Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Anyone experienced with cast iron skillets? [Re: PDU]
    #20003142 -

Its to clean without scrubbing it. If you scrub it you can remove the seasoning.


--------------------
Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
Thomas Jefferson

Not My trade list i aint got shit anymore
:drunkdriver:http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19161913:drunkdriver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone experienced with cast iron skillets? [Re: brianstequila]
    #20003551 -

FYI - if you season your cast iron pan the way outlined in the link that I (and acidic sloth, i think) provided - you will not remove any seasoning by scrubbing, soaking, or using soap.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone experienced with cast iron skillets? [Re: PDU]
    #20003881 -

PDU said:
FYI - if you season your cast iron pan the way outlined in the link that I (and acidic sloth, i think) provided - you will not remove any seasoning by scrubbing, soaking, or using soap.



this.


--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.


:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone experienced with cast iron skillets? [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #20004057 -

I don't use the oven method of seasoning. A stove top works for me just put it on high heat with the oil of your choice heat till smoking hot  wipe with a paper towel. If you want a specific flavor like say cajun or lemon pepper just add it in when cooking the oil. As far as cleaning pour a bunch of salt in it and scour with a clean dry rag. If you wanna get good cast you gotta hit flea markets and garage sales. The new store bought cast is pretty much crap.


--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone experienced with cast iron skillets? [Re: LordHuron]
    #20004070 -

LordHuron said:
Olive oil just load that shit up in the pan on the stove top heat that oil up until it is close to smoking... dont light your damn stove on fire! FACT hot oil sucks when you spill it so DONT, FACT oil fires suck trust me dont put water on them if you start one. keep it heated for like 10 minutes or so, drain out the oil and DO NOT WASH YOUR PAN WITH SOAP. if you wipe that pan out with a damp cloth that is good enough, if there is no food particles on there you will get no bacteria.

That is a quick way. The slow way is to just use it and make sure when you put food in, the oil is nice and hot. again do not ever EVER wash it with soap... if you do I will know and you will get a slap.

The more you use it the better it gets. mine is now 19 years with no soap and it is a beauty I just pan fried haloomee cheese in there with no oil and it didnt stick... pro.

enjoy, cast irons are wicked.

Another point of interest, the pan will get hella hot, legit, so keep the element on a slightly lower temp than you normally would



:whathesaid: I missed this the first time around Never ever use soap on cast.


--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone experienced with cast iron skillets? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #24556072 -

LunarEclipse said:
I love my cast iron skillets for use on the Weber grill.  They work super great and I use two of them sometimes one 9" and one 6" and they fit on a medium size grill.  Then have a stainless round piece with a handle for covering it up that will take the grill heat as well.

I always use olive oil in it and it seems to leave a nice coating.  But they have been used a while too...



Can't not to bump this old topic because this method of cooking sounds really cool, thanks for the idea! :smile: I want to try it too but which certain type of skillets do you use? Personally I prefer the teflon ones but would be ok for cooking on grill? :confused:

On topic, I like also the electric type of skillets like in this list on cozzy for example, personally I have such Cuisinart in addition to my teflon ones and it's really nice :smile:



But it's not much better than my old ones, I mean that electric skillets differ only in the method of cooking :grin:


--------------------
The blood in me gives me eyes to see (c)

Edited by MotifSky (08/15/17 03:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone experienced with cast iron skillets? [Re: MotifSky] * 1
    #24556737 -

MotifSky said:
Can't not to bump this old topic because this method of cooking sounds really cool, thanks for the idea! :smile: I want to try it too but which certain type of skillets do you use? Personally I prefer the teflon ones but would be ok for cooking on grill? :confused:




Teflon absolutely cannot be used on a grill. Only cast iron.


--------------------
Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone experienced with cast iron skillets? [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #24569191 -

36fuckin5 said:
MotifSky said:
Can't not to bump this old topic because this method of cooking sounds really cool, thanks for the idea! :smile: I want to try it too but which certain type of skillets do you use? Personally I prefer the teflon ones but would be ok for cooking on grill? :confused:




Teflon absolutely cannot be used on a grill. Only cast iron.



Stainless steel can also be used on a grill, but yeah.. never used Teflon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone experienced with cast iron skillets? [Re: FlusH]
    #24572668 -

FlusH said:
36fuckin5 said:
MotifSky said:
Can't not to bump this old topic because this method of cooking sounds really cool, thanks for the idea! :smile: I want to try it too but which certain type of skillets do you use? Personally I prefer the teflon ones but would be ok for cooking on grill? :confused:




Teflon absolutely cannot be used on a grill. Only cast iron.



Stainless steel can also be used on a grill, but yeah.. never used Teflon



You can use stainless if you don't mind your pans warping. Really, only cast iron should be used over a grill.


--------------------
Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anyone cook with Lodge Cast Iron Brainiac 1,017 6 05/25/06 09:33 AM
by soochi
* Anybody have any good cajun style recipes? lukeboots 1,249 6 03/10/06 11:55 AM
by lukeboots
* haubanaro recipes? ZackWyldeFan 795 2 12/11/06 06:20 PM
by PitcherCrab
* kitchenware?
( 1 2 all )
phalloidin 2,014 21 06/18/06 10:07 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* My Spaghetti. ***Updated*** GabbaDj 1,297 9 11/06/05 03:03 AM
by Fungi_x
* Fajitas for dinner agar 1,556 5 03/10/07 05:01 PM
by Schwip
* Any Burger better than Fuddruckers? mojuice 1,667 4 12/13/03 06:45 PM
by GabbaDj
* Shroomery Federation of Foodies
( 1 2 3 all )
daimyo 3,758 40 03/22/06 08:18 PM
by GabbaDj

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, geokills, feevers
4,111 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.