Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrendel
That guy
tolerance, metabolism, and sickness.
    #2425596 - 03/13/04 12:14 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I tried searching for some of these questions but never found the answer I was looking for, and besides, I can input some of my own experiences for others to read.

First, I have been told that one should not trip more than 4-10 times a year to avoid tolerance. Well the first time I tried them was this past december just before xmas. Over the next 2 weeks I had tried them another 4 times.

It was a very interesting experience seeing that I have never done any other drugs other than some MJ usage, and even that was something I had only tried a few times before.

Well the first time I did 2.5g of home grown and had no idea of what was about to hit me. I felt I had discovered an old self. So the next night I tried another, but this time it felt different, I could not rediscover something that I did the previous night, but I found out there was soo much more to explore.

Long story short I took around 2.5, 2.5 3, 2.5, 3g all with in about 10-14 days. The last trip seemed no less potient than the first... Infact some of the 2.5s seemed stronger, depending on mind set. Well 2 months go by untill I get more growing. This time I have done them about 8-10 times in the last month and a half.

Here is where things got weird:

First time after the 2 month break.. I see heavy tracers which I never saw the first time. I should mention the first stuff was Kai Somi, and after the 2 months were, Cambodian and then what was labled Kai Somi 'Super Strain'. Either way the Camb/KSSS felt about the same. Anything with a pattern, like marble, was moving, wood work was breathing... etc. I'm like ok this is really weird, I never saw this 2 months ago... (not to mention doing more thinking of how my mind works, how its been programmed to be like the system, yada yada)

My question starts to arrive here:

After that trip, I did it again a few days later because I all excited about trying a new strain. Well upon doing so, I get about 45m to an hour in and I start to feel like it's harder to get my mind off the effects of what it's doing to me. I'm starting to feel like I want to hurl. (I have not eaten for hours, on later trips I have even fasted for over 12 hours) I can't stop thinking about it and have been told its all mental, but sometimes you can't controll what your body wants to do. I ended up giving some of what was in me back down into a drain, and drank some cold water. I felt muuuch better after that. I'm thinking this never happened before? It gets weirder... On the trip after that one I was with some good friends, and I had learned so much about how to open doors I was guiding some friends by letting them in on some interesting insites. Well while doing this after one of my speeches, I felt sick again and had to go excuse my self. It seems the faster I get my mind moving, and then if I stop, its like crashing a car into a wall, the mind doest like being reved up and then stoped with out a slowdown. (this is mostly a theory)

Well ever since, ever trip after has always made me feel sick for the first 2 hours, then at around peak to the next 3 hours I seem to be ok. Another key is that the effect of the trip never seems to be any less, the patterns, the moving fractals... always are there, the ability to think at very fast rates has never deminished...

So I have triped some where between 12-15 times in 3 and a half months. The last 6ish i hafe felt different levels of sickness for the first 2- 2.5 hours. I have never felt a reduction in potency yet.

Also I'm 5'9, weigh 140lb, have about no body fat, and an ultra high metabolism. Is it possible that those conditions make it so my body rids it from me so fast that I don't notice a tolerance?

Is this sickness something that comes from doing them too much? One's brain isn't ment to think, or unlock doors too fast or it doesnt have a chance to strengthen the new ideas it now has? Any one else out there who gets sick when you do shrooms have any input?

Since all of this I have been slowing down greatly, but if given the chance, I'd pry end up still doing it 1-2 times a month.. I am also curious if I will ever notice a tolerance, because that would answer one of my questions, kinda like using my self as a test subject. Or better yet, has any one heard of some people that just have a very hard time building one up, and hey, id be all for that one heh.

Sorry for the long post, but I never quite saw one that delt with all 3 in one.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: tolerance, metabolism, and sickness. [Re: Grendel]
    #2426344 - 03/13/04 06:50 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I suggest you don't trip that often. that way it stays special and you won't evelop tolerance.
give your mind (and body) some rest after a trip.
I usually wait 1.5 to 2 months until I trip again.

InvisibleEvangeliontx
Unleaded only

Re: tolerance, metabolism, and sickness. [Re: stefan]
    #2426361 - 03/13/04 07:04 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

im a rookie so dont take me too seriosuly but....

dont make tripping a life style, make the life style your trip.

holy shit thats a quote for the books.

OfflineGrendel
That guy
Re: tolerance, metabolism, and sickness. [Re: stefan]
    #2429607 - 03/14/04 12:00 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah it's the same conclusion that I have arrived at as well. I notice the more experiences / time you have between trips, the more worth while they become.

Anonymous

#2429829 - 03/14/04 12:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

What do "fractals" look like when hallucinating on psychedellic mushrooms?

Anonymous

Re: tolerance, metabolism, and sickness. [Re: ]
    #2429847 - 03/14/04 01:05 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

"Any one else out there who gets sick when you do shrooms have any input?"

Psilocybin is a harsh chemical. The feeling in your stomache is usually not a good one if you just filled it with mushrooms.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2430162 - 03/14/04 03:03 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hold your hands out straight in front of you and see if your haznds tremble - if they do it sounds like you are hyperthyroid - when your metabolism has become dangerously high.
The effect of this would be that you would have an increased tolerance to marijuana, mushrooms and possibly other psychedelics, and a decreased tolerance to caffiene or any stimulants that excite your already overactive nervous system.
My advice is to get treatment if this is the case...

--------------------

Offlinebeam
Re: tolerance, metabolism, and sickness. [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2430478 - 03/14/04 06:20 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

my hands used to shake quite bad, since i've quit smoking weed it has gone away, i also get it sometimes after using mdma.

What treatment do people get for this?

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: tolerance, metabolism, and sickness. [Re: beam]
    #2437999 - 03/16/04 04:58 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Your hands shaking can be just normal if you dont get any other symptoms. Basically if you were hyper part of the time or all the time, you might get tremors in your hands and feel anxious and dizzy after drinking caffiene at first.
If your underactive this can happen as well (caffiene intolerance).
Basically if you lost sudden weight, have hand tremors, nervousness, dizziness, teeth chattering, palpitataions, breathlessness, eye focusing problems - as well as hand tremors you may have a thyroid problem.
also if your weight fluctuates, or you suddenly gain weight, have dry skin, brain fog and dizziness you might be underactive.
the treatment options are good if you go into one of these extremes, but if you fluctuate, and transient symptoms might indicate that, then its much harder to treat.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience