Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
What do you prefer, vendor prints or syringes?
    #25110324 -

Just curious what people prefer to use to get germination. Most people seem to use syringes, but I only grew bacteria with mine. It would seem to me that an inoculation loop and a print on agar would be more reliable, but that's not taking spore hydration into account. I also haven't seen a vendor packaged spore print before, so I don't know exactly how you would work with it. I know they come in/on foil but I don't understand how you open it and seal it. Could you accidentally contaminate the whole print by exposing it to air while you're collecting spores on the loop? That would be a pretty big knock against prints.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you prefer, vendor prints or syringes? [Re: boom boom]
    #25110375 -

You need to make a SAB to do your spore, MS syringe work in to prevent airborne contamination as much as possible, unless you're working with a flow hood. Make sure to flame sterilize you syringe before inoculation. Simply wiping with alcohol will not do the trick and can still lead to contamination. From what I can tell, you need to work on your sterile technique.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you prefer, vendor prints or syringes? [Re: Mush Hunter] * 1
    #25110709 -

Spore syringe to agar, agar to liquid culture, then inoculate with the liquid culture.. imo.

And yeah you'll need a still air box.  Just need a clear storage bin/tote thing and two holes cut in it for your arms. 

Edited by topsykretts (04/03/18 11:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you prefer, vendor prints or syringes? [Re: topsykretts]
    #25110717 -

I'm fine with either, spores are spores.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you prefer, vendor prints or syringes? [Re: nymph]
    #25110803 -

I have better success going from spore print > agar. Syringes to agar are not as promising, in my experience, however, do seem to work to get a batch started via grain jars.

For instance, right now I have a quart jar filled up 1/4 with birdseed and is almost done colonizing. I will then use that jar to G2G to other jars so that I can have a few decent size tubs. My success is really high doing it this way with a syringe, but just as high as using a print to agar.

The choice is really preference.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Are prints from contaminated shrooms clean? sean123 1,960 3 01/27/00 12:20 PM
by Anonymous
* can the spore print be contaminated ? T0aD 2,262 10 04/13/03 04:33 PM
by Nirvana
* I am scared to do a Print/syring!
( 1 2 all )
fearforce7 9,688 27 12/30/21 08:54 AM
by Forrester
* Re: Making Spore Prints from Contaminated Cakes LuciferX 2,935 2 06/28/00 03:31 AM
by hitterg
* print on foil or paper? TODAY 3,834 6 07/14/04 01:52 PM
by MikeOLogical
* Print or Syringe first time? Robbyrob 2,156 13 03/26/05 01:21 AM
by agar
* spore printing - comments please shirley knott 2,448 15 04/24/03 05:38 AM
by Mike Elium
* Prints vs Syringes which is easier
( 1 2 all )
thatbig 2,534 24 08/03/04 10:26 AM
by thatbig

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
291 topic views. 18 members, 100 guests and 190 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.