Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr] * 1
    #24903757 -

Nice journal ullr, bacteria are hard to fight.
Love to hear you also tried tea agar.
I may used it again together with hot pour since im also fighting bacteria once again from dirty spores.

I saw resemblance to your 4th transfer before i used tagar.
Based on the 3rd to 5th plates it has bacteria hitching a ride to mycleium.

Edited by pacmanbreed (01/10/18 06:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: pacmanbreed]
    #24903810 -

Thanks, and good luck with that.
I'm now yet again fighting bacteria, now with the Ps. cyanescens spores.
As for this grow, I ended up taking my transfers from plates 1 and 2 of the 4th culture.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr]
    #24904913 -

Niice! So your tub fully colonized in about 8 days?

What was your spawn to sub ratio?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: GlobeLamp]
    #24905000 -

I was shooting for 1:1 + a top layer of sub, but it ended up being about 1:1.5 or so. I think the dunk really helped, those grains were very dry after 50+ days sitting in the jars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr]
    #24905699 -

Pinning:






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr]
    #24907558 -

Pinset update. More primordia popping out as well. Is it me or it looks a bit too dry?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr]
    #24911121 -

Fast indeed. The biggest ones here are 2 inches tall, but I'm noticing a couple of issues. Namely the fuzzy feet, and the fact that the veils are tearing already on some, while the caps look quite underdeveloped. I did a search and couldn't come up with a clear answer, some say it may be FAE, some say humidity, some say genetics.
Any ideas on what I can do now to prevent more veils from opening prematurely, or what to do better for the next flush?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr] * 1
    #24911141 -

I had the same issue (caps opening early)...turned out to just be genetics in my case.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: shade12435]
    #24911245 -

shade12435 said:
I had the same issue (caps opening early)...turned out to just be genetics in my case.



Maybe. I've turned the lid a bit more to increase FAE, just to see if there's any improvement. Given the fuzzy feet, and the fact that the sub seems pretty heavy, if there's an issue beyond genetics it must be FAE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr]
    #24913689 -

Today I picked up my first shrooms. Tiny, but better than nothing I guess.
The rest of open caps will be picked tonight, I wouldn't want to wake up to a mess of spores.



I've also spawned a second shoebox from three fully colonized jars. No liner this time, just to see how it goes. The remaining jars are pretty even, I'll spawn those to a full-sized monotub.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr] * 1
    #24913694 -

Liners < proper moisture content of substrate & correct surface conditions.


--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: hamloaf]
    #24914105 -

Reason why I want to see what happens without one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr]
    #24915326 -

Harvested the second stage of the first flush. There are still some slower ones that should be ready tomorrow.


The "big" ones:


The tiny ones:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr]
    #24917615 -

Well done sir !

They are flushing quite fast.
How long did it take for pinning to commence? (Prior to the first flush)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: GlobeLamp]
    #24917897 -

8 days from spawning to primordia, 9 days to clearly formed pins, 12 to first developed fruits.

I just picked the late shrooms and dunked the sub. Now to wait for the second flush.

Total first flush yield was 12 grams dry, so it was pretty low.

Edited by Ullr (01/16/18 10:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr] * 1
    #24919541 -

Sweet congrat!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: MushNoob589]
    #24922835 -

The first shoebox started smelling somewhat moldy, so I've put it aside just in case. No visible mold, and I'm not noticing the smell today, so maybe it will still give a second flush.

The second shoebox is colonizing just fine:


And I decided to spawn the remaining jars to more shoeboxes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr]
    #24934224 -

The second shoebox (middle) is knotting now, while two of the later ones are almost there. The left one I packed down a bit, and it seems to be getting a more even colonization. Experimenting a bit.



This smaller one was spawned from three jars that never made it to 100%, and stalled at maybe 95%. The top grains were rock dry. I shook those uncolonized grains loose, tossed them, and dunked and spawned the rest separated, just in case some uncolonized grains made it to the sub or contaminants were present.

There's aereal mycelium and slower surface colonization, but the top layer was thickish so not sure if it may be bacterial or not.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: Ullr] * 1
    #24934785 -

Coming right along! Can't wait to see your pins!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cold weather P. cubensis cultivation [Re: MushNoob589] * 1
    #24939134 -

beautiful! nothing like picking shrooms after months of hard work.

although I think you might obtain larger fruits with thicker substrate. genetics play a huge role but thicker substrates are able to give out some larger fruits.

I had several 450ml plastic jars with millet substrate, they were so stubborn not to fruit. in the end i chucked all of them into a small black trash bag. in the end it gave me 6 large fruits (30-50 grams each shroom) along with other smaller ones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* harvesting? b_phil 1,364 5 09/28/02 12:39 AM
by pleezr
* between flushes pleezr 2,072 13 07/20/02 09:20 AM
by pleezr
* Harvest yet? Help! Perseus 1,062 2 10/21/02 02:53 PM
by Perseus
* Re: Nice Pics of fifth flush:)
( 1 2 all )
bluhoney 4,394 27 04/03/01 05:34 PM
by bluhoney
* Post deleted by users_request McMan 2,150 18 08/01/01 06:51 PM
by ralphster44
* NOT MINE!!!!! CUBENSIS PIKS ALDER_057 4,545 16 05/26/01 05:04 PM
by lizzardking
* What strain of Cubensis has the highest yield?
( 1 2 all )
GrimReefer 62,458 30 07/28/02 11:03 AM
by SixTango
* ~Shrooms4life's Grow log/ grow along/ Kick back thread~
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Shrooms4life 25,572 131 07/07/21 02:29 PM
by pikeshroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
7,928 topic views. 12 members, 129 guests and 144 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.