Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Question on the use of the name "homeland" for ya
    #2424213 - 03/12/04 01:40 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

I'm watching c-span2 and they talk about america this and that, and then all of a sudden when the topic changes to protecting america, the name homeland is used, ie., "homeland security", "homeland defense" "homeland budget" and it sounds like they are talking about some country named "homeland" and not america. Do any of you know who started using the name "homeland", or when it started?

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Question on the use of the name "homeland" for ya [Re: mabus]
    #2424218 - 03/12/04 01:42 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

If I had to guess i'd say it was Bush's team, Tom Ridge - First head of homeland security.

It's kind of annoying, sorta like when people call others anti-American because they have different opinions on some topic.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (03/12/04 01:43 PM)

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2424320 - 03/12/04 02:03 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

I'm doing a search to find out about the word homeland, and found this.

http://www.goodknight.org/
Homeland Security Youth Mentoring Coalition
They even get gov grants.

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2424419 - 03/12/04 02:21 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

When attempting to come up for a new moniker for the base country which would control the new world order, the neocons played with previously used terms such as 'Fatherland' (too much of a racist image, already been used by another fascist regime) and 'Motherland' (too close to 'Mother Russia' and reminiscent of communism). Taking into account the PC climate and in an attempt to cultivate Bush's Texas country boy image, they arrived at a gender neutral and somewhat folksy term, 'Homeland.'

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Question on the use of the name "homeland" for ya [Re: Evolving]
    #2424440 - 03/12/04 02:27 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Evolving said:
When attempting to come up for a new moniker for the base country which would control the new world order, the neocons played with previously used terms such as 'Fatherland' (too much of a racist image, already been used by another fascist regime) and 'Motherland' (too close to 'Mother Russia' and reminiscent of communism).  Taking into account the PC climate and in an attempt to cultivate Bush's Texas country boy image, they arrived at a gender neutral and somewhat folksy term, 'Homeland.'

:smile: :smile: :smile:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2424633 - 03/12/04 03:13 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

I can't tell if this is a hypothesis or a documented decision making process...

do tell.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: Question on the use of the name "homeland" for ya [Re: afoaf]
    #2424662 - 03/12/04 03:21 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

A hypothesis.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2425051 - 03/12/04 06:12 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

eerily likely

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
    #2425063 - 03/12/04 06:19 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Evolving said:
When attempting to come up for a new moniker for the base country which would control the new world order, the neocons played with previously used terms such as 'Fatherland' (too much of a racist image, already been used by another fascist regime) and 'Motherland' (too close to 'Mother Russia' and reminiscent of communism). Taking into account the PC climate and in an attempt to cultivate Bush's Texas country boy image, they arrived at a gender neutral and somewhat folksy term, 'Homeland.'

Could you
1) Remove the foil hat
2) Prove any of this
3) Give a title that you would use that doesn't fit into your feeble, illogical little pattern?

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: Question on the use of the name "homeland" for ya [Re: TheOneYouKnow]
    #2425149 - 03/12/04 06:56 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

TheOneYouKnow said:
Could you
1) Remove the foil hat

I don't wear hats. Could you remove your swastika tattoos?

Quote:

2) Prove any of this

What kind of feeble illogical little mind do you have that you would think I was passing this off as a fact?

Quote:

3) Give a title that you would use that doesn't fit into your feeble, illogical little pattern?

What kind of title are you referring to? What pattern are you referring to?

--------------------

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
    #2425157 - 03/12/04 06:59 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Evolving said:
I don't wear hats. Could you remove your swastika tattoos?

I get 15% off admission into the KKK ralleys when I display them, sorry.
Quote:

What kind of feeble illogical little mind do you have that you would think I was passing this off as a fact?

I wish you hadn't edited this post, so people could read you saying that it wasn't being pushed as "the truth".
Quote:

What kind of title are you referring to? What pattern are you referring to?

Are you on something? the fucking word "homeland"? in that "topic" thing... the link you click on from the main PA&L page, you DO read those right?

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#2425203 - 03/12/04 07:24 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

TheOneYouKnow said:
I wish you hadn't edited this post, so people could read you saying that it wasn't being pushed as "the truth".

Huh? I never claimed that what I wrote was a fact. If you're too feeble minded to realize that, it is not my problem but yours.

Quote:

Are you on something? the fucking word "homeland"? in that "topic" thing... the link you click on from the main PA&L page, you DO read those right?

Duh! I was addressing the topic, if you're too feeble minded to realize that, I suggest that you take some remedial reading courses.

Maybe you should lay off the Pabst for a while, or have you been inhaling too many gasoline fumes when you're drenching crosses at the rallies?

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2425244 - 03/12/04 07:42 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

dude, do you honestly believe that terms like that arent made up by some presidential marketing committee which takes great care in selecting the right words to make the right psychological impact?

"I need to raise taxes, but I cant call it that.

How about calling it a 'temporary refund adjustment'?

Brilliant!"

you have a lot to learn about politics, friend.

my recommendation is to go to your nearest library and check out a social psychology text book immeadiately. There, you will find many methods that politicians use to manipulate the opinions of the masses, including the Yale Attitude Change Approach (designed and taught by our current president's alma mater).

This isnt conspiracy theory. Its scientific fact which has been well researched and cleverly employed for years.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: Question on the use of the name "homeland" for ya [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2425302 - 03/12/04 08:04 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Remember when the Bush administration tried to change the term "suicide bombing" to "homicide bombing"?

Most of the media started using this new, Bushite term, but eventually dropped it. Only Faux News continues to use that term - almost religiously.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order