Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Cravings for nicotine in trips
    #25715279 -

Happy new year folks!

I quit smoking this Summer, and I quit nicotine replacement therapy in October. It was hard and took several attempts, but I developed a strategy that worked for me. The strategy was to resist the cravings and take some nicotine after the inset of withdrawal, but before I lose control and indulge in it. This not only worked, but also helped me develop a sort of skill of resisting these cravings if they return.

I was doing quite well until I attended a mushroom ceremony in December. I had a light and pleasant trip on 15g of truffles, but I felt a strong desire to smoke a cig during the comedown. I even shot one and didn't smoke it only because we were not allowed to go outside at that point.
I had a heavy trip home alone last night. Somewhere during the peak, I felt the strongest cravings in my life. They were irresistible. I rushed to my nightstand desperately looking for some tobacco snuff (I had given it away long ago, but convinced myself there still should be some left). I was ready to go out and buy cigarettes right in the middle of an insane trip, and the only thing that stopped me was realization that there are no open tobacco shops nearby.

People usually spread stories like 'Oh wow, a single trip cured my addiction', and I was not ready to experience the opposite.

My guess is that my way of quitting involved much self-control, and I feel the cravings again once the self-control gets weakened by the substance.

What do you think? Is it gonna be like this next time? I feel no desire to smoke when I'm sober, but I'm afraid to give in during a trip.


--------------------
You gave me a wonderful, wonderful world,
And you gave me eyes to see it,
And you gave me LSD to open them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cravings for nicotine in trips [Re: kyu]
    #25715334 -

it's really impossible to say with shrooms. trips aren't the same even with the same person. it might have been your inner self trying to help you fight off any residual cravings. after all: regardless of the reason, you didn't give in.

if you didn't give in during a trip that made you crave it more than you've ever felt...you're certainly able to avoid giving in during normal times. maybe it was a lesson to teach you that you've got more willpower to resist than you think.

of course, you could always make sure the same thing occurs i.e. no tobacco in house, tripping while no shops are open so there's no opportunity, etc. you might never get that craving again, but if you prepare ahead of time, it might help relax you so you're not worrying about it happening again, potentially triggering a repeat craving from dwelling and worrying about it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cravings for nicotine in trips [Re: Psion]
    #25715440 -

Im currently using the same method to quit. I have put the cigarettes behind me and now am using the Mark10 ecig u can buy at the shops. I wait for the craving and then and then I inhale 3 measured doses and then put it down. I usually only trip at music festivals and I know 100% that this will be the only place where nicotine will be allowed. I think if we have the self control to quit daily addiction then we should have the control to reward ourselves with some only at a certain place and certain time. Nicotine is so good and the mini vapes make it so fucking appealing. Only Sith Lords deal in absolutes..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cravings for nicotine in trips [Re: Errl_Shmirl]
    #25715561 -

I have to smoke when i'm tripping, i'm a fairly heavy smoker anyway but i could honestly chainsmoke on shrooms or lsd.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cravings for nicotine in trips [Re: Piaseski]
    #25715676 -

Piaseski said:
I have to smoke when i'm tripping, i'm a fairly heavy smoker anyway but i could honestly chainsmoke on shrooms or lsd.



Tobacco does a weird thing to the visuals for me. Like it puts a "bark" on everything. Hard to explain it.


--------------------
PrimalSoup's Tea Tek

"I always say the tea is like eating a burning tire covered in dog shit while someone steps on your nuts. Good luck!"
"Hell, shrooms have blown up from under me and kicked my ass on 2 grams once."
"I think ill eat some shrooms right about now, and ill continue to until it doesnt feel like the right thing to do."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cravings for nicotine in trips [Re: Psion]
    #25716245 -

Thanks Psion, you're right!


--------------------
You gave me a wonderful, wonderful world,
And you gave me eyes to see it,
And you gave me LSD to open them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cravings for nicotine in trips [Re: Errl_Shmirl]
    #25716461 -

Errl_Shmirl said:
Im currently using the same method to quit. I have put the cigarettes behind me and now am using the Mark10 ecig u can buy at the shops. I wait for the craving and then and then I inhale 3 measured doses and then put it down. I usually only trip at music festivals and I know 100% that this will be the only place where nicotine will be allowed. I think if we have the self control to quit daily addiction then we should have the control to reward ourselves with some only at a certain place and certain time. Nicotine is so good and the mini vapes make it so fucking appealing. Only Sith Lords deal in absolutes..



Well I had to become a Sith Lord, because whenever I tried to enjoy nicotine occasionally, I would find myself consuming 25mg/day after a couple of days. That's what they call addiction.


--------------------
You gave me a wonderful, wonderful world,
And you gave me eyes to see it,
And you gave me LSD to open them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cravings for nicotine in trips [Re: kyu]
    #25716664 -

I was once craving a smoke on a trip and after 3 tokes it tasted so disgusting I had to put it out. After that experience cigarettes started tasting foul all the time and quit soon after.

I'm not suggesting you smoke after being abstinent for so long, just that things may not always be what they seem. Sometimes a craving has to come up as it's still residing within you and only by having it arise can you learn to move past it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cravings for nicotine in trips [Re: kyu]
    #26695498 -

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I believe it's worth the lost karma.

What I described in the original post took place during my first serious yet failed attempt to quit. There was another failed attempt after that.

I'm reading Allen Carr's Easy Way book, and it's clear to me now that my previous attempts to quit were doomed from the beginning. What mushrooms actually did to me was they revealed the truth: I had not quit, only stopped taking nicotine for a while. I was still convinced deep down nicotine was good for me, and my quitting was just a farce of my ego. I didn't give in during the trip, but I had a stressful period later which gave me the long-waited excuse.

I was afraid to trip since then, because I thought mushrooms would cause cravings. But they only provoked honesty, like come on man, we both know you want it, and we both know you'll either do it or keep building walls inside you. They diagnosed me.

So yeah, tripping is perfectly safe in this case and can actually provide valuable feedback.


--------------------
You gave me a wonderful, wonderful world,
And you gave me eyes to see it,
And you gave me LSD to open them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I prefer to trip in the summer. splinter 1,498 17 01/11/04 03:17 PM
by Sl1p
* What is a F@&#ING Sweeeeeeeetttttttt Trip?!?!?!?! Trip_Out_7 11,264 14 07/12/22 08:06 AM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Bad Trips. I need info
( 1 2 all )
Trip_Out_7 18,391 23 12/30/22 02:31 PM
by TerdleMountain
* Trip Level? optikal_trip 6,330 10 01/04/22 08:26 AM
by candyman345
* Is it posible to trip on shrooms w/out smoking pot
( 1 2 all )
Cosmic_Monkey 19,467 27 05/30/20 04:01 AM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Tripping in the dark on acid.... Trip 3,355 4 01/21/04 09:27 PM
by purpleberries
* Can pot COOKIES increase a shroom trip?
( 1 2 3 all )
Trip_Out_7 20,946 42 10/11/23 02:53 PM
by Neurotech
* Tripping Solo?
( 1 2 3 all )
Bigwelby 17,772 48 05/14/24 09:52 AM
by CHUCK.HNTR

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
787 topic views. 1 members, 116 guests and 64 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.