Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Mycobag.com hints
    #2733780 - 05/26/04 08:52 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

1st off, thanks to Mycobag for a quick and quality order

Here is a quote from their site:
Quote:

A breathable filter membrane on each bag provides for different gas exchange rate with different membranes. Membranes are designed to provide gas exchange rates for different applications; micron size range from 0.1 to 5 microns and each membrane has a nominal gas exchange rate.

now this prompted me to inquire what might be the optimal micron size for shiitake sawdust spawn. i could see that the air exchange rate might need some tweaking considering the spawn can take 2-3 months to become fully colonized.

now maybe i am just retarded for thinking this way or maybe plenty of people might consider fitting the micron filter to the species and interpret the above quote to mean that Mycobag does just this.

here's a quote from the response:
Quote:

The Micron filter size is a universal size, and has nothing to do with introduction of spawn. The bag is injected through the injection port, the filter is used only for air exchange throughout the process.

1st off thank you for spelling out the painfully obvious. Either I came across as retarded or Mycobag.com has to deal with retards on a regular basis.

Maybe I am overestimating my mental faculties but when I compare the 2 above quotes i see a glaring contradiction.

Assuming I have a firm grasp on my mental abilities I'm going to walk out on a limb and guess that what the 1st quote was trying to convey is that the filter patches have a hole size ranging from 1-5 microns for any given patch.

By the way, I got 2 entirely different responses to the same inquiry as I queried both "orders" and "info" mail accounts. Here was the other reply:

Quote:

for any spawn the filter spore size should be less than 0.2 microns.

Whoah. Is this not flying in the face of practically all of Mycobag.com's previous statements concerning micron size? Again, maybe I've got a screw loose, this is why I'm getting a group of my peers' input.

What I'm hinting at for Mycobag.com is Consistency.

Another shining example of what I mean:
My original inquiry also concerned the specific temperature required to seal the bags as I wanted to get an adequate sealer.

Response #1:
Quote:

The seal is done in a fraction of a second at about 250 degrees C for 1/2 a second to 1 sec.

thank you

Response #2:
Quote:

On any 10-14 inch sealer the temp. should be turned up to 3/4 to full depending on how hot the sealer gets.

Again, I'm stressing consistency, here.

Also, some of this information would be great to add to the site.

Again, this is a happy and most likely returning customer, just a bit rattled.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblematts
matts

Re: Mycobag.com hints [Re: debianlinux]
    #2733851 - 05/26/04 09:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum