Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesolidshroom
ShiggityShiggity Shwa

Loc: Far Frozen North
DXM 900mg trip report LONG 2pages
    #2557119 - 04/13/04 09:40 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

I wrote this the morning after DXM, thought id post it incase anyone wanted to read it. Sorry for the length, i couldnt really make it any shorter, and i put in excerpts from erowid because some of the stuff i experienced i cant put into words on my own.

This last weekend me and my buddy were stuck alone at college, so we decided to do some DXM. He ended up taking 700mg over the night, and I took 900. I started out with 700, and I wrapped it in Kleenex and threw it down hatch. My friend dissolved his in water, (500 at first) and took it, I wish I had done that later. I also wish I hadn?t eaten just before we did it. We did it on the spur of the moment and I had just eaten some pizza, which delayed and weakened my effects. Oh well.

We started out with watching a movie and waiting for the effects to kick in. We watched part of Trainspotting than opted for Orange County because it was easier to follow. My friend started to come up far before me, and ended up feeling the effects like 3 hours before me. Because of this, I added another 200mg which I took in water. I convinced my friend to take 200mg later so that we could both be tripping at the same time.

Anyhow, the night progressed, we watched the visualizer on the computer with techno, and once I started to feel the effects we ended up playing techno and playing with glow sticks. The tracers from glow sticks were amazing. They were at least 3 feet long and we could do a whole lot of cool stuff with them. Glow sticks are a LOT of fun to play with. The music sounded amazing, all the beats were flowing through us. I really like techno

This went on for awhile, than my friend was peaking, I could tell because he just wanted to sit in the dark and listen to music with his eyes closed. I thought at times that I was envious because I didn?t know if mine was ever going to kick in at all. Than once I started to peak we both ended up just lying down in the dark, listening to the music. It was a very intense experience. DXM gets crazier with every bit that I do. I would lie down and close my eyes, than ?the darkness? would come take over me (what was weird was how me and my friend talked about trippin and we both called it The darkness, same themes.)

Once the darkness would come, I would just relax and sink into the couch/bed. Counciousness of my body would soon disappear and I would be enveloped completely. The darkness would start with my vision, turning it black, than take over my entire body. Sometimes I would see nothing but darkness, sometimes fractal patterns and the like. But more often than not I would stare with my eyes closed, than I would see shady, dark grey outlines of a room. The last time I did a DXM I had a similair experience. I would see shady outlines of rooms, corners, shelves, and so on. I saw a lot of different rooms, different amounts of light different fixtures different etc? but they were always shrouded in darkness.

Another awesome effect at this point was the music. The techno completely owned me. I could feel different beats in different parts of my body/ego/whatever and different music would totally change what I was feeling. It was insane. It?s so easy for me to leave my body behind on DXM, I really enjoy it a lot.

After doing this for a LONG time, and having a blast, my buddy started to come down. I was still fucked up as all hell. He wanted to go outside and have smoke some ganja, so we did. At this point I noticed something funny, me and my buddy seemed like midgets to me, it seemed like we were incredibly short, and my arms had no reach, it was a weird feeling. Lilliputian hallucinations (taken from Erowid), things seem either way to big or way to small.

An interesting and probably associated sensory phenomenon is that it seems as if one is aware of several temporal stages of sensory processing all at once. In other words, a sentence may be heard not sound for sound or word for word, but all at once (this is difficult to describe). Similarly, visual images may be jumbled together with previous images. This may be due to an excessive persistence of sensory buffering. This is another affect that I experienced, taken from Erowid because I cant put it into words.

I had a hard time walking out of my room and out past the desk attendants. I felt like I was walking like some fucked up robot, and I felt more conspicuous than I ever have. At this point I noticed a lot of new effects. My vision was completely ruined, I was having double vision like crazy, and my depth perception was completely ruined. I could look at something I knew to be 3 feet away, but it seemed like it was miles away, like a completely different world. But I would take a step, and be there. Than I would look back and where I just was seemed like a completely different world. Every point of view was amazingly different. Another crazy effect was ?flanging? that?s the only word for it. When I would hear things, they would ?flange?. People talking, etc. Sounds sounded like they were cut up and changed pitch and stuff, I can?t really explain it, but its insane. Also ambient noise outside sounded like some sort of odd techno beat, and the beat never left me. ?Flanging, also called phlanging, phasing, stop-action, framing, strobing, etc., is the sensation that continuous sensory input has been chopped up into frames (as if you were watching a badly animated cartoon), often with some echo effect of each frame? from erowid.org

Eventually, we made it out to the woods with some difficulty. I had a hard time walking, but we made it and we sat down on a log. Here I had one of the strongest bonding experiences I?ve ever had with another guy. We talked for what seemed like hours and it seemed like we were both on the same level, and we were so alike. I can?t really explain it, but everything either of us said was easily compared to our own lives, and just reassured how similar we were. For example, his best friend is like his brother, and my brother in law is my best friend. We made tons of comparisons like this. We talked for hours about how that one night was a focal point in our life. ?some users feel as if there were a break in the continuity of their memory, almost like the close of one chapter and the beginning of another. Some find this a very positive feeling, like a rebirth or rite of passage. It can be disconcerting if experienced without adequate foreknowledge and preparation?. That?s the best way to describe how we felt. How it was a right of passage or whatnot, or how we would never be the same again after that night. I couldn?t see anything beyond that night hardly, it seemed like the trip would last forever, and at times I did worry that I would never come down because at that point I was still feeling it strong.

Anyhow, after a lot of bonding, we smoked, and I could barely get a few hits down. It rocked my world. I could hardly stand anymore after those hits, and ended up just lying in the snow, looking up through the trees into the skies talking to my buddy. We did this for along time, and anytime I would stand up, or move around it seemed like my whole environment changed. It felt like I was really small and objects a few feet away could be miles away for all it mattered. Sound was choppy, vision was double and choppy, all my sensory input was choppy.

Eventually, after talking and bonding for along time, we decided to head back in. We walked the few hundred yards back to the dorms, and at times it seemed miles away but than before we knew it I was out front. WE sat on the bench for awhile, because I didn?t think I could act sober. Eventually we went inside, and I was walking all fucked up or something because the Desk Attendant asked me if I lived there. This really threw me off, I didn?t know what to say. This Desk Attendant was someone I had seen tons of times before, and I just mumbled something about the floor I lived on and stumbled in the door, and to the elevator. After that we just went back to my room, and I puked ( I think it was because the Desk attendent, confused me really bad ) and I eventually went to sleep, after the trip wore off.

This was one of the strongest bonding experiences I?ve ever had with someone, and it was a blast to. It just surprises me how different DXM is at different doses, and I really realize that there are plateaus, and I want to explore the higher ones. DXM is definitely one of my more favorite drugs, simply because of the cheapness, the fun, the lack of bad effects, and so on. It?s a good all around drug for me. There?s other drugs I?d rather do, but none so easy to get and so cheap to do. It?s also very versatile. Different doses give significantly different effects.

Be careful with DXM if you do it, its easy to abuse. Easy to get and cheap

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesolidshroom
ShiggityShiggity Shwa

Re: DXM 900mg trip report LONG 2pages [Re: solidshroom]
    #2557633 - 04/14/04 12:56 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

to long to read i spose :P

--------------------

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
    #2558721 - 04/14/04 10:31 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

hey man, great trip report.

:nut:

keep on dxm'ing.  :thumbup:

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: DXM 900mg trip report LONG 2pages [Re: JCoke]
    #2558874 - 04/14/04 11:07 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

HA ha, i love DXM, i have only expirienced rather low doeses but i am planning on taking a higher dose soon. Great trip report! :grin:

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: DXM 900mg trip report LONG 2pages [Re: fliped]
    #2561752 - 04/14/04 11:35 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Hey, awesome report! I really enjoyed reading it. Took me back to my old days of doing a lot DXM.. it is definitely a very strange drug, but for some reason it kept me coming back, a few dozen times. lol. It's a hardcore intense trip and I think that's what I liked about it, yeah it really does make you feel like a robot.

