Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleextulas
Stranger

Loc: Franconia,Bayern,Deutschl...
Mycobags fault or Ralphsters?
    #2541264 - 04/08/04 09:29 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Its been 42 days and I have followed all directions 100%, Out of 4 bags 2 showed nothing, Look like the day I received them and 2 about 50% mycellium growth, According to mycobag.com's FAQ:
(The Myco Environment Bag(TM) has been extensively tested and is prepared using very strict quality control guidelines. As such, we do not expect many of our customers to have problems with this product. If nothing appears to be growing in your bag (i.e. it looks just as it did the day it arrived, even after culture inoculation) then chances are the culture used to inoculate the bag has become unviable.

Is ralphster's spores bad or mycobag? Is there anyway I can figure this out what went wrong? (The spores or the bags?)

--------------------
"Maybe if you didn't call everyone bitches, more people would want to hang out with you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKommunist
Stranger

Re: Mycobags fault or Ralphsters? [Re: extulas]
    #2541276 - 04/08/04 09:30 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

I think the problem lies with extulas

--------------------
Join The American Communist Party

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: Mycobags fault or Ralphsters? [Re: Kommunist]
    #2541296 - 04/08/04 09:35 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Kommunist said:
I think the problem lies with extulas

Yes, this is most likely the problem. Ralphsters is a great vendor and I have never had any problem with his products. I've never used mycobags before, but if they're on such strict quality control, it is probably extulas fault.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2541299 - 04/08/04 09:36 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Although I'm not at all fond of the bags I do know that they are a good product and as for Ralph 9 different syringes, 9 different strains. everyone came out fine.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #2541742 - 04/08/04 11:24 PM (20 years, 11 days ago)

did you shake the syringe vigorously, I know both to be very good products and both vendors are top notch... both stand behind their product... I'm sure if you returned each item to the vendors or at least PM/e-mail them you will have a solution that you'll be pleased with...

OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
    #2541878 - 04/09/04 12:00 AM (20 years, 11 days ago)

You forgot the human error possibility.

If you're using bags, I'm assuming you are new to cultivation, and it happens, and probably will happen again. Most people rush the first time.

-J

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mycobags fault or Ralphsters? [Re: FunkyBudah]
    #2542000 - 04/09/04 12:38 AM (20 years, 11 days ago)

I know of people that have grown for years and use bags for all sorts... I've grown many molds in them.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2542013 - 04/09/04 12:45 AM (20 years, 11 days ago)

Did you inject the middle of the substrate?

If you did, you didn't follow the directions 100%. You should steralize between the plastic and the substrate... or you risk stalling your bag... also, growth is visible earlier on the outside of the substrate. No problem... you may re-inoculate. Be sure to mash the bags again at like... 20% and 70% colonization to spread the myc to the uncolonized parts of the bag. Don't worry, the myc will more than recover in a day or so. Proper mashing at the appropriate time greatly speeds up colonization. I've seen bags colonize faster than PF jars do.

Did you re-steralize the syringe after each inoculation?

If you didn't, you didn't follow the directions 100%. You may have given your dud bags a bacteria infection. Smell the patch... if it smells like anything but dirt, you are fucked... otherwise, you may re-inoculate.

Did you mash the MycoBags after injecting?

If you didn't, you didn't follow the directions 100%. Your spores may have stalled. Unmashed, a Mycobag is like a brick... you want it to feel like potting soil. You can probably re-inoculate.

That two bags worked... implies the syringe is good... but the needle still needs to be steralized between inoculations... use flame until the needle is red, then cool it with a cotton swab covered in rubbing alcohol.

Always smell the patches of the MycoBags before you inoculate. This way, you will know if they are contaminated. The best way to cover your ass is to find an infection BEFORE you inoculate. If you smell nothing... the chances of the bags becoming contaminated by anything but YOU are slim.

I hope this information helps you locate what went wrong.

If it doesn't help you figure out your problem, you can contact the vendors... but be nice... chances are they shipped you a good product. That said... some vendors are very forgiving of newbie mistakes... especially Shroomery newbies... you may be able to get your bags replaced if they are contaminated. MycoBag has wonderful customer service.

The spores will be a harder sell. Sounds like the syringe is good... or NONE of the bags would've worked.

Don't worry, worst case scenario, two bags will still give you a lot of shrooms.

Yeah... MycoBags aren't rocket science, but you can screw them up. I fucked a few up the first time (as have many others)... basically by not following ANY of the above instructions... except for the sterile needle (I did that). Three out of four bags got bacteria... fortunately, the needle popped off my syringe during unpacking... possibly contaminating the syringe before it was even used... so I was able to get the syringe AND the bags replaced (I bought bags and spores from the SAME vendor... when they sold both).

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale