Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24283590 -

Sheekle said:
sh4d0ws said:
We could also attempt to neuter Sheekle's out of existence, Im sure a ton of people would be on board. Plus, theres lots of other humans in the world.

Just making a point...



If I went around brutally attacking innocent people then sure I wouldn't see the problem with being unable to reproduce.



Sheekle is a eugenicist


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle] * 3
    #24283625 -

Sheekle said:
german shepards are shitty dogs too.



You just sound like a shitty dog owner.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: ChameleonTruffle]
    #24283736 -

ChameleonTruffle said:
Humans should be able to know how to defend themselves from dogs. I swear, if my sweet girl ever turned on me, there's hell to pay. Don't allow ANY dog to bite.



A large dog can easily kill an unarmed human, theres virtually no chance

Thinking about grown men too, let alone old ladies and children

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24283801 -

Sheekle said:
all the more reason to nueter all of them



That seems aggressive, you need neutered.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #24283990 -

I think it's more the owners and the type of people who want a mean dog. 

A friend of mine has had nothing but rescue pits and they have all been nothing but lovers. 

But more often i see want a be gangsters who dont train or know how to train their animals. As dogs need structure in their pack as will as exercise.  Leaving your dog chained up in the yard weeks on end is asking for trouble when it breaks its chain and decides to roam for some action.

A surprisingly large amount of people have no idea how dogs behave. 

I have to yell at people all the time who think letting their dog ru n off leash at myself and my 3 big sight hounds is a good idea. Anything that is small and furry that runs away triggers their prey drive.

Not all dogs are friendly, i would never let my dogs run up and accost another dog or person. But then again i try to be considerate of others not just my own silly ignorant desires.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #24283994 -

You're not allowed to have Pit Bulls at my apartment complex.


--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Boomer The Great]
    #24284002 -

Boomer The Great said:
Sheekle said:
german shepards are shitty dogs too.



You just sound like a shitty dog owner.



Nah. We would treat Rozwell right, be nice to him, give him food and treats, play with him, encourage him to be nice to people, and shame him when he was mean to people. We got him when he was like less than 2 so whatever his old owner could have done to make him be an asshole for the rest of his life must have been really bad, or maybe german shepards are just kind of aggressive  assholes by nature. I like to think the entire lifetime he had with our loving supporting family after the age of 2 would show whatever his true colors are, and that those true colors happen to be that of a stereotypically aggressive german shepard


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24284135 -

I got a dog when he was about a year old, his old owners were idiots and assholes. He would growl and snap and easily become anxious, absolutely terrified of loud noises, he will shake and whine if it rains real hard because he thinks thunder is coming. Based on his behavior I think his owners weren't just ignorant on how to raise a dog but also abuse.

We slowly worked him out of growling when you came close if he was laying down and he accepts cuddles now but he still gets easily on edge if other dogs aren't acting right.

That would be the same dog that bit me in the face. And I recognize that was more my fault than the dogs. I was harassing him as he was laying down because he was growling at our old lay (who was unsteady on his feet and made the other dog nervous that he might fall on him) and I had my face close to his scolding him. He gave me warning growls and my dumbass didn't back off.

Fortunately people can learn to.
By choice I won't ever get a dog that isn't a puppy, an little puppy, so that I can see they are raised right at that crucial point in their lives.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24284146 -

I'm never getting another pet or having children of my own, so this way I never have to be all that responsible for them. I can just play with my my friends nd families pets nd kids nd let them do the litterbox cleaning and diaper changing


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24284294 -

Jesus that post was a grammatical mess.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Crystal G] * 2
    #24284376 -

Crystal G said:
Quote:
A five-year review of dog-bite injuries from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, published in 2009 in the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, found that almost 51 percent of the attacks were from pit bulls, almost 9 percent were from Rottweilers and 6 percent were from mixes of those two breeds.

In other words, a whopping two-thirds of the hospital's dog-attack injuries involved just two breeds, pit bulls and Rottweilers.

Other studies confirm these statistics: A 15-year study published in 2009 in the American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology revealed that pit bulls, Rottweilers and German shepherds were responsible for the majority of fatal dog attacks in the state of Kentucky. [See What Your Dog's Breed Says About You]

And a 2011 study from the Annals of Surgery revealed that "attacks by pit bulls are associated with higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges and a higher risk of death than are attacks by other breeds of dogs."

The authors of that 2011 study go on to say, "Strict regulation of pit bulls may substantially reduces the U.S. mortality rates related to dog bites."

Even the U.S. Army has acknowledged that pit bulls are high-risk dogs; they are therefore prohibited in some military housing units.

Pit bulls join several other breeds on the list of dogs that are recognized as more likely to attack and cause significant injury: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analyzed data and found the following breeds are implicated in a majority of dog-bite fatalities:

Pit bulls
Rottweilers
German shepherds
Huskies
Wolf hybrids
Malamutes
Doberman pinschers
Chow-chows
Saint Bernards
Great Danes



http://www.livescience.com/27145-are-pit-bulls-dangerous.html


It's always some douche trying to look tough that owns pit bulls.



It is really interesting to me that Chow-chows are on that list
Quote:
Most commonly kept as pets, Chow Chows tend to display discernment of strangers and can become fiercely protective of their owners and property. The American Kennel Club standards, however, consider an all-too aggressive or all-too timid Chow Chow to be unacceptable.[10] For that reason, some owners have attributed a cat-like personality to the Chow Chow.[13][14]



Quote:
This breed of dog has many strong loyal bonds with friends and family, but the Chow Chow dog is usually overly protective of one or two main family member(s).[15] It is in the breed’s nature to be quiet and well behaved, but it is also resistant to training. Chow Chows become very stubborn and attach to certain individuals, as they age. This is why training them when they are puppies is so crucial because they gain respect for those who care for them.

In order to avoid aggressive and over-protectiveness as an adult, continuous socialization as early as possible could allow the dog to adjust. When Chow Chows have reached adolescence they reject authority from any other owner who failed to earn its admiration. Aggression can be one distinctive behavioural characteristic in this breed, though while some are of an aggressive nature, many are known to be easy-going in nature - sometimes adopting an aloof disposition to individuals other than their owners. Aggression when it does appear is often towards other dogs of the same sex, especially Chows. Due to their strong hunting instincts, it is recommended that these dogs stay fenced, leashed, and away from cats and small dogs. This is why it is crucial that they are socialized early and consistently in order to act appropriately with strangers. At first, chow chows are very hesitant in interacting with strangers. However, this problem can be avoided if the owners train the chow chow at a young age.



Face of a killer:


Likely the lethality of the attacks has more to do with size of the breeds
it is not like anything on the list is a lap dog
because lap dogs barely do damage when they go nuts
and are considered cute for displaying aggressive tendencies in a small package

For real tho,
after years of volunteer work in animal shelters,
pit bulls and rottweilers
tend to be among the most frequently abused dogs that come in
likely because the owners more typically view them as security tools
than pets
rottweilers and pit bulls are absolutely lovable pets when raised well
and rottweilers, in particular, have always been good around kids in my experience

with that said tho,
in my toddler years my parents had a wolf/husky/german shepard hybrid from a reservation
she had a batch of puppies and was wonderful to them
then one day she was playing with the neighbours little terrier, as they had done a number of times
then she playfully picked up the neighbours dog by the back of the neck
like carrying a puppy
then shook it violently until its neck snapped
so she was put down before we could risk the same happening to me
:shrug:

and on an different, yet similar, note
in my teens, convinced my mother to adopt a beautiful terrier/miniature pincher cross
named her Contessa
the animal control officer had brought her in after she was reported running with a pack of coyotes for months
and she was next in line to be euthanized as 'unadoptable' because of her history

we had a different neighbour that point, who worked as border patrol
and had a black lab trained for sniffing contraband at the crossing
the neighbour tossed over a ball playing fetch, it went over their fence
the lab came running in
and Contessa had it flipped over onto the ground and went straight for the throat
never knew a dog that small could catch a Labrador off-guard and have enough force to flip it
but the lab was treated at the vet and Contessa wore a muzzle until she could get in to be put down
'once they get a taste of blood...'

breeds do have tendencies towards or away from aggression
but good or poor training really provides definition to who they are
kind of like children maybe
:cookiemonster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24284406 -

Nipper
Petey
Sir Thomas
Tige
Bud
Pete
Jack Brutus
Wasp
Weela
Popsicle
Norton
Titan
D-Boy


I will just leave this list here and let you look up who they are.


--------------------
Hi, I'm Dav. It was David but I lost my ID.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: give.more] * 1
    #24284632 -

I chilled with a pit bull for th first time this weekend and nobody got hurt



--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24284656 -

Sheekle said:
Google it, IDK, I haven't watched the life of every pitbull throughout the world so I obviously can't fact check it but that's the statistic that seems to get thrown around and it seems about right. Only time I've ever been chased by dogs was by pitbulls, only time I ever hear of people getting attacked by dogs was by pitbulls.

Some dog breeds are simply less aggressive than others. Like I said, the entire reason pitbulls exist is because they were specifically bred for the purpose of dog-fighting, they were built to be aggressive animals.


I used to have this German Shepard when I lived with my parents. We treated him right, we never trained him to be aggressive and we shamed him whenever he was, and yet he continued to viciously attack random people every once in a while. It was heavily fucked up, my mom's a dipshit for insisting that he stay alive long after he should have been put down. Some dog breeds are simply more assholes than others.

Whenever I heard of a pitbull being a big teddy bear, it's usually a female. The fact is the vast majority of male pitbulls, male german shepards, male rotweilers, are dangerous creatures and in a society that wants to promote peaceful existence I simply see no point in allowing these aggressive breeds of animals to exist when there's many other breeds of dogs with extremely negligible instances of aggression.



You've only heard of pitbulls attacking people?  Whens the last time you've seen a K9 cop toting around a pitbull?  Typically they use German Shepherds bred to kill, And I refuse to believe police dogs don't attack just as much if not more than pitbulls.  That's a bs statistic.

Rottweilers can be vicious.
Weimaranars can be vicious.
Chows can be vicious.
Humans can be bad dog owners and raise their animals cruel.

I currently am fostering a 6 year old pomeranian I have had for 6 months, that was out for blood when I got him.  Didn't even know his own name.  He was actually humping one of my sisters pitbulls faces ( this pitbull is one of the most docile dogs I've ever seen in my life ) and I went to pull the pom off and he mangled my hand, and for his size did a good job.

The pom is pretty friendly now.  He sits before he gets his food and is close to 100% house broken.

It's never the dog, it's always the owner.  Even if you have a mean dog, it's up to you to contain it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago]
    #24285122 -

I get it Vandago, you love your dog.


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24285139 -

I'll be honest, I hate this pomeranian so much.  I hate everything about him.  He's useless, he bit, he marks his territory sometimes still, he was terribly hard to train at age 6 treated the way he was.  I will be very glad to find it a forever home.  My sugar mama is talking about adopting him and giving it a forever home with her elderly parents now that I have him broken and happy......

But the idea of overbreeding to get this dogs sucks.  He still has testicles, and I was considering studding him out, but I am surely not going to back yard breed when I am so against it.

I'm just saying, DARE used to teach us all about pitbulls and how only dangerous drug lords had them.....and they also told us that 25% of people who take ecstacy die, and acid puts holes in your brain.


Honestly I think the most feared dog is, and should be, rottweilers.  They are fuckin brutal when poorly trained, and they are no joke when they attack.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago]
    #24285147 -

I've also rehomed a couple pit bulls.

I just love dogs in general.  They can really make someone a completely different person, and they have a lot to teach....just as much as they need to learn. 

I've almost stabbed people over my dogs several times, but they've almost bit people for me way way more.  I don't have a "sick em" command, they can just tell when I fear for my life and step up.

Neither of them are pit bulls though, ones an aredale and ones a weimaranar.  I'll probably always have a weimaranar by my side unless I decided to go to college.  He's so incredible, and even at age 11 still gives me a lot of gumption to take on daily tasks I don't want to, and a reason not to blow my brains out.

Some people really need dogs.  Some people are better off without them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago]
    #24285165 -

Pit bulls are statistically more dangerous than rotweilers though. If you're gonna be racist against dogs then at least be racist against both of the races. I'm pretty sure talking about dogs was never in the DARE agenda, and the assholeish of rotweilers has always been equally publicized as well - like that movie Cujo


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24285174 -

99% of statistics are bullshit.  Statistically 7.6/9.4 of them are made up crap, and leave tons of room for error.

Scientifically it is not the dog, it's the owner, and statistically more pieces of shit own pitbulls.  I used to live in an extremely crack driven area where vicious pits were everywhere.  People suck.

Unless it's a feral canine, dogs are dogs. 

That myth about pits jaws locking is a myth, and people that believe it always "just heard it"  it's not true.

People need to research stuff before they spew it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago]
    #24285183 -

vandago said:
...
Honestly I think the most feared dog is, and should be, rottweilers.  They are fuckin brutal when poorly trained, and they are no joke when they attack.



They are pretty physically intimidating even in stature


but, honestly, the list got me thinking
about having never witnessed a violent Saint Bernard
aside from Cujo, which probably does not count :lol:




having one of those pin and attack would probably be pretty intense as well

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Should i put my dog to sleep?
( 1 2 all )
40oz 5,712 34 04/01/05 01:10 AM
by boO
* I love my dog
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Delyrium 7,799 83 11/20/03 06:54 PM
by Mitchnast
* maybe getting a dog this summer Abudiwa 1,205 19 03/08/05 07:50 PM
by Abudiwa
* Racism in your life and community
( 1 2 all )
Ellis Dee 8,791 36 11/13/02 10:49 AM
by Fred Garvin
* hey, troll in the pub.. get banned!
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 3,788 55 08/12/05 02:28 PM
by KingOftheThing
* Biggest dog head? PriitK 1,721 5 05/26/05 12:14 AM
by KingOftheThing
* Raped Dogs and The Dog Raping Rapists Who Rape Them
( 1 2 3 all )
Irradiated_Feces 4,285 40 07/29/05 02:57 PM
by thegatewaydrug
* if i see your pitbill IM GOING TO FUCKING SHOOT IT poll
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
cinic 10,762 282 05/24/12 08:19 AM
by Johnny Depp

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,355 topic views. 3 members, 32 guests and 189 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.