Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: Nifflerz]
    #24552555 -

Every time I have tried to sleep in my ENO I have frozen my ass off. It's pretty comfy though besides that. Last time was in the summer and I think it got down to 68 or somewhere around there at night and I woke up cold AF.


--------------------

My Wish & Trade list

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: lillFish]
    #24552828 -

They don't make shit like this for no reason. But yeah, that's why I warned OP about it and told to bring a pad.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: Shroomism]
    #24553358 -

Yeah, I haven't purchased one. Kinda pricy, but would be worth it if you used it a lot year round. I can nap hard in my hammock on a hot summer day though.


--------------------

My Wish & Trade list

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #24553679 -

Hammocks are total nardog


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #24553829 -

Me an' the wife use our eno hammocks almost as much as our mattress. The mosquito net is totally worth it for beach camping. Our favorite spot is False Cape St. Park where you get 2 camp sites for the price of one; one on the beach and another 100 yds away in the woods. Since sleeping on sand is actually brutal on your back and there's a 6 mile bike ride to the sites, we always take the hammocks instead of a tent. The mosquitoes there are unlike anything I've seen anywhere else. The netting is awesome but ONLY if you set it up properly so that it doesn't get pulled down right over your face when you put weight on the hammock. It can get claustrophobic real quick. You also can't let any bugs in while setting it up.

The rain-fly is a different story, and maybe they've gotten bigger in the years since I bought mine, but they're pretty much the same length as the hammock itself. The width is fine. This means that unless the rain is coming down perfectly straight at a light drizzle, your head or feet are gonna get wet.

I've fashioned the ultimate hammock rain-fly from my old, decommissioned Eureka! tent; wife uses a regular camo tarp.

Have fun checking out the moon shadow! I'm gonna have to pass on the 7 hour drive to S. Carolina. My buddy's got a camp site reserved down there but with my luck, I'd bring the rain fo' sho'.


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #24554767 -

I bought a bug net today and some quick start fire sticks.
Will get the tarp and sleeping bag within next two days.

So what other items do I need for multi-day hammock camping?  I assume some kind of water-proof bag to hold essentials in?  Obviously food and water is a given.  Change of clothes.  Drugs.

I don't think I've ever camped out multiple days in a row before.  :laugh:


ps - I layed in my hammock for the first time yesterday.  I instantly fell in love with it.  I've never experienced this kind of hammock before.  It's so cozy and I feel like I'm back in the womb, looking out through the vagina with that long and thin view. 

I felt like I could have fallen asleep in it if I wanted pretty easily, just didn't want to fall asleep with me contacts in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #24554784 -

JonBongGroovy said:
Hammocks are total nardog




Bruh, what does "nardog" mean?  It's not even in the Urban Dictionary!  You could make the first official definition of it if you wanted.  Would be kinda cool to tell people in the future.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nardog

Edited by lifeiswhatyoumake (08/15/17 12:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: Brewmaster]
    #24554792 -

Brewmaster said:
Me an' the wife use our eno hammocks almost as much as our mattress. The mosquito net is totally worth it for beach camping. Our favorite spot is False Cape St. Park where you get 2 camp sites for the price of one; one on the beach and another 100 yds away in the woods. Since sleeping on sand is actually brutal on your back and there's a 6 mile bike ride to the sites, we always take the hammocks instead of a tent. The mosquitoes there are unlike anything I've seen anywhere else. The netting is awesome but ONLY if you set it up properly so that it doesn't get pulled down right over your face when you put weight on the hammock. It can get claustrophobic real quick. You also can't let any bugs in while setting it up.

The rain-fly is a different story, and maybe they've gotten bigger in the years since I bought mine, but they're pretty much the same length as the hammock itself. The width is fine. This means that unless the rain is coming down perfectly straight at a light drizzle, your head or feet are gonna get wet.

I've fashioned the ultimate hammock rain-fly from my old, decommissioned Eureka! tent; wife uses a regular camo tarp.

Have fun checking out the moon shadow! I'm gonna have to pass on the 7 hour drive to S. Carolina. My buddy's got a camp site reserved down there but with my luck, I'd bring the rain fo' sho'.



That's awesome!  Two for one is always nice, unless it's STDs.
I haven't tried sleeping on sand, but I'll be sure not to try it if I don't have to.
I will make sure I get the bugnet set up correctly at home before venturing out in the wild west (mountainous western NC).

I saw that there's an ENO ProFly and ProFly XL tarp.  Do you think the XL ProFly is big enough?  It looks pretty big to me.

I hope the sky isn't super cloudy Monday, that would be a slight bummer.   

Make sure you take a pee before you get to SC, that way you don't add to the rain (if it comes and if you go)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: lillFish]
    #24554866 -

lillFish said:
Every time I have tried to sleep in my ENO I have frozen my ass off. It's pretty comfy though besides that. Last time was in the summer and I think it got down to 68 or somewhere around there at night and I woke up cold AF.



68 and you froze your ass off? Where do you live? Florida?

And are you using a pad in your hammock?


--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:whathesaid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #24554922 -

lifeiswhatyoumake said:
JonBongGroovy said:
Hammocks are total nardog




Bruh, what does "nardog" mean?  It's not even in the Urban Dictionary!  You could make the first official definition of it if you wanted.  Would be kinda cool to tell people in the future.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nardog




Forgot the G,  but yeah GnarDog someone who is Gnarly and your friend, or just something that can make you cool.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #24554958 -

Have rain gear. Might rain.

And if theres a water source, bring a portable stove or those water-cleaning tablets to purify a local water source.

Lots of dried foods also. And as much clean water as u can carry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #24554974 -

Camera, pack of cards, first aid kit if you've got the room, backup battery if you reckon you'll need it, spare length of rope if you've got it, lighter, sunscreen, cutlery, knife, mug. All that shit you can easily fit into or hang off a backpack.

Some of it seems obvious, but I went out last week loaded up with snags, eggs and rolls for breaky and dinner, only to realize 2 hrs from home I hadn't packed a pan to cook anything in.

This trip you'll probably have a bunch of eureka moments for shit you wish you'd brought or could bring next time, which means next time will be even more awesome :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: nuds] * 1
    #24555535 -

Even after a short while in a hammock my lower back is killing me. I am a side sleeper anyway

I would bring a tent :thumbup:


--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #24555988 -

lifeiswhatyoumake said:
JonBongGroovy said:
Hammocks are total nardog




Bruh, what does "nardog" mean?  It's not even in the Urban Dictionary!  You could make the first official definition of it if you wanted.  Would be kinda cool to tell people in the future.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nardog




They said they are adding it......


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Using a hammock to sleep in for multiple nights in a row outside whilst camping [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #24556053 -



--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:whathesaid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* This is bullshit, 5 hours of sleep freddurgan 1,291 10 08/04/06 01:40 PM
by mntlfngrs
* Night Terrors
( 1 2 all )
mikeyboy 2,183 22 08/04/05 06:07 PM
by I2ancid
* Whos up, late night(early mornin whatever) roll call!
( 1 2 all )
sui 3,739 25 12/24/04 12:27 PM
by joe666
* Sleep Paralysis
( 1 2 all )
IrishNation 3,557 22 03/17/05 08:44 PM
by ToTheSummit
* How many of hours of sleep do you get a night
( 1 2 all )
Noetical 3,002 36 06/28/05 09:20 PM
by Skunk420
* How do you sleep?
( 1 2 all )
Shroom_Herder 2,646 26 11/28/04 04:43 PM
by LthirdSeyeD
* Night Bike rides DannyT 1,283 12 07/09/06 01:31 AM
by Hyper_Panda_GO
* Sleep Cycles Jenny 1,951 8 11/18/02 09:54 PM
by danlennon3

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,007 topic views. 2 members, 24 guests and 115 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.