Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineferago2
gnubie
Second time shrooming, still no "magic"
    #2521189 - 04/03/04 11:24 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I ate an eighth of shrooms from a reputable dealer last night, and so did my one friend (who I also tripped with my first time on 1.8 grams... this is my second time) I proceeded to have the weirdest night ever. It took me ages to come up- we ate before midnight, and I don't think I was feeling much of anything except a little distance from everything (like being midly buzzed off weed) until I smoked a bowl around 2:30. My friend had been tripping balls the whole time, and some more experienced friends couldn't figure out why I wasn't. I went to go to sleep around 3 somehting, only to get into the bathroom, get sort of zoned out by the flickering neon light, and start staring at my face in the mirror until I looked like some sort of undead, with my skin all shriveling up around my skull.  At this point I was so tired and worn out from not expecting to really trip at all (It had been _hours_ after ingestion) that I couldn't fully appreciate it. I was seeing all manner of strange things, patterns like fine gold filigree in the carpet, whole forest scenes in the frost on some glass, and with my eyes closed all sorts of colors and shapes. I stared at a light so long the afterimage followed me everywhere as a purple dot.

The thing that struck me though is that it seemed to be once again a very "superficial" trip. I didn't, just like my first time, feel any enlightenment or anything like that, nor did I really think weird thoughts. I don't know what this is due to: whether it's possible that my mind doesn't need to be "opened" (I am a very open minded and naturally psychadelic person, thinking about things in strange terms and that sort of thing all the time). It's also possible that the night was, like the first, just too crazy to be psychadelic. There were tons of drunk people doing insane shit all night, and I felt like the sober adult around then :tongue:

Basically it was a more intense version of my first experience... crazy things happening, seeing patterns and weird wiggles, but seeing them with a detached and sober mind. Does anyone have any ideas how I can have a really more personal intense trip? Maybe shrooms just aren't my thing?

Edited by ferago2 (04/03/04 11:25 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Second time shrooming, still no "magic" [Re: ferago2]
    #2521222 - 04/03/04 11:51 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

practice setting.

Ie. Alone or with close friends in personal environment.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #2521226 - 04/03/04 11:53 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

psilocybin will effect different people in different ways, i have a friend who always has to eat almost double the does i take to reach the same level, he is a bigger guy though.
I also have friends that are extremely sensitive to psilocybin and will have very intence trips of 1.5 to 2 grams.

If you are saying your friend was tripping hard the whole time you might just be one of those people who have to take higher doeses. gradully take higher doeses untill you find the right amount it takes for you to achive the level you like.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2521251 - 04/03/04 12:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I know exactly how you feel. Like, I made a very similar post at one point not too long ago. You were definatly tripping....your brain just isn't used to it so you don't really see it at first I guess. Lets read your post and see how sober you were heh,
Quote:

get sort of zoned out by the flickering neon light, and start staring at my face in the mirror until I looked like some sort of undead, with my skin all shriveling up around my skull.

Quote:

I was seeing all manner of strange things, patterns like fine gold filigree in the carpet, whole forest scenes in the frost on some glass, and with my eyes closed all sorts of colors and shapes. I stared at a light so long the afterimage followed me everywhere as a purple dot.

Sounds like you were trippin pretty hard to me, I understand what you mean when you say it all seemed superficial though. I had this same problem when I started out, and I think I now understand why. I'm sure you've heard all these stories, and read all these crazy trip reports....so you have an idea in your head as to what "tripping" should be like, but you really still have no idea. You've got to get past what you've read, and let the mushrooms themselves tell you what they can do to you.

Quote:

It's also possible that the night was, like the first, just too crazy to be psychadelic. There were tons of drunk people doing insane shit all night, and I felt like the sober adult around then

Once again, this sounds all too familiar. That kind of setting definatly is gonna effect the experience, not always in a negative way......it tends to keep me more grounded to reality though.

Quote:

Does anyone have any ideas how I can have a really more personal intense trip?

It almost seems like you already know the answer to that question. Your looking for a "more personal intense trip"? Tripping is all about set and setting, thats what makes or breaks a trip. You've been tripping in an party-type enviroment where everyone is drinking and having a good time, so thats the kind of experience you've been having. I bet you get kinda giggly, feel pretty weird, and notice lights being brighter and maybe jiggly and thats about it.
I suggest you try again in a more "personal" setting. Try tripping either alone, or with a few (1-3 tops) good friends in a safe and relaxed place. Get a few cd's with tripped out music ready before hand (once it starts it's so hard for me to decide what to listen to), and smoke as much pot as possible. If that dosn't take you where you want to go, then read Terrance McKenna's "Food of the Gods".

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Second time shrooming, still no "magic" [Re: fliped]
    #2521256 - 04/03/04 12:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think thats bad advice. I had the same problem as he did, and I tried to fix it by raising the dosage, and it was a mistake. It's my opinion that less is more, you can get so much more from 2g than you can from 20. Read his post, he obviously took enough and was tripping....he just didn't get what he wanted out of the experience. I agree with PDU (I started my first post before he had posted his response), classic case of set and setting.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Re: Second time shrooming, still no "magic" [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2521268 - 04/03/04 12:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

it is not like i was telling him to jump from 2 to five grams or anything, i told him just to gradually increase his doeses untill he found the suitable amount. I guess it does make since that he had certain expectation and he felt that he was not that high when he really was.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Second time shrooming, still no "magic" [Re: fliped]
    #2521277 - 04/03/04 12:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

it is not like i was telling him to jump from 2 to five grams or anything, i told him just to gradually increase his doeses untill he found the suitable amount.

I hear where your coming from, you didn't say something totally out of line or anything I just don't agree. Drugs definatly do effect different people in different ways, but in this case I highly doubt the dose was the problem.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

#2521308 - 04/03/04 01:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I agree. He should try the same dose in a better setting before he ups his dose.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

#2521309 - 04/03/04 01:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I SEE

Offlineferago2
gnubie
    #2521642 - 04/03/04 03:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Looking back on it now, I think a big part of the problem was that they took so long to kick in. My first time, I was feeling significant effects after about an hour, but this time I barely felt stoned until 3 hours and a bowl after eating. I really noticed more of an effect as I went to take my contacts out to go to sleep, and by that point I was disappointed and tired, and probably couldn't take much advantage of them. 
It's also possible I don't like the effects of mushrooms too, but I doubt it- I feel like I wasn't getting mental effects at all really... while my friend was wigging out the whole time, and he's much bigger than I am :tongue:

I guess a more quiet trip in the dark with music woudl be better, but I never really imagined this to be so... subtle.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2521695 - 04/03/04 03:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

They didn't take 3 hours to kick in, it took you three hours to realize they had kicked in. Smoking pot helps a lot, it increases the mushrooms effects quite a bit. I'm telling you though, try again in a more personal enviroment......mushrooms are anything but subtle.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleDieCommie
El Guapo
    #2522041 - 04/03/04 05:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You said they were purchased, so maybe they were dried in an oven?

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #2522119 - 04/03/04 06:12 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Did you eat them on a full stomach? That could make them take hours to come on.

Shrooms, and all psychedelics really, are so unpredictable. You can go from barely be tripping in one setting to losing touch with reality in another.

--------------------

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#2522243 - 04/03/04 06:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You aren't on an SSRI, like Prozac (Fluoxetine) or any other anti-depressants are you?  One time, I ate like 8 grams and didn't feel much at all.  At the time I was on Prozac, but about 2 weeks before, (when I hadn't been taking the Prozac for a while) I took about 3.5 grams from the same batch & tripped balls.  Needless to say, I learned my lesson. :nonono: :beer:

--------------------
Funniest shit I've read in a while:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

"He who controls the spice controls the universe!"

Offlineferago2
gnubie
Re: Second time shrooming, still no "magic" [Re: Arrakis]
    #2524843 - 04/04/04 05:16 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Nope, no SSRI, or medication of any sort, except for a vitamin C pill. The guy I bought them from knows his shit, and I would doubt they were oven dried, especially since my friend certainly had a full trip. Also, it really was that long until it kicked in, even though someone tried to tell me I was wrong :tongue: I know that until a bit after I smoked a bowl around 2:30, I had normal sized pupils, no visuals, and no different thoughts; I just felt a bit burned out. Then around 3 my pupils started to dialate and everything, but I think I was too tired and disappointed to make much of it by then.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2524999 - 04/04/04 05:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

A trip begins the second you eat mushrooms. Just because you were not seeing stuff or feeling generally fucked up, dosn't mean you were not tripping. You just didn't start to feel it until you smoked a bowl, because you don't know what it is that your trying to feel. Once again, the problem is set and setting....the shrooms he ate were obviously good.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineK20A2
Male
    #2525219 - 04/04/04 07:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've only eaten mushrooms twice, but I will definately agree upon the set and setting making all the difference. Being alone I have a much better experience. Having people around kept me to connected to this "reality".

BTW- Heres to my first post.

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
    #2528980 - 04/05/04 09:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Try a little meditation before the trip, and MUSIC! Music is essential for me. From the sounds of it, your shrooms might not have been that good. They vary in potency, and as 1.8g isn't that much, I usually trip pretty nicely on 1.8g of my usual dung/straw mushrooms. This is nothing mindblowingly intense, but my preferred dosage usually, as larger dosages are distracting and hard to handle sometimes. You will definately KNOW IT when you're tripping.

Its hard to say because I am not YOU and I am not the one who ate them, but you said
"At this point I was so tired and worn out from not expecting to really trip at all (It had been _hours_ after ingestion) that I couldn't fully appreciate it."

which sounds to me like it was very week... and then

"I was seeing all manner of strange things, patterns like fine gold filigree in the carpet, whole forest scenes in the frost on some glass, and with my eyes closed all sorts of colors and shapes. "

which sounds like a pretty good trip

I think maybe your mushrooms had either lost potency, or you just need a larger dose. Some people don't get off as easy. It doesn't take a whole lot to get me off.

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Second time shrooming, still no "magic" [Re: PsiloSteve]
    #2529311 - 04/05/04 10:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean. My first time with shrooms I ate a little less than 1/2 8th of cubes on a more or less full stomach and didn't feel much at all. After a couple of hours had passed and progresively eating more stems I decided to smoke some weed and that gave me mild visuals but little mental effect. It was pretty disapointing.

Next time I'm thinking 1/2 8th of Liberty Caps on an empty stomach and in a quieter environment. That might be the ticket for me. (Thoughts, anyone?)

You might try a stronger type of mushroom as well or increase the dose. Empty stomach should help alot too.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Second time shrooming, still no "magic" [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2529394 - 04/05/04 11:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Under half an 1/8th is a pretty small dose, I'd reccomend between 2 and 3 grams (of cubes). Other than that, read the posts I've already made in this thread, the same advice applies to you.

Quote:

You might try a stronger type of mushroom as well or increase the dose. Empty stomach should help alot too.

I stronlgy disagree.

Quote:

in a quieter environment.

I agree...although it dosn't have to actually be quiet (music is your friend). Don't have a bunch of people around though, only friends (good ones hopefully) if possible.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience