Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
my air pump is to loud? any suggestions?
    #2464488 -

I have the "set up" in mine and my wife's bedroom. We are hiding this from our son, I want the set up autamated so I dont have to fan it, does anyone have any suggestions on how to quiete it down? the only thing I could think of is to put a fish tank or something in that room to cover up the sound

any advice will help!
thx all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my air pump is to loud? any suggestions? [Re: CocaColaClassic]
    #2464534 -

wrap it in polyfill? put it in a box that can get fresh air still...


--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my air pump is to loud? any suggestions? [Re: CocaColaClassic]
    #2464581 -

I will try that, im still wide open to suggestions so feel free peep's

and thx for the quick reply dobinky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my air pump is to loud? any suggestions? [Re: CocaColaClassic]
    #2464595 -

When I was using a pump, it was a bit loud. what I did was to put some weight on the pump - wrapped the pump in a dish towel (not completely, like a pig-in-the-blanket type of thing), then sat a weight from my barbell set on it. that muffled the sound to a bearable level.


--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my air pump is to loud? any suggestions? [Re: daywalker]
    #2464624 -

It seems like im going to have to try something to the effect of both of those ideas, only if I had a sound proof casing for the pump

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my air pump is to loud? any suggestions? [Re: CocaColaClassic]
    #2464747 -

if anyone elce has ideas feel free to add them :smile: thx all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my air pump is to loud? any suggestions? [Re: CocaColaClassic]
    #2464765 -

My hippie friend uses something like this, muffles the noise pretty good!







:smile: :gd_icon:


--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....



"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my air pump is to loud? any suggestions? [Re: CocaColaClassic]
    #2464770 -

Yeah, Ive used a small container, filled it with polyfill and then set the pump in there. Make sure there is enough holes for air to get in though. Also, it got kind of hot in there, so watch that too :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my air pump is to loud? any suggestions? [Re: angryshroom]
    #2464836 -

should I wrap the pump in polyfill or just put it under the pump? or what hehe. I have noticed with past setup's that my air pump has gotten quite hot alone I hope it woulnt be enough to start polyfill on fire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my air pump is to loud? any suggestions? [Re: CocaColaClassic]
    #2464868 -

This is what I have.
I have the pump inside of a box that allows about an inch of room all of the way around it.
The tubes and the cord go through holes on either end that are about an inch in diameter.
That box is inside of the box that you see in this pick and is surrounded by polyfil.
The hole that the cord goes through is about an inch in diameter as well and the tubes are put through holes just big enough for them to fit through.


It works real good and can barely be heard at all.


--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my air pump is to loud? any suggestions? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2464945 -

Thx everyone for everything.. the pic's really helped to get a feel for what I should do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Heater w/o pump in TinT?? DubiousDuo 1,512 13 11/20/04 01:50 AM
by AnonymousNewbie
* air pump sporeman_1 324 1 02/20/05 04:51 PM
by DiMiTriSouljah
* *deleted* a3d0a3m 705 5 11/11/01 04:27 PM
by Deviant
* Urgent Air pump question
( 1 2 all )
Clozedeyez20 1,968 21 03/17/05 01:38 PM
by dr0mni
* how does an aquarium air pump work? *DELETED* peetee32 3,352 9 08/07/03 07:23 PM
by peetee32
* Simple q - air pumps *DELETED* Adden 726 10 12/05/04 11:43 PM
by IGnosticAbhorI
* air pump too loud, help TRS 836 14 10/23/03 12:18 PM
by ManureMaster
* Need to make an air pump filter... kronnyQ 1,590 15 06/27/26 09:57 AM
by The Tao

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774 topic views. 10 members, 47 guests and 115 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.