Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Does T. Peruvianus readily produce pups?
    #2698653 -

One of my T. Peruvianus just hit 10 ft.  It is about 1/4 in. from the ceiling on my porch, and I need to do something about it.  I think it will make pups, but the lady who sold it to me said that peruvianus doesn't make pups.  I think it will if I lay them horizontal like pachanoi's.  I can take 25 cuttings or so.
Anyone have any experience with this.....
Middle section propagation tips, please.....

:confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does T. Peruvianus readily produce pups? [Re: Morphrying]
    #2698848 -

of course torches produces pups.


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does T. Peruvianus readily produce pups? [Re: Morphrying]
    #2699107 -

That's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure.
/me calls dad to take part in spine laceration party.
Maybe I'll give him a few cuttings, if I feel like being nice!
:grin:
I need to go get 25 10 inch pots!
I feel bad cutting down a 10 ft tall specimen, but it grew much faster than I thought it would, I'll have to weigh it, I bet it weighs 35 lbs or so, it's a good 5" thick!
I don't know why the lady told me they don't grow from pups, supposedly this one was grown from seed.....(It WAS kinda skinny at the base when I bought it, but I dunno, maybe she just wanted to sell it)
It kinda looks like a macrogonus, but I'm not sure, all of the other peruvianus I own are under a foot tall.  I'm sure the same rules would apply.
I just wanted to make sure because most people here who would get a middle section of peruvianus would just eat it instead of being smart and rooting it to grow more......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does T. Peruvianus readily produce pups? [Re: Morphrying]
    #2699717 -

Wow, i'm very interested in seeing this 10ft monster, do you have a camera?! I want to eat some of it :tongue: Btw, anybody know an awesome sight for growing T. Peruvianus or contains info on it? Thanks


--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does T. Peruvianus readily produce pups? [Re: LoneDeranger]
    #2703136 -

10 ft isn't really a monster, they get much larger. I'll take a pic, but I need to get my scanner working again.
Get trout's notes , I should have bought them a long time ago, but I lagged.....

heres my favorite columnular cactus I own[image][/image]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does T. Peruvianus readily produce pups? [Re: LoneDeranger]
    #2703219 -

If you're interested in seeing some tall columnular cactii in person, go to an arboretum somewhere, like at a university or something. If you're lucky, you might even be able to see a blue agave in bloom, or some 20-30 foot tall flowering cereus or trichocereus. I don't know how potent it is, it might be really weak, peruvianus potency is widely variable, pachanoi is prolly a better choice for eating. I haven't ever been able to eat any of my cactii, I just can't make myself do it, I'm too attached to them.
My favorite cactii/succulent is by far jade, or anything crassula, they're really easy to clone, as well as opuntias. I've got a dozen or so prickly pears to make nopales, and a buncha opuntia imbricata. I grabbed cuttings from a mother plant 20 ft tall and 25 feet wide, which was profusely blooming purple flowers. (I got about 60 or 70 groups of spines in my arms, but it was worth it) Sometimes the best cactii is free!
Also, you might want to hunt for a cactus and succulent society in your area, there should be lots of shows going right now, where you can grab all kinds of cool stuff from vendors, if you get there early the first day of the show.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does T. Peruvianus readily produce pups? [Re: Morphrying]
    #2704336 -

I live in colorado, not sure what cacti grow naturally. I'm going to this 3 acre plant/cactii place in a couple days to get some san pedro, maybe something else that catches my eye.


--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does T. Peruvianus readily produce pups? [Re: Morphrying]
    #2705999 -

I have grown three Trichocereus peruvianus, var. KK242.
NONE of them have produced pups near the soil line.
However, TWO of them have produced pups at the growing tip, due to freeze damage. No pups from the base, tho.

I have grown many pachanoi, and almost all of them have produced pups!
I live in a humid part of Texas, so I don't know if that affects their growth habits.

I believe that almost any of the common psychoactive Tricho's should produce pups when you place them in soil. It is difficult to keep them from growing! They strive to thrive.


YH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Forcing pedro pups chemkid 4,333 16 07/09/02 01:01 PM
by chemkid
* White san pedro pups phalloidin 2,356 13 11/03/04 12:30 PM
by Gr0wer
* what to do with my pedro pups sherm 1,080 7 07/09/05 09:30 PM
by sherm
* Pics of San Pedro pups peruvian spark 1,358 6 09/11/05 11:53 PM
by Ekstaza
* lophophora pup rooting question felixhigh 1,108 2 03/02/04 08:27 AM
by felixhigh
* Hmmmm.... Upside down SP pup VirgilKane 957 4 08/27/06 04:02 PM
by VirgilKane
* Pup from a pup Stonehenge 1,019 6 08/31/04 11:56 AM
by Stonehenge
* P Torch pup ! MESCALATO 907 5 08/05/04 04:54 PM
by Stonehenge

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,371 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.