The thing about people talking and hearing the sentence all at once, I know EXACTLY what you mean by that. It's like, by the time you hear the last word they said, you're only beginning to comprehend the FIRST word, and it kind of all gets mixed up. And the depth perception too, I agree. One time on a 3rd plateau trip I was sitting in my living room, and looking at a table like 4 feet away, but it seemed like it was like... 20 feet away. As if I was looking at it through a different dimension or something, as well.

Just take it easy with DXM, it really can fuck you up... as in permanently. (Trust me) It is some strong shit.

--------------------

Offlinesolidshroom
ShiggityShiggity Shwa

Re: DXM 900mg trip report LONG 2pages [Re: the free thinker]
    #2562117 - 04/15/04 01:35 AM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Yeah i know, thanks for the tips :smile: i never do it more than once every 2 weeks, just to keep safe :P

just curious, what ways has it permanantly affected you?

--------------------

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

#2563396 - 04/15/04 12:05 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

I just feel like I lost something in general... I can't really put my finger on it, but I know I'm not the same. And it's not in a good way, like traditional pychedelics. At time back when I was doing it a lot I was fried totally... retarded. I had like 5 phrases in my vocabulary, it was sad. DXM is really bad for your brain.

--------------------

Offlinesolidshroom
ShiggityShiggity Shwa

#2563660 - 04/15/04 01:00 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

how often were you doing it? and what was your common dose?

--------------------

OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

#2563753 - 04/15/04 01:19 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

I just wanna say awesome trip report, but I would make that your last time doing 900mg. Thats actually a really big dose. If you dont wanna permenantly get fucked up, keep it around 250 - 300mg with some pot to help the effects. And I never did it more than once a month or so, that way my brain had time to repair itself  :smirk:.

Offlinesolidshroom
ShiggityShiggity Shwa

Re: DXM 900mg trip report LONG 2pages [Re: Hahzist]
    #2564237 - 04/15/04 02:42 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

when i do sub 350mg i never get any of the good effects that i enjoy. When i do sub 350, even the first time, i just get all hyper and cracked out.

i have to do 500+ to be able to get the effects i like, and ive only done dxm like 5 times.

I just got 16 grams, i'm thinking i'll get rid of most of that and just grow shrooms someday. DXM is a lot of fun, just seems like the bad effects aren't worth it.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
    #2568776 - 04/16/04 05:13 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Thanks for the report. Stories like that make me want to try DXM, even though there are risks for problems (like Free Thinker said). I think I'll try a full bottle of Robitussin Max Strength and then have some weed around just incase I want to step it up. I've read that you shouldn't eat beforehand, so I'm not going to eat for about 12 hours before I do it. I also read that grapejuice would help, so I'm going to use that as a chaser. I'll definitely be picking a time and place where I won't be bugged anyone that I'm not doing it with. Then I'll get some nice music and hopefully have a good time.

Thanks for the reassurance. :smile:

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

#2570169 - 04/17/04 01:44 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

I was doing it normally once a week.  I always have liked high dosages of everything I have tried, DXM included.  My "normal" dose would normally never be lower than 500mg, and typically would be closer to 600-800mg.  I did that for about 2 months during summertime 2 years ago, and by the end of the summer I just couldn't go on.. my brain was fucked.  It was kind of sad because I had to admit to myself that I could no longer do what I loved (DXM) but it's the truth.  I had to quit.  But then I discovered traditional pychedelics and never looked back :smile:

I feel fine now, I'm not fucked up anymore.. but for a while I was wondering if I would recover.  Well I did and it's all good, just don't do too much DXM, kids.  That is the moral of the story.

Im going to bed.  *yawn*

--------------------

OfflineNationofStrangers
Beeeeyah!!!!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Austin TX
    #2571389 - 04/17/04 03:27 PM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

the free thinker said:
I just feel like I lost something in general... I can't really put my finger on it, but I know I'm not the same. And it's not in a good way, like traditional pychedelics. At time back when I was doing it a lot I was fried totally... retarded. I had like 5 phrases in my vocabulary, it was sad. DXM is really bad for your brain.

i had the same effets except i was doing moderate doses every day and huge ones on the weekend for about a month or so... yes yes it did fuck you up

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder