Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
going to therapy * 1
    #24164822 -

So after being depressed on and off for a long time (the past 2-3 years) and making breif improvements, I decided to say "fuck it" and go to therapy

FUCK. I have made more progress in the past two months than in the past 1 year. This therapist asks you questions that really make you think. I cried twice the first session and once the second session

I had this perception that therapy is only for the extreme cases of poor psychological health. I am not sure it works for everyone but it definitely works for me. That and I feel that the person in therapy would need to WANT to change. My university partially subsidizes therapy so what would cost say $200 costs $20 for me. Plus my parents are helping me financially and I am near broke at the moment so I am getting as many sessions in between now and graduation. My biggest regret of the past 4 years is not going sooner. I wish therapy was cheaper and more available. Its a bummer that it costs so much

Anyone else have great experiences with therapy? I figure there are some folks out there who dislike therapy or it may have not worked for them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: topdog82]
    #24164838 -

Therapy is very beneficial. I think everyone should do it. Its very important to find a therapist that you can connect with.

Good luck on improving!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: drobelas]
    #24164876 -

drobelas said:
Therapy is very beneficial. I think everyone should do it. Its very important to find a therapist that you can connect with.

Good luck on improving!



I was gonna say something along these lines but I am waiting for someone to pop in and explain why it didn't work for them. people I know have said therapy just pissed em off more hahaha. We as humans are all so different so I doubt everyone derived the benefits I did

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: topdog82]
    #24165023 -

im forced to do therapy in order to keep my adderall and i fucking hate it. Ive had awesome therapists over the years but im just not the type to want to talk to anyone about my life.

If they talked to me about their lives then i would enjoy it. I hate being the center of attention and i hate having to relive memories that i dont feel like doing and i just dont like talking unless i need too.

all in all its just a pain in the ass and doesnt help me, but im glad its helping you OP


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #24165037 -

Im the same way, people still say i need therapy but im happy with my insanity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: The Patient]
    #24165081 -

The Patient said:
Im the same way, people still say i need therapy but im happy with my insanity.




Right with ya bud


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: topdog82]
    #24165096 -

topdog82 said:
So after being depressed on and off for a long time (the past 2-3 years) and making breif improvements, I decided to say "fuck it" and go to therapy

FUCK. I have made more progress in the past two months than in the past 1 year. This therapist asks you questions that really make you think. I cried twice the first session and once the second session

I had this perception that therapy is only for the extreme cases of poor psychological health. I am not sure it works for everyone but it definitely works for me. That and I feel that the person in therapy would need to WANT to change. My university partially subsidizes therapy so what would cost say $200 costs $20 for me. Plus my parents are helping me financially and I am near broke at the moment so I am getting as many sessions in between now and graduation. My biggest regret of the past 4 years is not going sooner. I wish therapy was cheaper and more available. Its a bummer that it costs so much

Anyone else have great experiences with therapy? I figure there are some folks out there who dislike therapy or it may have not worked for them?




I've had free therapy since 2010. It's helped me in so many ways, but coincidentally I started getting in trouble about 2 months after I started therapy, I think I just saw it coming and fucked up preventing it like I was trying to.  I still go, and they really get my head right some times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: topdog82]
    #24165102 -

Therapy is good, just as long as the therapist is good.

I love my therapist, but I can't afford the $85 a session fee.

Who knows what the future holds though, but I wont switch therapists, only been a few times though.


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: vandago]
    #24165107 -

Bill_Oreilly said:
im forced to do therapy in order to keep my adderall and i fucking hate it. Ive had awesome therapists over the years but im just not the type to want to talk to anyone about my life.

If they talked to me about their lives then i would enjoy it. I hate being the center of attention and i hate having to relive memories that i dont feel like doing and i just dont like talking unless i need too.

all in all its just a pain in the ass and doesnt help me, but im glad its helping you OP



thats absolutely horrible. lol I can only imagine

your insurance company requires you to do so?
vandago said:
topdog82 said:
So after being depressed on and off for a long time (the past 2-3 years) and making breif improvements, I decided to say "fuck it" and go to therapy

FUCK. I have made more progress in the past two months than in the past 1 year. This therapist asks you questions that really make you think. I cried twice the first session and once the second session

I had this perception that therapy is only for the extreme cases of poor psychological health. I am not sure it works for everyone but it definitely works for me. That and I feel that the person in therapy would need to WANT to change. My university partially subsidizes therapy so what would cost say $200 costs $20 for me. Plus my parents are helping me financially and I am near broke at the moment so I am getting as many sessions in between now and graduation. My biggest regret of the past 4 years is not going sooner. I wish therapy was cheaper and more available. Its a bummer that it costs so much

Anyone else have great experiences with therapy? I figure there are some folks out there who dislike therapy or it may have not worked for them?




I've had free therapy since 2010. It's helped me in so many ways, but coincidentally I started getting in trouble about 2 months after I started therapy, I think I just saw it coming and fucked up preventing it like I was trying to.  I still go, and they really get my head right some times.



How do you get it for free?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: topdog82]
    #24165114 -

^^ i think its the doctor/psychiatrists regulations that you need atleast 2 hours per month to get meds

it may be the insurance, though


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: topdog82]
    #24165318 -

topdog82 said:
Bill_Oreilly said:
im forced to do therapy in order to keep my adderall and i fucking hate it. Ive had awesome therapists over the years but im just not the type to want to talk to anyone about my life.

If they talked to me about their lives then i would enjoy it. I hate being the center of attention and i hate having to relive memories that i dont feel like doing and i just dont like talking unless i need too.

all in all its just a pain in the ass and doesnt help me, but im glad its helping you OP



thats absolutely horrible. lol I can only imagine

your insurance company requires you to do so?
vandago said:
topdog82 said:
So after being depressed on and off for a long time (the past 2-3 years) and making breif improvements, I decided to say "fuck it" and go to therapy

FUCK. I have made more progress in the past two months than in the past 1 year. This therapist asks you questions that really make you think. I cried twice the first session and once the second session

I had this perception that therapy is only for the extreme cases of poor psychological health. I am not sure it works for everyone but it definitely works for me. That and I feel that the person in therapy would need to WANT to change. My university partially subsidizes therapy so what would cost say $200 costs $20 for me. Plus my parents are helping me financially and I am near broke at the moment so I am getting as many sessions in between now and graduation. My biggest regret of the past 4 years is not going sooner. I wish therapy was cheaper and more available. Its a bummer that it costs so much

Anyone else have great experiences with therapy? I figure there are some folks out there who dislike therapy or it may have not worked for them?




I've had free therapy since 2010. It's helped me in so many ways, but coincidentally I started getting in trouble about 2 months after I started therapy, I think I just saw it coming and fucked up preventing it like I was trying to.  I still go, and they really get my head right some times.



How do you get it for free?




If you make a certain amount of money or are a student a lot of times theres a place that does a sliding pay scale.  The therapists I've had ( 2 ) have been incredible, too facilities i never paid a dime, and the same psychiatrist since 2010.

Right now medicaid covers everything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: vandago]
    #24165364 -

What are some examples of questions they ask? I'm currently a non believer in therapy (for me specifically). I feel like I would not be able to play along with their routine


--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: trees]
    #24165430 -

It's not a routine. They just ask simple questions that make you think, mostly suggestions and ideas on what you should focus on.  They ask about your passions and your support circle and where your at in life.

They just let you vent too. You don't have to worry about pissing a friend off being a drama llama.  They even give me rides to the grocery store and to court dates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: trees]
    #24165627 -

trees said:
What are some examples of questions they ask? I'm currently a non believer in therapy (for me specifically). I feel like I would not be able to play along with their routine



have you tried? I thought it wouldn't do much for me until I tried it myself

But basically when I told him certain negative life events that occurred in my life and he asked leading questions which made me realize how large of a role "I" had played in events. That I realized I was not at "fault" but to some degree I was "responsible"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: topdog82]
    #24165637 -

I like therapy its a good time to reflect and let things out.

I sometimes come away from a ssession (with the right person) feeling as good as I do on a DMT afterglow or what I imagine meditation feels like.


--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: ModestMouse]
    #24165645 -

They're basically just peeps u pay to listen to u and be ur friend. I ain't hating, I'm just telling like it is :whatyougonnado:


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: ModestMouse]
    #24165647 -

I did therapy once as a kid in high school. My Dad forced me to do it for being a loner. Sadly going to therapy caused more teasing to me cause i went to therspy. that sucked.

My therapist was an older gay guy. It was ok i guess. I didnt feel like i got a lot out of it. Maybe with a female i would feel more comfortable expressing myself. Who knows.


--------------------
"A single lifetime in this density can accomplish a refinement of Will that might take far longer in a realm where the truth is always visible" - Zii, Confederation of Planets, GFL Station.

"You will then have national and global contact around 2026." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS (PDF Download) - 312 pages! | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:Canned Computer Duster SAB Tek 👨‍🔬 | Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits | R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24165665 -

Takes a while to find the right one. Some im convinced are just bad all around. Too by-the-book, impersonal, robotics etc.


--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: zZZz]
    #24178232 -

zZZz said:
They're basically just peeps u pay to listen to u and be ur friend. I ain't hating, I'm just telling like it is :whatyougonnado:



Lol I just saw this. but in a sense, this is a true. I just don't want to burden my family/friend with my issues. my closest friends live miles away. they would accept me if I disclosed my drug use and depression. they know both of these are issues. but I think they don't realize the seriousness and extent of it

So why weigh down people I love and care about with that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: going to therapy [Re: topdog82]
    #24178267 -

I actually have an appointment to see a therapist on Thursday. It'll be the first time in years I've been to see one. I'm at a point in my life where I really do want to change. Pretty much my only remaining vices are extremely heavy marijuana use and complete social isolation. But they go really hand in hand and I just can't figure out how to break free from this cycle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Would you tell your therapist or psychiatrist
( 1 2 3 all )
Rocksanne 3,404 53 07/01/10 05:04 PM
by Sir Francis Bacon
* Going to see a Therapist
( 1 2 all )
AJ4U 3,901 20 02/16/07 07:38 PM
by AJ4U
* Your opinion on therapists Curt-vs-thepipe 1,533 11 12/12/13 04:46 PM
by badchad
* Mental Therapy OneMoreRobot3021 2,021 18 06/02/06 01:34 PM
by MOTH
* Therapist. Bundy 470 6 03/20/12 08:56 AM
by Apostle
* . LayYouIn 1,640 12 02/15/07 08:37 PM
by LayYouIn
* MDMA therapy in the UK Kittlebean 137 4 07/26/17 10:51 AM
by Kittlebean
* Massage therapist...yay or nay? MOTH 1,150 18 12/02/07 03:02 PM
by Caribou_Lou

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
545 topic views. 2 members, 17 guests and 130 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.