Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen
    #25959313 -

"discuss the Industrial Revolution, Universal Basic Income, climate change..."

This is a very good discussion without the screaming between two well spoken intellects. I was very impressed with Yang, this is a MUST listen to in my opinion. It's about 1 hour long.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: qman] * 2
    #25960447 -

A little long to watch without a summary to pull me in, but I did catch this at the beginning:

3:50 - "I'm running for president to wake up America to the fact that it is NOT immigrants that are causing economic problems..."

:shrug:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25960538 -

I’ve heard a number of interviews with Yang, and while I like a lot of what he says, his plans are a little rough. The VAT he proposes is probably the worst part of his plan.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: christopera]
    #25960552 -

I need someone to tell me why he's better than Bernie before I spend too much time on him.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25960680 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I need someone to tell me why he's better than Bernie before I spend too much time on him.



Yang supports Universal Basic Income and understands the coming technological changes that are going to disrupt the economy. Bernie Sanders supports economic policies that would have been great in the 80s and 90s but now are woefully inadequate to address the coming technological unemployment.


--------------------
https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: qman]
    #25960682 -

qman said:
"discuss the Industrial Revolution, Universal Basic Income, climate change..."

This is a very good discussion without the screaming between two well spoken intellects. I was very impressed with Yang, this is a MUST listen to in my opinion. It's about 1 hour long.





Shapiro interview was excellent although I think his Joe Rogan interview was Yangs magnum opus with regards to getting down into the weeds of his political philosophy.


--------------------
https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: christopera]
    #25960693 -

christopera said:
I’ve heard a number of interviews with Yang, and while I like a lot of what he says, his plans are a little rough. The VAT he proposes is probably the worst part of his plan.



Actually theres literally no way to pay for UBI without a VAT and Yangs plan calls for consumer staples to exempted and luxury goods like yachts to be taxed more. Capturing the gains of the giant tech companies is the only way to pay for Yangs plan.


--------------------
https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: YangSupporter] * 1
    #25960743 -

YangSupporter said:
Actually theres literally no way to pay for UBI without a VAT



"Literally no way"?  Why couldn't it come from a progressive income tax?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25960744 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
YangSupporter said:
Actually theres literally no way to pay for UBI without a VAT



"Literally no way"?  Why couldn't it come from a progressive income tax?



VAT tax will hit the tech companies the hardest income tax is easy to avoid. Also VAT is on consumption not income so the wealthy and big corps many of which have paid zero in taxes are going to be paying the bulk of it. There is a reason most countries in the world have a VAT tax it is the most efficient way to secure new revenue.


--------------------
https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8

Edited by YangSupporter (04/28/19 02:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: YangSupporter]
    #25960779 -

YangSupporter said:
income tax is easy to avoid.



Says who?  Why?

YangSupporter said:
Also VAT is on consumption not income so the wealthy and big corps many of which have paid zero in taxes are going to be paying the bulk of it.



The rich need to pay more income taxes, and capital gains taxes needs to go way up for the rich as well.  That's what Bernie Sanders is proposing.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25960780 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
YangSupporter said:
income tax is easy to avoid.



Says who?  Why?

YangSupporter said:
Also VAT is on consumption not income so the wealthy and big corps many of which have paid zero in taxes are going to be paying the bulk of it.



The rich need to pay more income taxes, and capital gains taxes needs to go way up for the rich as well.  That's what Bernie Sanders is proposing.



The reason most countries use a VAT tax is its incredibly difficult to get out of paying due to the multiple steps in which transactions are taxed. Sanders plan looks good but its not as efficent at capturing revenue as a VAT tax is. Sanders also has come out against UBI in favor of a federal jobs guarantee again not a bad idea but outdated.


--------------------
https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25960833 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
A little long to watch without a summary to pull me in, but I did catch this at the beginning:

3:50 - "I'm running for president to wake up America to the fact that it is NOT immigrants that are causing economic problems..."

:shrug:



How do you respond, qmain?


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25961038 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
A little long to watch without a summary to pull me in, but I did catch this at the beginning:

3:50 - "I'm running for president to wake up America to the fact that it is NOT immigrants that are causing economic problems..."

:shrug:



The best part of the discussion is slightly after when the topic is the automation of jobs that's coming in the very near future. It's pretty amazing how many jobs are going to be destroyed and the social-economic realities that come with that outcome.

At least listen to that part and then tell us what you think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: YangSupporter] * 1
    #25961210 -

YangSupporter said:
Sanders also has come out against UBI in favor of a federal jobs guarantee again not a bad idea but outdated.



What do you mean "outdated"?

We have an infrastructure that's in serious need of repair/upgrade and I'd much rather pay people to do that than to sit on their asses and collect taxpayer money.

I'm not against UBI, but why not put people to work on things that need to be worked on instead?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: XUL]
    #25961224 -

qman said:
XUL said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
3:50 - "I'm running for president to wake up America to the fact that it is NOT immigrants that are causing economic problems..."



How do you respond, qmain?



The best part of the discussion is slightly after when the topic is the automation of jobs that's coming in the very near future. It's pretty amazing how many jobs are going to be destroyed and the social-economic realities that come with that outcome.

At least listen to that part and then tell us what you think.



How do you respond to XUL's question about immigrants not causing economic problems?

I didn't listen to the part you suggested, but already know that I strongly disagree.  See my last post for why.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: XUL]
    #25961243 -

XUL said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
A little long to watch without a summary to pull me in, but I did catch this at the beginning:

3:50 - "I'm running for president to wake up America to the fact that it is NOT immigrants that are causing economic problems..."

:shrug:



How do you respond, qmain?



Well, Yang was mostly focused on technology destroying jobs and not on globalization (trade agreements and immigration). He's kind of a positive guy who wants to come up with solutions instead of blaming the actions of The Elite. He was wrong about the immigration and he was also wrong for NOT mentioning the millions of jobs that moved to third world nations.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25961249 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
qman said:
XUL said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
3:50 - "I'm running for president to wake up America to the fact that it is NOT immigrants that are causing economic problems..."



How do you respond, qmain?



The best part of the discussion is slightly after when the topic is the automation of jobs that's coming in the very near future. It's pretty amazing how many jobs are going to be destroyed and the social-economic realities that come with that outcome.

At least listen to that part and then tell us what you think.



How do you respond to XUL's question about immigrants not causing economic problems?

I didn't listen to the part you suggested, but already know that I strongly disagree.  See my last post for why.



Yeah, that's fine that you disagree with his UBI solution. I just thought the details of the problem were the most interesting aspect of the discussion. Even Shapiro acknowledges the massive challenges ahead and how unprepared we are today for that new world.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: qman]
    #25961293 -

qman said:
Yeah, that's fine that you disagree with his UBI solution. I just thought the details of the problem were the most interesting aspect of the discussion. Even Shapiro acknowledges the massive challenges ahead and how unprepared we are today for that new world.



I don't totally disagree with UBI.  But I think Bernie's jobs program is a FAR better solution, because all kinds of necessary/important things will start getting done around the country (roads, schools, improvements, etc), and we'd need millions of workers for that.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #25961609 -

the point isnt that yang is better or worse than bernie. his use is in steering the national discourse away from reparations and anti-white hate to place that benefits most americans and actually tries to address problems on the horizon.


--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Andrew Yang/ Ben Shapiro Interview - Must Listen [Re: qman] * 1
    #25961871 -

qman said:
XUL said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
A little long to watch without a summary to pull me in, but I did catch this at the beginning:

3:50 - "I'm running for president to wake up America to the fact that it is NOT immigrants that are causing economic problems..."

:shrug:



How do you respond, qmain?



He was wrong about the immigration and he was also wrong for NOT mentioning the millions of jobs that moved to third world nations.



If I had to guess you are a Trump supporter? The myth of illegal immigrants stealing jobs is a popular scapegoat but it has no basis in reality. The most common jobs in the US are retail and I can assure illegal immigrants aren't taking those jobs. They work in the fields and in shady industrial operations dangerous conditions they exist in parallel with the economy American citizens work in. To claim they are stealing jobs though is at best misinformation.


--------------------
https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* CSU-LA Professor Threatens to Fight Students who Invited Ben Shapiro to Speak on Campus
( 1 2 all )
qman 2,233 23 02/01/16 03:24 PM
by airclay
* Bill O'Reilly Interviews Rosie O'Donald mjshroomer 2,029 12 03/28/03 01:44 PM
by mjshroomer
* UC Berkeley Braces for Ben Shapiro Speech (Thursday)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
qman 2,386 159 09/24/17 09:41 AM
by The Ecstatic
* Students Demand CSU-LA President Resign for Letting Ben Shapiro Speak qman 1,115 16 03/01/16 06:37 PM
by airclay
* ben and jerry oppose bush KingOftheThing 1,022 7 07/22/04 09:28 PM
by Zahid
* Interview with the woman Bush allegedly sexually assaulted
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
LearyfanS 7,623 92 07/24/03 06:14 AM
by Phred
* Is Jackson and Sharpton being interviewed on Obamas win in Iowa hurting Obama? gettinjiggywithit 466 2 01/04/08 06:07 PM
by xFrockx
* Interviews with US veterans show for the first time the pattern of brutality in Iraq kotik 1,353 11 07/16/07 02:21 AM
by beatnicknick

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,406 topic views. 6 members, 1 guests and 61 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.