Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHighwayLouie
EntheogenicMusician
Male

Loc: Southwestern PA
ID request- more Ovoids?- S. Western PA
    #25999894 - 05/18/19 12:59 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

About half hour away from my original spot, I saw these babies. Everything has very apparent bluing on the gills and cap edges, but some of the stems dont turn blue when i pinch them, even tho the gills do.. why could that be? Anyway, Found in mulch in western pa, this morning, during/after the rain. I am surmising these are ALL ovoids, I would really appreciate a positive ID. There are a ton of pictures, I probly have 5lbs of mushrooms at least. The last 2 pictures are of one that has bluing in the gills, yet the stem doesnt seem to be changing. I am making aprint now, but I can see on some of the caps the dakr spores left already. Thank you guys.

--------------------
Come on take the wheel, go ahead and lead the pack! Get behind the wheel of the Kilowatt Cadillac!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMoria841
Male

Loc: NJ Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID request- more Ovoids?- S. Western PA [Re: HighwayLouie]
    #26000007 - 05/18/19 02:09 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:mushroom2::thumbup:

One of those looks monstrous, good god!

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

OfflineHighwayLouie
EntheogenicMusician
Male

Re: ID request- more Ovoids?- S. Western PA [Re: Moria841]
    #26000468 - 05/18/19 07:34 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Moria841 said:
:mushroom2::thumbup:

One of those looks monstrous, good god!

Heh, yea, and I'm hoping they are all monstrously magic,too! Any ideas on a positive ID, anyone?

--------------------
Come on take the wheel, go ahead and lead the pack! Get behind the wheel of the Kilowatt Cadillac!!

Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Loc: North GA, God's fav
Trusted Identifier
    #26000479 - 05/18/19 07:38 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Ovoids :thumbup:

OfflineHighwayLouie
EntheogenicMusician
Male

Re: ID request- more Ovoids?- S. Western PA [Re: doctorghosty]
    #26000493 - 05/18/19 07:48 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

doctorghosty said:
Ovoids :thumbup:

Wow, damn-o! Thanks!! I see blue bruising on all, I mean ALL, of the caps and gills, but why aren't some of the stems bruising?? Its really messing with me...

--------------------

Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Loc: North GA, God's fav
Trusted Identifier
    #26000498 - 05/18/19 07:55 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Some stems are just secretive buttholes

OfflineHighwayLouie
EntheogenicMusician
Male

Re: ID request- more Ovoids?- S. Western PA [Re: doctorghosty]
    #26000525 - 05/18/19 08:06 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

doctorghosty said:
Some stems are just secretive buttholes

Haha, that's awesome..! That's what I been reading, I have no reason to doubt! Fungus is incredible!! Thanks so much. 😁

--------------------

OfflineMoria841
Male

Loc: NJ Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #26000839 - 05/19/19 01:02 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

That mushroom thumbs up was my poor attempt at saying that these are indeed ovoid lol

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

OfflineHighwayLouie
EntheogenicMusician
Male

Re: ID request- more Ovoids?- S. Western PA [Re: Moria841]
    #26000977 - 05/19/19 05:49 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Moria841 said:
That mushroom thumbs up was my poor attempt at saying that these are indeed ovoid lol

Haha, I figured as much, I'm just still super paranoid to consume the wrong thing! I tried em for the first time on Wednesday, and then at first I spit em back out cause I was so nervous! Haha but I worked up the balls and had a great experience - thanks to the confidence gained by all yinz and your great info!! The ovoid experience, or voidwalking, is my fav mushroom trip hands down. So cool to see em growing in the wild, harvest, and eat them from the earth. Thank you all!!

--------------------

OfflineHighwayLouie
EntheogenicMusician
Male

#26000984 - 05/19/19 05:56 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Here is the spore print from several random caps. Its a little less dark than my last prints from previous ovoids. Im sorry, but- STILL Ovoids, riiiight? :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #26000987 - 05/19/19 06:04 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

These are ovoids. I don't see anything in your specimen photos that suggests otherwise. The most important thing you need is blue bruising. Next, a purple/brown/black spore print (or any mix of the three). Ovoids have a distinctive odor. It's unmistakable.

Your mushrooms aren't very healthy. They're old. They've been eaten by bugs.

That being said, I've eaten worse, but highly recommend drying them and pulverizing them. You can then boil the powdered mushrooms with lemon and honey or any mix of nice tea-types (mint etc). I wouldn't be eating these fresh but like I said that never stopped me before. I just wouldn't recommend it.

In the future when you find more, take mushrooms like these and slice/dice them into water. You can take this spore and tissue slurry and knock up other habitats. It's not terribly efficient and really doesn't do much but it's miles better than nothing. Mature mushroom tissue turns into fungal sugars and living mycelium. These are great seeding fruits but you can certainly still trip balls.

OfflineHighwayLouie
EntheogenicMusician
Male

Re: ID request- more Ovoids?- S. Western PA [Re: Adden]
    #26001036 - 05/19/19 06:53 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

EXCELLENT advice and info. Thank you so much, especially for the recommendation on how to knock up some new areas. I've been out daily for the last 3 weeks, and so far I've only found these and one other patch.  The ones last week were much younger. About how long between harvesting should I check back to find more? Will I get another harvest by the end of spring, or will it take until the fall time? Thank you again, so much.

Also: i made some of that water mushroom slurry, does it have to sit for a while or can I go and spray it immediately? Thanks!!

--------------------

Edited by HighwayLouie (05/19/19 07:27 AM)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #26001091 - 05/19/19 07:46 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

You can spread slurry immediately. During our fall season, I'll take slug-n-bugs and overly mature specimens and rub them on my boots and walking stick. So everywhere I go will get some spores or tissue in one way or another. It's disgusting to some I'd imagine but I'm already covered in rain and stuff by then.

Don't be afraid to chop them up as fine as possible or run them in a blender. Try to enhance existing areas where they already grow before you have a solid grasp on their habitats. It's infinitely better to just knock up jars and throw grains around but anybody can do this with zero materials.

Depending on conditions and habitat, ovoid can mature in 3-10 days. I usually like to revisit about halfway if conditions are favorable, more towards a few if conditions are great, and I leave them be if conditions suck or if they're being overpicked.

And you're welcome np.

OfflineHighwayLouie
EntheogenicMusician
Male

Re: ID request- more Ovoids?- S. Western PA [Re: Adden]
    #26001115 - 05/19/19 07:59 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Adden, you are awesome. Thank you so much.

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #26001119 - 05/19/19 08:00 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

No problem, happy to help! You are very welcome. Good luck out there and stay safe warm and dry!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract