Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Trendal's 121323534th Societal Rant
    #2575679 -

(rant)

This is a rant. It is called a rant because I do not exactly want to change who I am or change my mindset. It is a rant because I do not expect anything to come of it...except for you reading it, right now :wink:

Society is fucked. Western Society especially. Its days are numbered...and the numbers are getting smaller pretty fast.

I remember when I was younger, thinking of all the great things that would be possible when I grew up. Society seemed grand, to me. It had given us so much...had raised the standard of living so high.

Now, halfway to the point I imagined in my life...I sit dissillusioned.

I learned once, in English class, that dissillusionment was a part of growing up. Every child has an illusion they call the "real world"...and everyone has to face the destruction of their illusion as the Truth of the situation comes crashing home.

So where are we, now? Sitting here on this planet, third rock from the Sun, doing our best to insure ourselves with no reguard to the future.

Am I the only one who thinks about tomorrow? The next day? Twenty years from now?

I've only been here 23 years...but it seems like an instant. The next 20 years will go by in a flash. In that time, much will happen. Much more, in fact, than over the past 20 years.

We may run out of oil.

We may blow ourselves up, figuratively speaking.

We may go on as we are, though I think that is the least likely outcome...

Or things may get better.

Twenty years is a blink of an eye...yet human existence progresses with a fury not seen elsewhere. In twenty years, were I placed there right now, I would not recognize much. No familiarity, for sure.

When I was a child...I thought about the next day. "What will happen tomorrow". As I grew to my teens, I thought about the next year. Now, it appears, someone set my thought clock ahead a few decades.

People tell me, "be here now, stop worrying about the future". I can't. I am here now...but right now seems quite boring. I want to know about the future...about what I will face in ten, twenty, thirty, or more, years.

And then, in the middle of it all, I realize that there are not many people around me who operate this way. I mention the future...they nod and say something about next month. I mention the downfall of society (it is going to happen, sooner or later) and they ignore me. They don't think about what will happen to them down the timeline...they worry only about the Now. Feed me Now. Give me money Now. Make me happy Now. Without a care or a thought to the cliff they run towards.

In the blink of an eye, everything changes.

(/rant)


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trendal's 121323534th Societal Rant [Re: trendal]
    #2575740 -

Do something to change the world.

I am.

www.earthpeacesystems.org


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trendal's 121323534th Societal Rant [Re: trendal]
    #2576012 -

Mainline some dope, and none of these things will bother you. Live in the now, enjoy bliss.

ps: sorry, im doped out  :oogle:


--------------------
***--- Have You Opened Your Third eye?! ---***
      :::disclaimer:::this stuff was done in my dreams

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trendal's 121323534th Societal Rant [Re: trendal]
    #2579872 -

Hey man I feel the same way. It seems to me like society is headed to shit and everyone is looking the other way, or just totally oblivious. What the fuck do people think is going to happen the way the world is headed? Think of how long the earth has been around...I can't recall the exact # right now but definatly a long fucking time. Then think of how explosive the last...300 years have been. Things are definatly going to continue changing, and I predict its not for the better, eventually. We'll run out of oil. We find an alternative fuel, and after a long enough time it'll be gone to. And so will whatever replaces it. No power producing chemical reactions are infinite. And with the population growing the way it is, our time is exponentially decreasing, just as the amount of resources we consume is exponentially increasing. We sould all just be Indians again. And a few chemists. I'll shut up now.


--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trendal's 121323534th Societal Rant [Re: Grok]
    #2580956 -

This is why we need Bush out of office!


--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trendal's 121323534th Societal Rant [Re: Grok]
    #2581295 -



--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trendal's 121323534th Societal Rant [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2583080 -

SlapnutRob said:
This is why we need Bush out of office!



trust me there at least 6964903690869084 reasons why.....


--------------------
~~~~~*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*~~~~~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trendal's 121323534th Societal Rant [Re: trendal]
    #2583185 -

This is why The Man coalition needs to start influencing world events.


--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson


Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* More societal woes
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 5,363 36 06/01/03 09:36 AM
by Anonymous
* Yet another Intelligence rant...
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 5,344 38 01/03/04 04:53 PM
by Sparklehorse
* What is wrong with this world, or is it me? (warning-rant) LouiseLouise 1,390 14 09/09/05 10:27 PM
by LouiseLouise
* Rant: The Shroomery seems to have a lot of depressed people BrAiN 1,158 14 02/27/08 09:02 PM
by Tangerines
* fitness rant AlteredAgain 911 9 06/30/07 04:46 PM
by browndustin
* Random Rant LostMetropolis 972 4 12/06/03 12:19 AM
by EvilEwok
* i just need to rant for awhile bobjones 631 2 03/09/06 07:42 PM
by bobjones
* will I ever find an equal?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
DoctorJ 15,708 138 06/04/04 12:35 AM
by Grandpa

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,073 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.