Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRichard_D_James
enthusiast
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: Richard_D_James]
    #4173414 - 05/14/05 01:27 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

BTW I collected that bounty. Say what you want about him, he kept his word.

Isn't there some rules about specific locations not to be posted?

I don't feel comfortable with 'small little college town' and 'small little creek' being included in this piece of reference material. (The posts by IcanPickEmInWVa) Believe me, this is very descriptive. Of course, this is up to the discretion of the moderators.

Anyone who would go picking at the small little creek in the small little college town is asking to get their ass thrown in jail.

Don't say i didnt warn ya.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: Richard_D_James]
    #4174349 - 05/14/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

P. caerulipes can be forund from Mid June through August in amand made environments in woodchips in public gardens. Very rare in wild and very rare when found in wild meaning small collections of an ouonce or two. Not abundant unless inman made environments.

Photos are here:

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/psilocybecaerulipes1.htm

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (05/14/05 11:40 AM)

Offlinegoldennic007
Balanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ideal realitY
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #11944416 - 02/01/10 08:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

this is great bc i am moving back to ohio this spring, from florida where i am now

--------------------
Amsterdam Honeymoon:rave:

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: goldennic007]
    #11944893 - 02/01/10 09:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

mj is gone took all the shrooms in ohio with him, good ridden to bad rubbish

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: trigger]
    #11945363 - 02/01/10 10:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This thread is almost five years old.

Not sure if you knew that or not.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11945410 - 02/01/10 10:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Twiztidsage said:
This thread is almost five years old.

Not sure if you knew that or not.

Almost 7 years old but it was really one of our first real glimpses at Ps. caerulipes. Turns out to be a VERY tough species to find. I thought I found them but it turned out to be Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata.

Good thread to keep around for reference. I'm surprised the pics still work! :thumbup:

Edit: I kinda wonder if these were ovoids. They grow in the exact same habitat as ovoids.

Quote:

They are found in deciduous forests near river valleys. This bit of information is important. These grow most prolifically in disturbed soils (i.e. flood plains, overflow areas). Found growing directly on decayed wood debris (most commonly on Maple and Birch species) covered by 1/4 inch of humus/soil/debris very near grasses (as you can see in the pics).

Edited by Gumby (02/01/10 11:05 PM)

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: Gumby]
    #11945501 - 02/01/10 11:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

My bad. The bumper's post just seemed pointless to the thread so I had to say something.

It's the Longhammer IPA's fault.

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Careulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #11946312 - 02/02/10 05:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ILLEGAL MUSHROOM PICKING LEADS TO ARRESTS Approximately 50 people have been arrested in connection with picking of psilocybin mushrooms near Castleman's Run Road in Brooke County near Bethany. Brooke County Sheriff Bernie Kazienko confirmed Tuesday the arrests have been made since May 1, and 30 more people face charges of picking the psilocybin mushroom.  Kazienko explained that the psilocybin mushroom, when ingested, produces a mild hallucinogenic effect or "buzz." Psilocybin mushrooms are classified as a controlled substance under the West Virginia Controlled Substance Act. "This is an annual event during the mushroom season, which is May through September," Kazienko explained. "The last couple of years, we've been watching the area, and watching which mushrooms have been picked." He said that while the arrests have been made during the initial investigation, many suspects also were charged with possession of marijuana either on their person or in vehicles.  Some individuals attempted to escape the area and were charged with fleeing from police. "We've actually come in contact with approximately 100 people, and other charges are pending on close to a total of 80 individuals," Kazienko said.  "There are also juveniles involved." He said the property is owned by Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel Corp.  and that the steel company has been cooperative. He also said he met with an environmentalist and an attorney from Wheeling-Pitt, which owns 160 acres in the area. "We took them to the scene," Kazienko said, adding that since the meeting, Wheeling-Pitt has contacted the West Virginia University Extension Office and the West Virginia Department of Natural Resources. "They wanted to see what they could do to eradicate the mushrooms," Kazienko said. He said there are other options, such as using a bulldozer to clear the area. "There will be costs for Wheeling-Pitt associated with that," Kazienko said. Wheeling-Pitt has since hired security personnel to patrol the area.  Bethany College security also is involved in the patrolling. "We're going to have people indicted by the grand jury on June 3 in connection with the mushroom incidents," Kazienko said.  "Some have been arrested for possession with intent to deliver the mushrooms and others for possession with intent to deliver marijuana." Brooke County Sheriff's Deputy Steve Seminsky also has been working on the investigation and confirmed more warrants will be issued.  He said some plain clothes officers also have been on patrol. "We're learning this has been going on for several years," Seminsky said.  "We've found people out there from the break of day to late evenings, just after dark." Seminsky said, explaining that none of those arrested had to be transported to the Brooke County Jail in Wellsburg, but were processed at the scene. "Our biggest concern is the safety of the individuals," Seminsky added.  "We don't want them ODing on the mushroom or taking the wrong mushroom and dying." Charges were were logged against people from Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. A person arrested for simple possession faces a misdemeanor charge and the penalties can include 90 days to six months in jail, a fine of up to $1,000, or both.  Persons also may be placed on probation for six months. Persons found in possession of the mushrooms with intent to deliver or sell face a felony charge and that carries a prison term of one to five years, a fine of up to $15,000, or both.  In addition, any property connected to the incident may be seized, pending forfeiture through the court system. 

its been 5 years, think they still patrol? even if they bulldozed it, its been 5

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Trusted Identifier
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Careulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: trigger]
    #11946321 - 02/02/10 05:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

trigger said:
He also said he met with an environmentalist and an attorney from Wheeling-Pitt, which owns 160 acres in the area. "We took them to the scene," Kazienko said, adding that since the meeting, Wheeling-Pitt has contacted the West Virginia University Extension Office and the West Virginia Department of Natural Resources. "They wanted to see what they could do to eradicate the mushrooms," Kazienko said.

Typical dumbass reaction from idiots.

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!  :onfire:

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

InvisibleHerbBaker
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: Gumby]
    #11946349 - 02/02/10 05:45 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Edit: I kinda wonder if these were ovoids. They grow in the exact same habitat as ovoids.

They are exactly Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, threads like this are one of the reasons people confuse the two so often.

Offlinegreatfulhunters
psiloseeker
Male User Gallery

Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: HerbBaker]
    #11946577 - 02/02/10 07:40 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

HerbBaker said:
Quote:

They are exactly Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, threads like this are one of the reasons people confuse the two so often.

I thought the same thing.Some of those stems look way too fat compared to most pics of Psilocybe caerulipes Ive come across.

OfflineBig_Laughing_Jim
wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: greatfulhunters]
    #11946981 - 02/02/10 10:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

having found caerulipes with brother, vjp, many times before... i can say with almost 100% certainty that these are NOT them

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: Big_Laughing_Jim]
    #11948547 - 02/02/10 03:37 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ovoids forsure, just remember 7 years ago there were no ovoids, only caerulipes, (referring to the name only)

edit, just my educated guess, if mr, mushrooms did microcopy and these are caerulipes, i would am wrong.

--------------------

Edited by trigger (02/02/10 09:39 PM)

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: trigger]
    #11948849 - 02/02/10 04:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure where you guys got your info, but Mr.Mushrooms verified these as caerulipes via microscopy some years ago to my knowledge. I haven't been into identifying as much lately, is there something I'm missing?

OfflinepsychedelicSLUG
ovoideocystidiata protector
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: Effed]
    #11949417 - 02/02/10 05:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Effed said:
I'm not sure where you guys got your info, but Mr.Mushrooms verified these as caerulipes via microscopy some years ago to my knowledge. I haven't been into identifying as much lately, is there something I'm missing?

I suppose alot of old P. careulipes have recently been identified as Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata.:shrug:

--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #11950946 - 02/02/10 08:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The shape and size of the spores and cystidia of the two species in question are very different and it would be hard to confuse the two when looking at the micro characters, can you link us to Mr. Mushrooms identification of these specimens?

Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata spores at 400x magnification, scale divisions=2.5µm.

--------------------

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: inski]
    #11954030 - 02/03/10 12:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

I don't suppose it will be long, he'll chime in, just have to say the magic words Mr. Mushrooms. :smile:
It was a long time ago and I could very well be wrong. We shall see! :smile:

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #11955368 - 02/03/10 03:37 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I haven't been into identifying as much lately, is there something I'm missing?

The annulus in the pics in the original post.

They are also a bit large for caerulipes, and the shape of the cap and location where they were found is much more in line with P. ovoideocystidiata.

OfflinepsychedelicSLUG
ovoideocystidiata protector
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #11955640 - 02/03/10 04:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

I haven't been into identifying as much lately, is there something I'm missing?

The annulus in the pics in the original post.

They are also a bit large for caerulipes, and the shape of the cap and location where they were found is much more in line with P. ovoideocystidiata.

Yea they look identical to ones I have collected.

--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Extremely Rare Ps. Caerulipes found!!!!!! PICS! [Re: inski]
    #11962670 - 02/04/10 03:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

inski said:
The shape and size of the spores and cystidia of the two species in question are very different and it would be hard to confuse the two when looking at the micro characters, can you link us to Mr. Mushrooms identification of these specimens?

Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata spores at 400x magnification, scale divisions=2.5µm.

Your spores look quite different from the ones of my suspected ovoids.  My pics aren't nearly as clear or nice as yours(what gear did you use to take those pics, BTW?), but here they are:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract