Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
If you have kids
    #2412995 - 03/09/04 10:50 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

do they know about the shroomery?
do they wonder y u r on the comp so much
or do u just tell them its for work :wink:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: If you have kids [Re: notapillow]
    #2413187 - 03/09/04 11:39 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

I don't have kids. But if my kids where old enough to ask me about the shroomery, they'd probably have already found all about it. It's pretty self explanitory.

But being kids, they'd want to ask why this and why that, and I'd have to carefully introduce them to responsible drug use. A difficult proposal, admittedly, but as a parent I would feel it my personal responsability.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#2413245 - 03/09/04 11:52 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

just hope you aren't viewing the OTD and hello.jpg happens to be up. That could be some awkward explainin'.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: If you have kids [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #2413264 - 03/09/04 11:56 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

YouEnjoyMyself said:
just hope you aren't viewing the OTD and hello.jpg happens to be up.  That could be some awkward explainin'.

:lol:
that is the stuff dreams r made of :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#2413279 - 03/09/04 11:59 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

seriously how the hell do you tell your kid what you are looking at. it would be such an awkward moment, and embarassing. Then if they are in school watch them go to school telling their friends "my dad was looking at a picture of a guy spreading his butthole apart!" and better yet, having the teacher/principal overhear it. Wow, that would be wonderful. I just dream of a day like that.

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: If you have kids [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #2413287 - 03/10/04 12:04 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

haahaha

i can oly think of one thing more acward
some one made a post in otd about n2o during orgazim
and i was thinkin bout tryin it
but then i thought
"what if i hit up the n2o, fall down hit my head get knoked out
and then my mom fings me the next day, dick in hand with jizz all over the carpet ans a charder next to me

:lol: that would be fun to explain

--------------------

Anonymous

#2413349 - 03/10/04 12:24 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

no...i only use the internet when i have free time to do so. ignoring your child(ren) for a website (or any reason for that matter), unless you absolutely must have a short break, makes you a piece of shit.

you shouldn't be vegged out in front of a monitor reading anything, especially the shroomery, if you have your kid(s) around.

Invisibleshriek

#2413361 - 03/10/04 12:27 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

where i have my computer is the same room i smoke weed and my kid isnt allowed to enter my "office" :smile:

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2413547 - 03/10/04 02:26 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

lol... :smile: thats cool.
If I had a kid I wouldnt be on the shroomery as much, if my child asked what I was doing on the computer I would explain him/her that I am exchanging letters with people through the computer like mail.
How I would tell my child about mushrooms is another thing though, I would prefer him/her being open towards mushrooms than close-minded and brain washed and I would like to know how my child uses substances when he's old enough for it instead of the way I sniffed glue, smoked weed and stocked up on ritalin behind my moms back, he he!

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2414616 - 03/10/04 11:12 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Very interesting question. And tricky. My husband and I talk in length what we would do if we threw a kid into the mix. It would really depend on how old the kid was, I guess.

And filthysock, I hear what you're saying. When I was a teenager, I abused over the counter medicine trying to get high, because I was firmly taught that all ILLEGAL drugs were BAD, and OTC drugs were good. I would mix 9-10 pills together, experimenting. Ended up in the ER once or twice for an overdose. It wasn't a happy time and probably much more dangerous for me then a joint would have been!

No way I want my child to start popping shitloads of sleeping pills, caffeine pills, and painkillers like I did.

But whats the best way (as an illegal drug user) to unbiasly educate a kid about drugs? (erowid?)

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2414716 - 03/10/04 11:35 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Well I'm still far to young to think about having kids, but I've often thought about how I will introduce the idea of psychedelics and pot to my children... I certainly believe that I've gained a lot through them, and that most people can as well. But I would want them to try shrooms or acid because they wanted to, not because I told them that it is a mind-expanding experience. I know that when I have an infant, I will certainly have to tone down the drug use, as it would mean there would be long periods that I wouldn't physically be able to take care of my child, and I don't want that. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see... Doesn't anybody here have kids around 12,13,or 14? What have you told them about pot, for instance?

--------------------

Offlinescotsman1
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: guess
Re: If you have kids [Re: Krishna]
    #2414832 - 03/10/04 11:59 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

My daughters 8 and uses my PC so i had
to set it up for 2 users so she wouldn't
se my faves and such.
She knows daddy's mad on mushrooms and
everyshop we're in if she finds a mushroom
type ornament she'll rush over and grab it,
i'm a big collector of glass type shrooms.
She even draws me pics of mushrooms, it freaked
me out to start with but what do you do. At
least she's not rushing up with bottles of
whiskey and saying hers's your fave.

I've kinda ceased growing for maybe 6 months
but i'll think nothing of it when i do start
a grow again. I keep all my drugs locked up
and well out of reach.

--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: If you have kids [Re: Krishna]
    #2415080 - 03/10/04 12:46 PM (20 years, 22 days ago)

when i have kids, i'm gonna prefer that they don't do drugs just because what's wrong with someone not doing drugs? But if they do start smoking pot which is pretty much expected i will tell them (when they are old enough) to be open about it with me cause i'm not gonna make a deal about it. What would bother me though is doing other drugs like coke and shit like that. Thats when i would lay down the law and be a bitch probably. Or if they are smoking pot all the time instead of doing other things, like i did and wish i didn't cause i fucked myself over. But i don't think it would bother me if they smoked pot when they are teenagers and an occasional trip is fine cause it's better then them lying to me and going behind my back cause i'm not gonna want that and that just makes a relationship worse when you have to do that. Opinions can change and i wouldn't doubt it that i'm gonna view stuff a lot differently when i am older. But i figure that i am gonna be a relaxed parent. I love kids, they are fun to play with and do some of the funniest stuff ever and I enjoy that, I always play with my little siblings (i have 2 little sisters and 3 little brothers, but my parents are divorced so they aren't all at one house). But I was raised in a big family, am used to all the family commotion and etc. And I don't want my relationship with my kid/s to be as bad as mine was with my dad. And if I'm still doing drugs (mainly just pot, and the occasional something else which is usually nothing big or anything) I will definately keep a watch that I don't do it around my kids and someone said that they lock theres up and thats what I would do to. And when they are old enough to know what drugs are I will explain stuff to them.

(one of my longest posts i think, if not the longest)

--------------------

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
    #2415298 - 03/10/04 01:43 PM (20 years, 22 days ago)

Luckly my son is only 7 months and can only say da da um ga daa umm bllll

and stuff like that
but I dread the day

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: If you have kids [Re: fee]
    #2415776 - 03/10/04 03:16 PM (20 years, 22 days ago)

I would just like to add a couple of cents more in this vending machine of a place, he he.  I was thinking that since I've opened up to realize that natual drugs like musrooms, cactii and weed are good as long as you have focus on your own life and own reality aswell it would be wrong against myself (and the child) to tell my child never to try those things.  Society has an undirect way of forcing people that use good drugs to think they should avoid them from their children because its always been lodged in their brain that its b-a-d so even if you have realized how good natural mind bending experiences have been it shouldnt be allowed for your children.  I am trying to distance myself from the stream of society which in many ways is going the wrong way and I wish my future children to realize this same truth.  The thing is I DO want them to be safe and if it came to drugs I would want them to understand drugs, so I would have to try to find out a way to balance these two sides: natural drugs are good but CAN be bad... or just to much.  If a child is tought to fear drugs and one day stumbles upon some friends smoking pot, then tries it him- or herself and likes it the natural thing is to continue having fun with it.  Simply because a child plays with whatever is fun, the fact that its illegal stimulates the will to do it even more because of the whole fun of doing something you're not allowed to, know what I mean?  If I told my child about the effects of pot, the ups and the downs and the all arounds and how I've liked using it and how I've regretted it... then the child will have more knowledge about pot and will be more willing to "do as father says" and not overdo it.  Its easy to kill the fun of weed and one day weed will become as important and unimportant as the early cop of coffee... a "just to get in the preferred mind set" type of a thing.  Weed should be funny everytime in my opinion, and this is what I would like my child to know.  The upside about this is that me and my child will be able to be honest with eachother which is really important about issues like this.  I wouldnt want him/her to do it at the age 13 or 14 like I did because there is so much else to experience at that part of life and I think by the age of 16 is where pot is most apropriate.  I will do the same about mushrooms and cactii.  At least this is what I think now, I'm only 19, the day I will be so fortunate to look my own child in the eyes my attitude might change about this right here, but as of now I'm jsut thinking that tripping on a mellow dose out some place in nature would be fantastic, just like going fishing with your son... just another activity.  My main focus is that there is alot to life other than drugs (which alot of my friends seem to fail to realize... which is really a shame) and as long my child would realize this and is happy and safe thats all that I care about.  Wow this got long, but I dont think I could've put this shorter, besides I just peppered my afternoon with some mellow hash :smirk:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Invisibleshriek

#2415786 - 03/10/04 03:19 PM (20 years, 22 days ago)

i dont see why you should say anything else but the truth about any drugs to your kids. its not like they not gonna find out anyway. but it could save them finding out the hard way like i did myself

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder