Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |  [ show all ]
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: XUL] * 1
    #25815536 -

State governments are still governments. There’s a long history of states not respecting the rights of their citizens, and the federal government having to step in.



--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: XUL]
    #25815678 -

XUL said:
Governments have a bad history of going tyrannical. They can get too powerful and infringe on God given freedoms.

I would rather err on the side of 50 states. The government and Constitution exists simply to protect us while we thrive in any way we see fit.

States can be responsible.



States are historically tyrannical.

I would rather err on the side of city councils.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: XUL]
    #25815822 -

XUL said:
Governments have a bad history of going tyrannical. They can get too powerful and infringe on God given freedoms.



When do you think that's happened in the US?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25816009 -

The south for the first half of the 20th century. Tyrannical states


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: koods]
    #25816013 -

everyone needs to think about the federal government making it mandatory for all citizens to have REAL ID by 2020.  I do not want an ID chip that will track what i purchase or where i go, or sell my information to God knows who and use that information for God knows what.  They have already been training us with our debit/credit cards.  "insert your chip"

those are not forced, those are a choice.  we will not have a choice come 2020.  its probably the mark of the beast. 


I need to start my off grid plan, like fucking yesterday.


--------------------
When telling the truth becomes an act of treason, and society chooses delusion and deception over fundamental reality, you've been invaded and infiltrated by other beings that have now integrated into your country and community.  Bless our reptile overlords who control, harvest, and eat us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: sprinkles]
    #25816037 -

What do you think about China's new point based system?


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: sprinkles] * 1
    #25816065 -

sprinkles said:
everyone needs to think about the federal government making it mandatory for all citizens to have REAL ID by 2020.  I do not want an ID chip that will track what i purchase or where i go, or sell my information to God knows who and use that information for God knows what.  They have already been training us with our debit/credit cards.  "insert your chip"

those are not forced, those are a choice.  we will not have a choice come 2020.  its probably the mark of the beast. 


I need to start my off grid plan, like fucking yesterday.



How does real ID track what you purchase? I haven’t taken my Real ID compliant drivers license out of my wallet for months. (And there’s no chip in it)


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: koods]
    #25816166 -

Cash purchases are very very difficult to trace if they don't go through a bank.  I'd be surprised if banks didn't scan cash for the serial number.  I never heard that they do.

Credit cards have the capacity to remember what specific purchases were charged but I don't think they do.  They could.

When the DEA bust someone for a buy, they photocopy the serial numbers (whole bills).  Then they get real hard on you asking where you got the money and catch you in a lie.

Lot's of reasons why I don't sell drugs.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: qman] * 2
    #25816502 -

qman said:
ReposadoXochipilli said:
qman said:
ReposadoXochipilli said:
If the government isn't the structure to implement green policies then who is? The energy industry that has suppressed all green technologies that it can and pollutes at every chance to increase profitability?

I don't see another option other then the government stepping in,  unfortunately it's 70 years too late. 

Ecosystems are collapsing all across the world,  insect populations are being decimated, our food sources are being more and more homogenized. Eventually the camels back won't take anymore. 

Luckily the powerful will have the money to sustain their lifestyle and us poor folk can deal with the fallout.



If humans can change the environment then we can also learn to survive and adapt to the new environment. If we don't, then so be it. It's naïve to assume everything can remain static to suit our needs.

You're not going to be able to convince people like myself to decrease my standard of living to save future generations with fear mongering, not gonna happen.



And that is the exact moral failing that got us in this situation in the first place.  Our entire system is based off of extracting as much profit and power possible. The system is leveraged where the powers that cause the negative effects end up profiting from situations that bubble up.  If there is too big of a situation there is a bailout. 

Qman do you have children, or other family that is young? Do you think you could explain to them your position of driving this capital slave ship until the wheels fall off because people prefer the convenience of the status quo?

The arrogence of humans vs nature is unreal, a will to survive doesn't mean that the realities of survival won't be less difficult.



Yes, I have family members that are young adults, but what does that have to do with anything? 

You and I use the energy resources today to survive, what are you doing to reduce your consumption? 

What's going to happen if we don't stop doing what we do, can you even quantify it?  No you can't, so why get hysteria about something you can't even measure?



Was just curious about how you would explain to a younger generation about ignoring the repercussions of our choices. 

As far as reducing my impact, I have a hybrid car, I rarely buy products outside of food,  cannabis,  and needed life stuff (occasionally new clothes, shoes, toiletries). I had solar on my old house and depending on the feasibility I will get it on my current house. If I had more money available I would invest in lowering my consumption further. 

I am not sure how not having exact measurements would change the fact that weather is becoming more extreme in all ways.  The climate is one interconnected system that we don't fully understand so expecting it to be wrapped up neatly for your approval or disapproval of if it is changing due to human activity isn't realistic. 

The proof is in the oil companies burying the data, the musinformation campaign,  their track record of treating the environment as disposable. 

You advacate humans ability to evolve and adjust to new situations yet at the same time kick that can down the road so it isn't you that has to give anything up.

It's just too shortsighted to me to not acknowledge climate issues due to lack of information when we are literally surrounded by it. 

Look into the Amazon becoming a carbon neutral area rather then a carbon sink, it literally is beyond capacity to absorb more carbon, look at the warming of the oceans and acid content,  look at the mass extinction event happening, look at pollution and the lack of potable water... look anywhere really.

No hysteria just perplexed by the refusal to adapt preemptively, I really don't see a downside to green energy in any regard.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25818147 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
US States By Carbon-dioxide Emissions Per Capita

CO2 emissions per capita (in metric tons)

1 Wyoming 111.55
2 North Dakota 74.81
3 West Virginia 52.47
4 Alaska 47.17
5 Louisiana 44.50
6 Montana 31.51
7 Kentucky 31.19
8 Indiana 30.81
9 Nebraska 27.51
10 Oklahoma 26.92
11 Iowa 26.78
12 Texas 26.29
13 Alabama 25.05
14 New Mexico 24.07
15 Kansas 23.97
16 Arkansas 23.13
17 Utah 21.90
18 Missouri 21.66
19 Mississippi 21.28
20 Ohio 19.75
21 Pennsylvania 18.94
22 Illinois 18.12
23 South Dakota 17.91
24 Wisconsin 17.47
25 Minnesota 17.24
26 States Total 17.04
27 Colorado 16.95
28 Michigan 16.31
29 Tennessee 15.69
30 South Carolina 15.39
31 Delaware 14.24
32 Arizona 13.79
33 Georgia 13.76
34 Nevada 13.02
35 Hawaii 12.82
36 New Jersey 12.78
37 North Carolina 12.64
38 Maine 12.52
39 Virginia 12.42
40 Florida 11.41
41 New Hampshire 11.25
42 Washington 10.40
43 Maryland 10.38
44 Idaho 10.18
45 Rhode Island 10.08
46 Connecticut 9.77
47 Oregon 9.56
48 Massachusetts 9.49
49 Vermont 9.38
50 California 9.26
51 New York 8.61
52 District of Columbia 4.55



That's an interesting list. I'm counting maybe one state in the top 19 that vote Democrat.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #25818150 -

The President doesn't seem supportive of more Government power limiting pollution at all.

He's a bit old school.  I have no idea what all Cortez wants in the 'green deal'.

I'll have to read about that.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25818161 -

Republicans don't want changes cause most of them are so old and old school.  They obviously don't have flexible minds at all.

The green deal doesn't sound so bad.  We could put ton's of wind generators on Lake Erie.  More jobs for security.

Lake Erie is very windy and shallow.  I also think bio-char should be a priority.  It makes fertile ground (for at least 1000 years) and bio-char traps carbon.

If we lose algae we are in trouble.  Algae produces most of the worlds o2.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25818317 -

Morel Guy said:
The President doesn't seem supportive of more Government power limiting pollution at all.

He's a bit old school.  I have no idea what all Cortez wants in the 'green deal'.

I'll have to read about that.



You don’t seem to know much about any of the current political topics in America. Are you American?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25818343 -

Since when did you pay attention to me?

Since when did Trump care about the environment?  He's totally billed his ticket on the Republican parties agenda to IGNORE climate change caused by human activity.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25818351 -

GOP politician has an inclination to ignore climate change and walk back environmental regulation? Well I for one am shocked.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25818387 -

Yes but is being sarcastic productive?

Would XUL fight for oil for fuel for his car?

We are fighting for oil all around the world.  If we don't we lose control.  Right now Russia and Canada or 'NORAD' are fighting for the north pole oil.  It's subtle cold war stuff.

Nobody really has a claim to deep offshore.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25818388 -

What exactly is your point


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25818392 -

I made all the discussion I wanted.

Right now gas is cheap.  It's costing us an untold fortune.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: XUL] * 4
    #25838134 -

Evidence of Human-Caused Climate Crisis Has Now Reached 'Gold Standard'-Level Certainty, Scientists Say
Quote:
...for those who are still unconvinced of the conclusion reached by 97 percent of climate scientists, a new study makes an even more definite assertion.

Scientists at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California found that the information available can now be classified as "five-sigma"—a standard in the scientific community meaning that there is a one-in-a-million chance that the same data would be observable if humans were not causing the planet to grow warmer through activities like fossil fuel extraction. The classification represents a "gold standard" level of certainty.




--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does global warming warrant giving the government more power? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 4
    #25838340 -

We do well to remember that the true source of climate change denial isn't uneducated anti-science yokels - it's the propaganda campaigns of billionaires defending their capitalist interests that would be harmed otherwise.

The heads of the world's fossil fuel corporations have likely been aware of the negatives of their industry longer than anyone else. They chose (and continue to choose) to use their profits to insulate themselves from the negative effects; no new scientific evidence is going to remove this selfish greed.

Educating the populace will always be important, but that alone won't be enough to halt climate change. We have to fundamentally alter an economic system (and social culture) that rewards profitable psychopathic greed.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Good article on global warming.
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
luvdemshrooms 5,490 86 06/10/03 06:56 AM
by Innvertigo
* Global Warming, Facts Challenge Hysteria
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Evolving 5,786 75 05/04/03 10:07 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* Global Warming?
( 1 2 all )
luvdemshrooms 2,737 37 07/18/03 08:49 PM
by Innvertigo
* thoughts on philosophy of government Anonymous 1,640 15 05/14/02 07:55 PM
by Jammer
* Important: Government attacking drug policy reform Anonymous 712 4 05/21/03 08:57 PM
by Anonymous
* Global Trade is...... Psilocybeingzz 1,649 14 01/25/03 04:18 AM
by Evolving
* The Shadow Government
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,549 28 08/29/17 05:23 PM
by Happy Days
* Justice Dept. Drafts Sweeping Expansion of Powers Evolving 859 2 02/08/03 11:05 AM
by Angry Mycologist

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
2,449 topic views. 3 members, 17 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.