Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Trichocereus Pachanoi identification
    #23959618 -

I've done a lot of research and I'm about 98% sure this is a real "Trichocereus Pachanoi" San pedro cactus, just wanted some veterans to take a look and possibly help confirm this... I got it about 4 months ago 6 inches total length with roots and is now 7.75 tall from the soil to tip with about 2-3 inches under the soil. I know the best way to identify it is when the flower blooms but that probably won't happen for about a decade given how young it is lol, any help is appreciated and ill gladly provide more pics and info if needed. Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: ANJOSOK]
    #23959629 -

Were did you get it from?  What did they label it as.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: ANJOSOK]
    #23959631 -

not a veteran but looks like a pachanoi or something along those lines to me, just a little thin at the top...it could do with some more light

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: DualWieldRake]
    #23959640 -

It was bought on eBay sold as young Trichocereus Pachanoi saplings ranging from 4 to 8 inches this one happened to be 6" on the spot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: ANJOSOK]
    #23959650 -

And it was shipped rooted, recieved it,potted it, waited about 10 days for first wateringwith medium amount of light and now I just water it when all the soil is bone dry and full sun in the window and when its not sunny out i put it under a full spectrum lamp

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: DualWieldRake]
    #23964929 -

Have you ever grown any trichocereus pachanoi?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: ANJOSOK]
    #23965828 -

The spines look like typical pachanoi but the skin looks a little off (maybe lighting) but also the V-notches don't look like typical pedro. Could be a seed grown or hybrid of some sort.


--------------------
Follow the light
The Light is your guide.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: fungus_tao]
    #23966633 -

Yeah it is bad lighting, it's a deeper darker green than that with a kind of a bluish hugh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: ANJOSOK]
    #23966641 -

Hue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: ANJOSOK]
    #23966672 -

I'll try to get some better pics on here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: fungus_tao]
    #23966885 -

If I remember correctly I think the said it was seed grown and is still quite young

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: ANJOSOK]
    #23966926 -

Yeah I'd say it's a pachanoi seedling of some variety. Hard to tell at this point because its so young, but I remember when I first got into growing trichs I ordered a seed grown pedro and it looked very similar.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: ANJOSOK]
    #23966938 -

Looks like a Trichocereus of some sort, maybe pachanoi, maybe not. Impossible to tell at this young age, this is a baby plant.

If you are looking for mescaline you have to let this plant grow a few more years.
It takes two to five years for such a young plant to reach a size that is worth harvesting for a trip or a half.

Let it grow a few more years, it gets thicker and bigger with age and then it will start showing more characteristics.

-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: Pandemoon]
    #23966968 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: ANJOSOK]
    #23966972 -

Some better pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: Pandemoon]
    #23967022 -

I definitely plan on using it for tea or extraction, I already figured it would take quite awhile for it to be ready for that, I'm fine with that though as it gives me plenty of time to prepare for the trip, I actually eventually plan on growing a psychoactive garden with chaliponga, salvia,pedro,peyote if possible and pretty much anything else psychoactive that's safe to consume

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Pachanoi identification [Re: ANJOSOK]
    #23967029 -

And thanks for all the helpful responses everyone I really appreciate it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Short spine Peruvianus : yer typical Pachanoi rope 1,706 5 02/24/11 09:42 AM
by naum
* Proper San Pedro Identification (formerly known as Bloody Idiots!)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Cactusdan 62,957 107 04/12/19 09:22 PM
by Onecouriousdude
* Trichocereus pachanoi and T. peruvianus Genetics
( 1 2 all )
Teotzlcoatl 6,522 38 08/17/07 07:41 PM
by Teotzlcoatl
* Pachanoi /Peruvianus? What do you think? (New photos)
( 1 2 all )
Nostromo 10,690 36 06/25/09 11:38 AM
by Nostromo
* Yet another cacti identification request (updated) stvip 1,886 11 05/10/05 02:55 PM
by stvip
* anyone grow Chaliponga?? cpw1971 3,158 19 11/17/09 11:46 AM
by Fleadh
* ID of my 'Chaliponga'? Dscid 2,396 4 08/21/11 01:56 PM
by Zaka
* cactus identification
( 1 2 all )
Peacema 2,800 24 08/26/09 12:20 PM
by jds

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
912 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.