Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Nervous breakdown
    #25059881 - 03/13/18 06:39 AM (6 years, 17 days ago)

Edited by Anonymous (07/13/20 12:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSofaking420
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myco mountain
Re: Nervous breakdown [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #25059910 - 03/13/18 07:02 AM (6 years, 17 days ago)

Sometimes feelings like this come on hard and fast. Support her anyway you can, express this to her.

Possible mid life crisis ?
Maybe some other issues are going on you may not know of?

You said possible brain injury, was she in some sort of accident?

Sometimes it's hard to know better days are ahead of us.

Wish y'all the best man.

Offlinekent101
Stranger
    #25060332 - 03/13/18 11:19 AM (6 years, 17 days ago)

What's the cause? Is her workplace toxic? Are you a narcissist or cluster B personality? Is she a narcissist or cluster B personality? Does she have a disease? Did something bad happen to cause her psychological trauma?

I'd start with lots of stress relief. Increase vitamin C and melatonin. Do full body self massage every day. Try some tai chi and do breathing meditation. Make sure to have a good diet. Sleep and wake up at same time. Get a good routine going.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
    #25060337 - 03/13/18 11:22 AM (6 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
what advice do you have?

It's probably tied to something from her past which has been repressed and is now coming up to the surface.

I wish I had more advice, as I've been in your shoes, but there's not really much I can say beyond stay strong and keep calm.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Anonymous #1

Re: Nervous breakdown [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25061104 - 03/13/18 05:04 PM (6 years, 17 days ago)

Edited by Anonymous (07/13/20 12:01 PM)

Offlinekent101
Stranger
    #25061336 - 03/13/18 07:09 PM (6 years, 17 days ago)

I suffer from PTSD. It doesn't go away because it's a memory based disorder. She needs to learn coping skills and be seeing a helpful therapist. Also, a lot of stress relief things should be done every day too. My doctor recommends melatonin an hour before sleep and to use FLUX on your computer or phone to keep down the blue light. It's important for me to try and go to sleep and wake up around the same time too.

She can always take medical leave if she qualifies for it. Also, the social security department recognizes PTSD as a mental disorder. She may qualify for social security benefits and can use that and try to work part time.

Invisiblebirdeatingspider
Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

Loc: so many roads
Re: Nervous breakdown [Re: kent101]
    #25070271 - 03/17/18 07:06 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

What does her caffeine intake look like. How is her nutrition, lots of fruits and veggies? What kind of formal excessive is she getting? Does she use any supplements? Sometimes the kind/body needs to 'reset and start from basics.

I second therapy for her, but also for you. It can be quite taxing on your emotional state to be a caretaker, and it might shed some light on how you can support her. People 'going through the thick of it' aren't always the best communicators or able to express their needs effectively.

--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
    #25070587 - 03/17/18 09:56 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
@JokeshopbeardM  - how did you support your partner? If you don't mind sharing, what was the outcome?

I supported her as best I could at that time in my life. In hindsight, I could've done a better job of it, but that's just life isn't it? I'm sure you're doing the best you can. You'll need outlets to cope with this - I highly advise keeping them as clean and healthy as possible.

The outcome was that she descended deeper and deeper into alcoholism to cope, became frequently abusive and suicidal, ended up in rehab, and then eventually cut all contact with me around five months in.

I highly suggest reading a book called 'The body keeps the score' by Bessel van der Kolk - this will help a lot with understanding what she is likely going through.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder