Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
What is wrong with this world, or is it me? (warning-rant)
    #4604963 - 08/31/05 08:38 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I am getting so seriously depressed. I even snapped off at somebody on this site last nite. Things haven't really changed, things have been like this throughout history. you would think that with all the technology advances we have today, somebody would have figured out a way to act civilized.
I come home everyday with a heavy heart over the way things are.
It seems day after day, I just have one more negative thing to stew on.
You can't even get decent service anymore. I go to the store, instead of the salesman trying to make a sale, I have to interrupt his telephone conversation to make myself a sale. I go in the local convienient store, the cashier is in house slippers yaking it up on the telephone to the point where she doesn't even say "Hi or thank you or have a nice day" she just rings it up and expects me to know how much it is, then acts like she's doin me a favor to take my money.
Last week we went out to eat, the kid at the register is counting out (half assed, I might add) change for a 100 dollar bill with one hand, with the other, he's talking on the phone with his buddy. Yes, I complained about it, but that's beside the point. I'm getting tired of having to complain everywhere I go. Makes me feel like a grumpy person, but I'm not.
I smile (mostly out of sarcasm) everywhere I go. Out of sarcasm, I give the overly cheery front. I don't like frontin'
I'm in wal-mart today, a gal has the isle blocked up, she see's me there, and b/c she doesn't know if she's commin or goin' I wait patiently. She walks by, I smile and say hi, how are you today. She gives me a look like O< don't you talk to me :evil:
Now, I'm a normal looking fella, I don't look like a thug or a hippie or a punk.
I just can't believe that people will not move over for an ambulance. Yesterday, I'm commin out of the city (I live in the country) I hear a siren, I'm lookin around then I see the ambulance in the middle of the intersection (there is much traffic) all lit up like the day, I have a green light, but the ambulance is litterally creeping through the intersection and sure as shit somebody is trying to take off out in front of him.
I think I'm losin' my mind. Is it because I take things way to seriously?
You might think I need to see a counselor or something, I don't disagree. But no matter what, I still have to figure out how to deal in my own way, last time I went to see a counselor, I kept getting interrupted because her phone kept ringing, she's talkin to her friends about what shirts she bought this weekend and where they plan on going on vacation. When I tell her, don't people take work ethics seriously anymore, she becomes offended at me.
Seriously, I can deal, I just go on these rants once in a while. Thanks to the shroomary, I have a place to do it where people can identify with what I'm sayin'.
Thanks for listening, any input?

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
Re: What is wrong with this world, or is it me? (warning-rant) [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4605323 - 08/31/05 09:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The world is full of shit, but it's also full of beauty and goodness. I know that sounds like BS but it's true. Most people, in their daily lives, will be around a lot of bad and a lot of good. Now statistically some will see a lot worse things and some a lot better. More important than your actual surroundings though is how you perceive them. A lot of people get depressed and have trouble seeing the good things around them, while simultaneously finding every little negative they can as evidence that the world sucks. Somehow I'm almost the opposite: regardless of what happens I never really get down or too upset about it, knowing that somehow everything always works itself out.

I'd feel confident in suggesting that if you could look more on the positive side of things that you'd realize your world to be not as bad as it seems, but that's so much more easily said than done. A more realistic approach would be to find some things that do make you happy and try to increase the role of those things in your life. Change your environment to make it easier to change yourself. If you hate everyone in the city (even if it is without good reason) move to a different city. If your job pisses you off, find another one. Maybe hang out in nature away from all of the BS that accumulates in the cities and reflect on stuff that really matters.

The main point is that the only thing that has the power to decide your moods is you. If you're absolutely convinced that the world is full of crap, you'll see it that way regardless of what actually comes at you. The world is far too big to try to change (though if you're ambitious enough, by all means try), but your own mind is doable. Not as easy as it sounds like it should be, but possible.

That said, while all of this I'm saying sounds good to me, I haven't personally had such an experience (though I know people that have). I can't comment much on how to walk the path, just pointing you to one that seems right.

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: What is wrong with this world, or is it me? (warning-rant) [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4605335 - 08/31/05 09:36 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

you just need a nice cold bottle of wine, and chill, if it wasent,
for drugs and booze, I would be dead.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Re: What is wrong with this world, or is it me? (warning-rant) [Re: GulGen]
    #4605614 - 08/31/05 10:28 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Now that was a good post  :handth: I find it very interesting how you say you don't feel downed by the things you see. I do feel that at times. My girlfriend says baically, the same thing you just said, but now I've got her where she can't believe some of the things that go on.
But yeah, I don't like the town I live, I'm moving to 5 acres of my own little corner of the world in 3 days :grin: that should be relaxing, get away from it all. That's about what does it for me, but after so long, I begin to feel isolated.
It's cool, thanks for posting, it made me feel a whole lot better! :sun:
and rod, yeah, think i'm gonna dose this weekend, why the hell not, it's a great escape.

:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
    #4605779 - 08/31/05 10:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Cool! I hope everything works out for you. It's far too easy these days for people to lose themselves in how much of the world is shitty that they totally ignore and forget the mere existance of the good stuff.

Living in a place that you can measure in acres rather than square feet is a good move. It gives you a nice retreat so that you can distance yourself from the chaos of the city. I've lived on a property of 6 forested acres my entire life, so that part is from experience.  :wink:

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4605985 - 08/31/05 11:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I get like this too. If it's just one or two things that happen, I stayed pissed. But, if things seem like they're just gonna keep happening somehow I come out of my fog and just start to laugh and see what fucked up thing will happen next. I make a game out of it and just end up shaking my head without feeling pissed any more.

I like to think of it as a test to see how well I can handle it. Sometimes it's just amazing to disassociate yourself if possible and act like you're watching a show about stupidity on TV.

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Re: What is wrong with this world, or is it me? (warning-rant) [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4607226 - 09/01/05 08:36 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks ya'll. Those are some very good replies.
Yeah, schapper, that happens to me to, I laugh. When I'm trying to think what is exactly bugging me so I can diffuse it. Like when I was writing this I'm thinkin, my life is like a funny sitcom, just one bad occurance after another.
But it's really not that bad in perspective. Good things happen too. Look, I got people like you to comunicate with, that's good. Since I found the shroomery, it's been my homepage, I love this place.
I do however have a tough time seeing positive, tho I try and I do consider myself pesimistic :argh:

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4607905 - 09/01/05 01:34 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I do however have a tough time seeing positive, tho I try and I do consider myself pesimistic

We are SO much on the same page! I try to think positively, but it just seems that my wiring has changed over the years. I attribute it to too much responsibility and feeling like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I retrospect it seems that everything happens for a reason and turns out for the best, but even when I tell myself to think positively when bad stuff's happening, it just seems that I've forgotten how to and I tend to feel like I'm just kidding myself anyway. Maybe it's a case of losing hope or faith or something. Anyway keep on going and looking and I will too and if either of us find something that works, we'll share.

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4609350 - 09/01/05 06:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm coming to think the world is only as bad as you perceive it. I mean, when I go through the day in a neutral or positive or even happy/loving state of mind, it is reflected back upon me. I flow well through people and do not bump into anyone, people hold doors for me. Service is usually friendly. I don't really encounter anything that makes me say "This world is full of shit" (well except when people are watching CNN/FOX news or listening to a tyrannous and souless clear channel station that makes me want to scream...)

But if I'm not in a good mood... traffic is against me, I always almost run into people walking around..... I don't necessarily have the best encounters with people.

The saying sounds cliche at first, but "be the change you want to see in the world." if nothing else you will make the people immediately around you somewhat happier and more comfortable, and then your local environment will start to take on a better feeling.

I'm somewhat biased here since I interact with a fairly homogenous community of people that are generally friendly in the first place.

Quote:

I'm in wal-mart today, a gal has the isle blocked up, she see's me there, and b/c she doesn't know if she's commin or goin' I wait patiently. She walks by, I smile and say hi, how are you today. She gives me a look like O< don't you talk to me

stuff like that is fucked up though but you just have to let it go.

Like I used to be the kind of person that would look at you like that if you said "hi" to me and I didn't know you. Some people are very insecure and think that strangers are only there to bring them pain or inconveniance.... and some people are not at all comfortable engaging in even exchanging greetings with people they don't know.

You just have to be patient and filter out the "bad interactions" and try and live for the people that are the exceptions..... maybe these annoyances are the death throes of some bad karma or something you used to have from how you treated people a long while ago....

you just have to be patient and focus on the good.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (09/01/05 06:59 PM)

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: What is wrong with this world, or is it me? (warning-rant) [Re: leery11]
    #4609540 - 09/01/05 07:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Louise Louise, remember what de Gaulle said.

"The graveyards are full of indispensable men."

Don't let yourself feel all alone and surrounded by bad guys.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

#4610381 - 09/01/05 11:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

More than you know, actually. I just got in. we're goin down the road and i told my girl almost exactly what you have said. I see negative, But at teh same time, I'm optimistic, because I know that everything will be just fine.
I am a maticulous planner, she's the worrier. So, I'm not going to get to a point and say"maybe I should have done..." no, stick to the plan, I know I cut myself alot of slack drawing up the plan. There's gonna be problems, but, it's ok. Just stick to the plan and make the best of what you have. I like the saying, plan for the worst, hope for the best.
And leery, that is quite interesting, your view on mood. I think about that alot, and I consciously try to be in a good mood, although underneath, I think I'm in a bad mood alot :shrug: I smile alot (I got the perma smile permanently)
No, but really some good stuff here in this thread. I appreciate ya'll. I have actually been in a much better disposition since I first read GulGen's reply. and I think about it throughout the day.

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4610481 - 09/01/05 11:43 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

LOL.

I LOVE hanging out with worriers!!  It takes the load off of me!!
And it automatically puts me in the position of being an optimist.

Glad you're grasping a new viewpoint.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #4611947 - 09/02/05 12:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

LouiseLouise, I agree, the world is full of shit and people as a whole are shit. To be honest, no matter what you do, unless that is the destruction of the human species, people will remain shit and get shittier as time goes by. This is what helps me...having plants in my apartment, riding my bicycle, strethcing/meditation, "drugs", nature. Enjoy these wondeful gifts when you can, but the way things are, unless you deny everything and live in isolation, you're going to get slammed back into the harshness of "reality" and "real life".

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

#4638145 - 09/09/05 03:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well, to top it all off, I spend 45 minutes typing and my message has expired :argh:
That's just my day man, I'll be back with an unbelievable rant later, I'm out of time.

peace ya'll

--------------------

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

#4639897 - 09/10/05 12:27 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Twice now, man, I sure wasn't meant to post that.
So I'll quit trying.

peace...

Edited: 9-10 I hate waste, and I wanted to put something relevant here, so I edited.
How do you do your job? Do you take care and pride in what you do? If you read this, please answer that question for me. I'm finding that one of the things I hate most about people is the way they don't do what they're supposed to do.
Why does it seem like I have to do everybody's job for them so it gets done right? This is what makes me feel like a ton of bricks after having to interact with others. So much happened in the last week, no positive experiences with people. Except my employers. Seems some people can appreciate a job well done.
Seems to me like this is whats wrong with america, we want to get paid big bucks (why everything is so expensive) and do crap for it (which is why quality and customer satisfacxtion are so low)
So, tell me about your work. Maybe I'll start a new thread later.

peace

Edited by LouiseLouise (09/10/05 09:01 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being