Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Virginia shrooms?
    #24750276 -

Hey dudes, I wanted to ask if it's still shroom season here in virginia?  I heard about liberty caps around the fall, and I live next to a cow field. It rained Sunday and it's been in the 60s (I know Lib caps like 50s)  just curious, how rare would seeing liberty caps be? Also, while I'm at it, how rare are cubes in VA? The forum kinda lacks VA info.

Thanks bros, appreciate it.


--------------------
Some of my favorite quotes:
"Happy the man who improves other people not merely when he is in their presence but when he is in their thoughts" -Seneca
"Intelligence tells you how to rule the world, wisdom tells you how to keep the world"
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving"
 



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Virginia shrooms? [Re: StonedTurtle]
    #24750300 -

You should go outside, find them and then come back to tell us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Virginia shrooms? [Re: Byrain]
    #24750329 -

Just don't eat any until you report back, if you report back...


--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace"



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Virginia shrooms? [Re: RandomDigits]
    #24750352 -

It's always shroom season in VA, as far as the psychedelic veriety, good luck. I've only found that veriety growing indoors. Probably because I don't go out my way looking for them either.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Virginia shrooms? [Re: T-Funkadelic]
    #24750376 -

Cubes can be found in SE VA, where I've lived all my life and I've never came across one besides some old sub I threw out in the back yard. Libs, I've only heard stories about kids finding them in the city zoo in high school which is most likely a God damn lie.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Virginia shrooms? [Re: T-Funkadelic]
    #24750699 -

Here is a list of the active species that grow in VA
I would say ovoids are your best bet and they are a spring mushroom, they do still fruit in smaller quantities in the fall sometimes.
Like Byrain said, get out there and just look. I wouldn't set your sights on just one species.

Virginia
Gymnopilus junonius
Gymnopilus luteofolius
Gymnopilus luteus
Panaeolus cinctulus
Psilocybe caerulipes
Psilocybe cubensis (rare, only near the coast)
Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata
Psilocybe semilanceata (very rare)


--------------------

|-------------------[Ps. Azurescens]------------------------------------------[Ps. Semilanceata]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Allenii]------------------------|


|--------------[Ps. Ovoideocystidiata]------------------------------------------[Ps. Stuntzii]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Baeocystis]----------------------|

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Virginia shrooms? [Re: StonedTurtle]
    #24751148 -

Read about active gymnopilus, they should still be fruiting.


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Virginia Shrooms TheDudeAbides 6,431 4 07/24/03 08:13 AM
by Anonymous
* found shrooms shroom_hunter 5,846 2 09/17/01 09:05 PM
by pyromaniac
* found shrooms shroom_hunter 2,832 2 09/12/01 08:30 AM
by Gumby
* Ps. ovoideocystidiata found!!!!!! PICS!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Richard_D_James 26,993 80 05/27/10 08:10 AM
by 1mind1soul1love
* Re: Hunting in Virginia...whats in season? Anonymous 2,110 2 04/10/00 08:57 PM
by Anonymous
* SE UK shroom hunt - sand dune oddities - pix pluteus 4,033 8 11/04/14 09:16 AM
by Mythbuster
* shrooms i found in the forest c god damn j 1,276 2 11/29/02 05:13 PM
by Gumby
* SHROOM HUNTING IN VIRGINIA rancid17 1,092 1 10/05/03 11:16 AM
by ToxicMan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
3,867 topic views. 0 members, 14 guests and 52 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.