Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Random Rant
    #2155409 - 12/03/03 03:46 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

It's 3 pm, and once again the day has prematurely come to an end.
Not to say the day ever really began.
So what have I done today?
Nothing.

Can't find a job. Don't have any energy. Can't seem to focus in on anything. Not particularly interested in trying to focus anymore, only to fail repeatedly, again and again.
After all, what's the point?

I see people all around me every day, that is if I leave the house that day. These people have lives, jobs, money, friends. They all love to talk to each other, usually about the most trivial of things. Weather, sex, alcohol, other people, work, clubs. Blah blah blah. Does anyone talk about ideas anymore? Or is the superficial world just a front, when on the inside everyone just wants a stranger to come up to them and say something profound that gives answers to the unanswerable riddles of life. Are we all just on a constant subconscious search for meaning? What if there is no real meaning, and all the meaning we ourselves give to things is only an illusion to help us keep going.

Everyone is always looking for the next best thing to fill in the gap, until of course inevitably, the next gap comes along. How many relationships, friends, jobs, houses, orgasms, cars, births, deaths do people go through before they realize it's all just an endless cycle, slowly spiraling toward death, the ultimate gap. The ultimate unanswerable question. Perhaps we all do realize the unending cycle exists, and are simply in denial, hoping that one day something will be found that brings it to an end. The perfect job, the soul mate.

It's all just a big joke. And somewhere, someone is laughing, but it isn't me and it isn't you.

As children we're lead to believe that the world is a beautiful place. Full of love and wonder and curiousity. But then reality sets in. Work, or die. We're all slaves to the system. Sure we're free to do whatever we want with our lives, but they never said if you don't do it OUR way, you will fail. If you don't work and pay your taxes and go to school and trade valued green pieces of paper, you don't have a snowball's chance in hell in this world.

So, again, what is the point?

To be, or not to be?

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMorbidHamster
Total Head Fook
Loc: Un-United Kingdom
Re: Random Rant [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #2155605 - 12/03/03 04:42 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Wow, nice words their mate. Ive been thinking and feeling the exact same things as you of late, the world we live in has become so fickle. People seem to wrapped up in the latest trend/hype/bit of make up thats come out on the market that i think people have become blind to what life is really about. Appreciating what we have and who we know, not how much your car cost or that ?150000000000000 pair of shoes the next person just bought and you want. Your also right about how we're slaves to the system, it does suck royally.

You seem like your in the same situation as me, lost in this world of hype and advertising wondering where we fit in.

Then again i could be 100 miles of what your saying so...

Rant end :smile:

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2156139 - 12/03/03 07:26 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

You aren't the only one who realizes how materialistic our world has become. And you aren't the only one who feels like they dont fit in, or who thinks the same way as you. Just many of us are afraid to admit it.

We've strayed so far away from our roots that we almost forget what our roots are.. Take that blackout that occured in the summer for example. All of Toronto was out of power, NY, Ottawa, Niagara Falls.. etc. Biggest blackout in many many years. Do you remember how everyone reacted? How scared everyone was? It's like no one knew what to do. "It's a tragedy! What now!?" If you've ever gone camping, you would realize it was no big thing.. We have developed such a dependance these days. And why are we dependant? Because we're lazy and have found easier ways to accomplish things..

I've said this many times.. Everyone is so caught up in their preoccupation that they forget what it's like to be human. To be real. To be compassionate towards another person. To put ones feelings before money or other materialistic things..

What i think this world needs, is a long vacation in the middle of no where. Where there is nothing but nature. We've got it so easy these days and people are becoming bored and incredibly lazy. Nothing seems to be good enough anymore.

What you can do to make the world, or at least your small part of the world, a better place is value the little things. Don't lose appreciation for the small things that everyone so easily overlooks. Be a good person and respect each other. Smile at a stranger on the street. Be human.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Onlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2160195 - 12/05/03 02:46 AM (13 years, 8 days ago)

ya, you are not the only one who feels this way. i hate our system, i hate money, and i hate the fact that there is no way to exist in our society with out conforming to the rules of the game. it sux, but like you said, we are slaves to it...what can we do? my goals in life are far from the things that everyone else strives for, so hence i am a loser....oh well i i like to watch the sun rise/fall...when so many others would rather watch a movie or play a computer game. i go to college for the knowledge that i gain, where others go in order to get a better job with more money....they hate school, i like it. i dont fret about my looks, clothing, or the impression i give people.... to others it is their main goal in life. i find these things so trivial. every ones so caught up in the race that they forgot where the finish line is. the world today reminds me ofthe part in alice in wonder land when everyone races around in a circle...dont know where their going, or where they came from...its pathetic.

anyway...i feel ya

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
Re: Random Rant [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2163242 - 12/06/03 02:19 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

This is a great post, Damn i'm glad i'm not the only sane person thats left in the world. Especialy the point about what people talk about, No one thinks or wonders anymore... this race is headed for destruction, and i hope i'm there when the shit hits the fan

--------------------
Now go Home.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being