Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Dung/Compost...
    #2474751 -

Just picked up a 40lb bag of organic cow manure compost...$2.99! Very exciting to start useing it asap!  :smile:


--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2474796 -

Post a Grow Log!! We all would like to watch right along with you!! :thumbup:


--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: wicish1]
    #2474807 -

maybe if you pick which you want:

Thai Lipa yai
Blue meanies
Mexi-cub
cambodians
:grin: :thumbup:


--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2474820 -

Thai Lipa yai!!:thumbup: I would love to see the sister of my favorite, Koh Samui T3!


--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: wicish1]
    #2474872 -

good choice...2 quarts LY are ready to be put in a whole lot of shit/straw tomm....

when some results are in i expect some feedback for letting you choose!

Also can an admin move this to grow log cause its gonna be jus that starting in a day....post some pics up tomm as well.


--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2474889 -

dobinky said:
when some results are in i expect some feedback for letting you choose!



Feedback in the form of "5 Shrooms for You" no doubt!! :mushroom2:


--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2474964 -

I just cant ignore the fact that you let "me' choose your next strain!!  So here's  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:!

Good luck on your grow!! :thumbup:


--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: wicish1]
    #2474981 -

ah no prob...its easier on my friend...he just couldnt choose lol...he forsee's some huge results...

this is for you all!


--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2475000 -

Huge is good!! At least thats what my old lady says!! :lol:



--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: wicish1]
    #2475051 -

not so good when she wont give BJ's cause of being to huge  :blush: :yawn: :crazy:


--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2475071 -

:lol: :nut:


--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2475824 -

Have you used this before? I have the same stuff and was wondering if it is any good ?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2475896 -

Where'd you get the dung?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: xwave3000]
    #2476063 -

a small local greenhouse/gardening place. Just look for the family run small buisness's...most of them have it in now...

No my friend has not used it before but watch this thread as it will be updated often with updates!


--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2476194 -

cause 40lb for $3 is much better then the 30lb of worm castings for $30 that my friend was gonna get.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2476212 -

I'm excited allready!!!

Good luck,Dobinky!
:thumbup: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2478228 -

A update...
The trays going into the oven...

Then they are going in here

and mixed with


A layer of poo, spawn, straw, spawn, poo/straw mix then some more poo and lil but more straw and a thin layer of poo to cover the straw was added. All in all it went up just under 3/4th that tuppeware. colonization pics will be added in a couple days.


--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2478685 -

I assume the compost was pasteurized in the oven...

Is that necessary?


--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: daywalker]
    #2478893 -

it went in at 185f for 2.5hours... the straw was lightly boild for 45min.

This is nessecary. Read up on it in the bulk teks and what not.


--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dung/Compost... [Re: dobinky]
    #2478984 -

Cool. I understand the need to pasteurize dung only, but since you used an "organic cow manure compost", it threw me off as I thought that composting provided an ideal environment selective to mushrooms and didn't need that step.

I will have to check my local nurseries. I am sure they have the compost in by now.

Good luck.


--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* casing with dung compost strang 1,235 4 05/31/02 04:34 AM
by optikal_trip
* dr. bluethumb's dung compost cheesyincident 1,139 5 01/31/02 07:51 PM
by jag192
* Alright...dung compost in bag comes with mycelium? farenheight101 863 2 11/11/02 09:50 PM
by farenheight101
* dung/compost - can i innoculate with spores? felixhigh 827 1 03/10/02 10:59 PM
by Anonymous
* How long is a dung/compost viable Ono_Nadagin 674 1 01/06/04 02:43 PM
by Starter
* hay, dung, compost casing Sampson 792 2 05/13/01 08:59 AM
by Hippie3
* Dung Compost bigj2 791 4 03/27/03 02:47 PM
by psilocybinjunkie
* Peat Moss Vs. Dung Compost for 50/50 tek PoppaWoody 1,039 1 09/07/01 03:59 PM
by Billyblastoff

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,306 topic views. 10 members, 577 guests and 261 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.