Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24281328 -

Sheekle said:
sh4d0ws said:
Maybe we should eliminate the humans who bred and trained dogs to be fighters?



I wouldn't have any problem with that, the world is over-populated. We could use less pieces of shit who run around making dogs maul each other :shrug:


How exactly is stopping the breed of pitbulls in specific any more inhumane than the neutering of dogs in general?




Well shit, atleast we agree on something.

As for the neutering thing...neutering dogs is not causing a full breed to go extinct nor will it eliminate the dog population as a whole. Its not inhumane because it actually helps control the dog population, reducing strain on animal control, humane societies, and vets that perform euthanizations.

Obviously I dont know how painful it is, but to me it seems there is a lot more pros to neutering than cons, and I imagine the pain is short lived and prevents a lot of suffering that can happen when dog populations grow out of control.

Time for more kratom I think.

Cool talk.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #24281352 -

So if neutering dogs isn't inhumane, then why would neutering the future of pitbulls out of existence be? I don't see the big deal. There's plenty of other dogs in the sea.


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24281370 -

We could also attempt to neuter Sheekle's out of existence, Im sure a ton of people would be on board. Plus, theres lots of other humans in the world.

Just making a point...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #24281396 -

That point doesnt carry, Sheekle isnt an alleged menace to society.

If dog attacks are statistically significant, then something should be done about it.
They're not though, dog attacks are relatively uncommon, we could tweak enforcement a bit but its not a front page issue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Repertoire89]
    #24281409 -

I have scars from 2 dog attacks and a cat.  That pussy was a viscious psychopath!


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #24281420 -

sh4d0ws said:
We could also attempt to neuter Sheekle's out of existence, Im sure a ton of people would be on board. Plus, theres lots of other humans in the world.

Just making a point...



If I went around brutally attacking innocent people then sure I wouldn't see the problem with being unable to reproduce.


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24281423 -

I think Ive had around 6 dog attacks, none serious

I bear maced one, dumb bitch fucking with humans

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24281426 -

Neither cause nor solution


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24281463 -

Just a couple days ago, a woman in a nearby town was mauled to death by her pit bull mix.  Shitty way to go IMO.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-upper-macungie-dog-attack-20170427-story,amp.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Repertoire89]
    #24281508 -

Repertoire89 said:
That point doesnt carry, Sheekle isnt an alleged menace to society.



I guess it depends how you interpret what I said.

I think the point carries quite well. Since not all Pitbulls are aggressive and attacking people...then they deserve life just as much as me or you, or sheekle.

I think aggressive dogs should be banned, euthanized, whatever, but my point still stands that not all Pitbulls are like that so banning them is inhumane.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #24281520 -

You don't have to kill all pitbulls while theyre alive. Just make it so they cant reproduce, how is that inhumane?


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle] * 2
    #24281658 -

Your analogy fails, OP. Black people as a race exist because of natural selection. Any given dog breed exists because of artificial selection. Therefore breeds are not equivalent to races.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24281754 -

Man thats ignorant as hell.
It's an attack reflex that is caused by an active gene, every1 has genes in them that can cause homicidal behavior, ppl have been killing n torturing since our dawn. The other thing that causes bad dogs are mental illnesses a dog can be schizophrenic n bi-polar just like with ppl. They were breed for bull wrangling hense theyre name an boar hunting they are a working dog that needs daily release from exercise other wise they can develop psychological problems and lash out. Its bad breeding from dumb monkeys (not a racial slure) that wanted to make a profit. Its not theyre fault theyve been exploited by assholes.
By the same logic we shouldnt allow ppl that have a relative that have killed some1 to breed which every1 has btw.
The point of them is that they are an awesome working dog n family pet,they are 1 of the best breeds out there also they are adorable! Its the humans fault plain an simple.


--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24281761 -

Good post. Also, thanks for pointing that last part out. I was going to make the exact same argument to counter him but I realized he will likely never agree nor understand


--------------------

Edited by sh4d0ws (04/29/17 02:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #24283159 -

I remember learning way back when I was a vet tech that pit bulls are the most likely dog to bite other dogs. Which makes sense, considering they were bred for fighting.

My sisters' dog was attacked by a random pit bull who wasn't leashed. Her dog had to be hospitalized.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Crystal G]
    #24283162 -

Quote:
A five-year review of dog-bite injuries from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, published in 2009 in the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, found that almost 51 percent of the attacks were from pit bulls, almost 9 percent were from Rottweilers and 6 percent were from mixes of those two breeds.

In other words, a whopping two-thirds of the hospital's dog-attack injuries involved just two breeds, pit bulls and Rottweilers.

Other studies confirm these statistics: A 15-year study published in 2009 in the American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology revealed that pit bulls, Rottweilers and German shepherds were responsible for the majority of fatal dog attacks in the state of Kentucky. [See What Your Dog's Breed Says About You]

And a 2011 study from the Annals of Surgery revealed that "attacks by pit bulls are associated with higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges and a higher risk of death than are attacks by other breeds of dogs."

The authors of that 2011 study go on to say, "Strict regulation of pit bulls may substantially reduces the U.S. mortality rates related to dog bites."

Even the U.S. Army has acknowledged that pit bulls are high-risk dogs; they are therefore prohibited in some military housing units.

Pit bulls join several other breeds on the list of dogs that are recognized as more likely to attack and cause significant injury: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analyzed data and found the following breeds are implicated in a majority of dog-bite fatalities:

Pit bulls
Rottweilers
German shepherds
Huskies
Wolf hybrids
Malamutes
Doberman pinschers
Chow-chows
Saint Bernards
Great Danes



http://www.livescience.com/27145-are-pit-bulls-dangerous.html


It's always some douche trying to look tough that owns pit bulls.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Crystal G]
    #24283469 -

I don't know man, all the pitbulls in my apt complex are sweet motherfuckers. Yeah, they definitely have the ability to bite the fuck out of you or other dogs, but most don't. They play rough, but they are clearly just playing around and don't project that aggression to anyone else. I just don't believe they account for so many bites because there are so many pitbulls in the US. Any dog mixed with pitbull is automatically classified as such. How do you even count that?

Humans should be able to know how to defend themselves from dogs. I swear, if my sweet girl ever turned on me, there's hell to pay. Don't allow ANY dog to bite. Just sucks that my pit has a higher chance of being euthanized if she were to bite someone than my beagle back home that has biten me, and has biten my lil sister on the face.

I would find these sources more credible if people also reported small dog bites. Sure, not as powerful as a big dog bite, but that shouldn't be left unnoticed either.

I agree though, lots of owners are fucked and don't give a fuck about how aggressive their dog is capable of becoming. Just gotta lay down the law, most dogs learn and understand.


--------------------
:potleaf: Legalize my iguana! :potleaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: rudebuoy]
    #24283499 -

rudebuoy said:
Pit bulls being banned is understandable cus of the whole lock jaw thing and cus of the kind of irresponsible ghetto crowd the breed attracts. But huskies and malamutes being banned is ridiculous! I'm trying to move but can't find a place because of my "wolf dog".



Well my friend when you ban one breed the idiot irresponsible people are just going to get another breed they see as big and tough.


I think adopting or purchasing an animal should be regulated like vehicle purchase or child adoption is. At least when he animal is over a certain size. I don't like the regulation or control idea but it's better to address the real problem. Don't ban dogs, ban idiots and assholes from getting dogs.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle] * 1
    #24283511 -

Sheekle said:
You don't have to kill all pitbulls while theyre alive. Just make it so they cant reproduce, how is that inhumane?



All (domestic) animals are more unpredictable and aggressive when they aren't neutered. Alot of pitbulls are kept fertile even if they don't breed because of the prospect that it is a highly valued breed and someone might pay you for pups. So with that in mind I'm imagining a disproportionate amount of pitbull attacks were made by animals who, properly trainer or not, still had their hormone makers.


People get stupid and aggressive under the influence of hormones too so maybe it really is all animals.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24283515 -

all the more reason to nueter all of them


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Should i put my dog to sleep?
( 1 2 all )
40oz 5,712 34 04/01/05 01:10 AM
by boO
* I love my dog
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Delyrium 7,799 83 11/20/03 06:54 PM
by Mitchnast
* maybe getting a dog this summer Abudiwa 1,205 19 03/08/05 07:50 PM
by Abudiwa
* Racism in your life and community
( 1 2 all )
Ellis Dee 8,791 36 11/13/02 10:49 AM
by Fred Garvin
* hey, troll in the pub.. get banned!
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 3,788 55 08/12/05 02:28 PM
by KingOftheThing
* Biggest dog head? PriitK 1,721 5 05/26/05 12:14 AM
by KingOftheThing
* Raped Dogs and The Dog Raping Rapists Who Rape Them
( 1 2 3 all )
Irradiated_Feces 4,285 40 07/29/05 02:57 PM
by thegatewaydrug
* if i see your pitbill IM GOING TO FUCKING SHOOT IT poll
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
cinic 10,762 282 05/24/12 08:19 AM
by Johnny Depp

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,355 topic views. 1 members, 15 guests and 169 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.