Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepeetee32
how does an aquarium air pump work? *DELETED*
    #1787579 - 08/07/03 06:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by peetee32

Reason for deletion: none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
Re: how does an aquarium air pump work? [Re: peetee32]
    #1787632 - 08/07/03 07:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I opened my air pump up in hopes that I could somehow reverse the flow so someone could drop a tube into the terrarium to suck the CO2 out of the bottom and pull fresh air from the top through polyfill. I wish I took pics, but it looked to be a one-way rubber valve the was pushed in and out. The only way to reverse it was to make a new fitting for the intake tube, but I don't have the means to do that.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: how does an aquarium air pump work? [Re: peetee32]
    #1787644 - 08/07/03 07:33 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You could use a Tyvek filter to filter the intake air if you want. Just make sure the surface area is enough to allow for enough air flow.

Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Loc: Shithole, USA
Re: how does an aquarium air pump work? [Re: houshroom]
    #1787711 - 08/07/03 08:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

houshroom said:
I opened my air pump up in hopes that I could somehow reverse the flow so someone could drop a tube into the terrarium to suck the CO2 out of the bottom and pull fresh air from the top through polyfill. I wish I took pics, but it looked to be a one-way rubber valve the was pushed in and out. The only way to reverse it was to make a new fitting for the intake tube, but I don't have the means to do that.

If you wanted to try it you could seal the pump itself in a small tupperware container. Run tubing to the tupperware box from the terrarium. Run the hose from the pump to the outside of the tupperware container. A glue gun will come in handy to seal around the hoses and power cord from the pump. Heres a pic to sort of show you what I mean.

--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: how does an aquarium air pump work? [Re: wicish1]
    #1787726 - 08/07/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You would need a couple of valves to make that work, and a pretty powerful air pump...

Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Re: how does an aquarium air pump work? [Re: OJK]
    #1787733 - 08/07/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Odiumjunkie said:
You would need a couple of valves to make that work, and a pretty powerful air pump...

Why do you say that? All your doing is enclosing the pump so it has to get its air from the tube coming from the terrarium!

--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #1787738 - 08/07/03 08:44 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ah I see, you're right, sorry, I misinterpretated your diagram... it's not a bad idea, not bad at all :grin:

Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
    #1787740 - 08/07/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like a plan, but I'd rather use silicone caulk than glue, I guess thats just preference.  Thanks for the diagram :wink: 

Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Re: how does an aquarium air pump work? [Re: houshroom]
    #1787785 - 08/07/03 09:18 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, silicone sounds better! Didn't even think of that.

--------------------

Offlinepeetee32
    #1789838 - 08/07/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wicish1 said:
Quote:

houshroom said:

If you wanted to try it you could seal the pump itself in a small tupperware container. Run tubing to the tupperware box from the terrarium. Run the hose from the pump to the outside of the tupperware container. A glue gun will come in handy to seal around the hoses and power cord from the pump. Heres a pic to sort of show you what I mean.

well, i did the same thing, i unscrewed the bottom of my air pump to see how the thing actually works...its like one of those old skool bike pumps, on the up stroke the thing sucks air in through somewhere, and on the down stroke it forces the air out.

i lit a cigar and let the smoke float by my pump, and i could see it enters the valve from the same hole that the exhaust tube is connected to, but on the outside of the exhaust tube. the motor moves a small rubber diaphram in and out, and there must be a one way valve inside the diaphram that forces air out of the tube.

wicish1, you posted that diagram of the air pump sucking stale air out...thats not a bad idea. i think if i put 2 air pumps inside of a tupperware, sealed everything up, and had PVC tubes stuffed with polyfil attached to my grow chamber, id have a pretty sweet air exchange system. i think ill build it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder