mild boil for 5-10 minutes and then bring the temp. down and let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes or so without losing much noticable potency, i'd even estimate it at through boiling like this you'll maybe loose 1/6th the potency of the dried mushrooms. Dried mushrooms are very durable to boiling, this is actually the main method of ingestion for the mushroom Amanita Muscaria and it looses minimal potency when made into tea. cubensis is the same in the fact that if it's already dried, the psilocybin remaining in the mushroom will boil right out unchanged into the water at a low boiling range. My guess if you boil fresh mushrooms, you'd loose near half the potency of the original though.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale