Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #23794971 -

I was hoping for more scales on the Superkabuto though. Hopefully some of mine are more covered.


I wonder if having them grafted to such a fast growing stock could have played a roll in the white that covers it?




modern.shaman said:
Your right :smile: I think his time is 6 months? IDK If that is right I can't beat him as I doubt mine will flower this month

update The heads are each half dollar size with a few smaller heads. The crested head stopped growing and is hidden in the back. I also repotted this into a 5 gallon smart pot a month ago.






It would have already if you'd removed those pups :laugh2: Just messin with ya Bro but I'm sure you know that:wink:


Looks Beautiful though :grin:


--------------------
-------------

Check out my Pollen Trade thread for spreading Good genetics far and wide :grin:

Great Vendors thread where we can discuss "Non Shroomery" Vendors that sell good products worth checking into :stoned:

A few things I wanna get my hands on check it out and let me know if you have any of these:grin:


Need help getting started growing mushrooms
              Here's The Noob Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23796526 -

LSoares said:
Applemasher has already flowered a Loph, hasn't he?



I don't know how I missed it as I did add applesmashers flowering update in to the main list :facepalm:

6 weeks left for someone to challenge applesmashers 6 months to flower!


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #23796637 -

modern.shaman said:
update The heads are each half dollar size with a few smaller heads. The crested head stopped growing and is hidden in the back. I also repotted this into a 5 gallon smart pot a month ago.





That is a monster! Amazing. Next time I will keep mine under the sun or LEDs, fluos are nice but you need a lot more than I have to push them this fast.


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: spaceman101]
    #23796639 -

spaceman101 said:
I was hoping for more scales on the Superkabuto though. Hopefully some of mine are more covered.
I wonder if having them grafted to such a fast growing stock could have played a roll in the white that covers it?




I don't know. Superkabutos are hit-and-miss, you need to sow a s**tload to get some decent flecking - and even so...
Maybe it will improve in time, I don't know. What I DO know is that Superkabuto growth on Peres is mediocre at best, I will try something different next time - Hylocereus or Opuntia, perhaps.


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23796999 -

I'm getting decent growth on the one superkabuto that took to the graft... could be just me though..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #23862835 -

I have just read the last post in this topic is three weeks old.  Not a surprise - I think the Ethnobotanical Garden is dying.  Nothing like as many people as a year ago.  And some twat moderator - who never actually comes in the EG - has now BANNED me from using PMs.  As a result of that I am going to have to withdraw the prize I was offering in this competition - if I can´t talk to people privately then I am not bothering.

I think I am going to withdraw myself from the shroomery - I have been a supporter at many times in the past - I have paid money to keep the place going - but when the assholes who run it turn round and spit in your face - well who cares??  If someone can give me a good reason to stay - otherwise I will take my knowledge, experience and money somewhere else.

Come on mostly_harmless - you are our resident mod and a grower - what say you?


--------------------
I am currently BANNED from using Private Messages - so can anyone who wants to contact me do it via my Journal thread.  Link is https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23831115

Maybe some mod or whatever might think this has now been long enough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Spanishfly]
    #23862881 -

I can't get involved in the PM issue, that will be between yourself, the moderator who actioned it, and maybe admin. Have you tried submitting a support ticket?
https://www.shroomery.org/support/public/index.php


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #23862931 -

Mostly_Harmless said:
I can't get involved in the PM issue, that will be between yourself, the moderator who actioned it, and maybe admin. Have you tried submitting a support ticket?
https://www.shroomery.org/support/public/index.php



Thanks for the reply m_h - I would do this in private out of the public gaze, if I could.  But I don´t feel much like chasing around sorting out the twats who bite the hand that feeds them. 

I think I had best just go - unless I get a PM suggesting that might not be the best idea.


--------------------
I am currently BANNED from using Private Messages - so can anyone who wants to contact me do it via my Journal thread.  Link is https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23831115

Maybe some mod or whatever might think this has now been long enough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Spanishfly]
    #23862952 -

:frown:
The best way to bring it to the admins attention is via a support ticket. They are the ones who can review/revoke any moderator actions if resolution was not found through dialogue. I have neither the ability or authority to re-enable PM's for you.


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #23871151 -

OK Mostly_Harmless - thank you for that - I have got a bit less miffed and have raised a ticket.


--------------------
I am currently BANNED from using Private Messages - so can anyone who wants to contact me do it via my Journal thread.  Link is https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23831115

Maybe some mod or whatever might think this has now been long enough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Spanishfly] * 2
    #23894600 -

I´ve been away too long, sorry, aparently lots of thigs happened while I was gone , and I supose others are about to update again soon.
Applesmasher, you made a great comeback dude, no one is close to your time, your plant looks great. What happenned with your T. pseudomachrochele?

Here´s my update:


Sown 05/13/2016:

                                   
1. L. diffusa.    2,3,4,5,6. Astro. Myriostigma.    7. Ariocarpus kotschoubeyanus.


             

Sown 04/30/2016:

                       
1. Ariocarpus sp. from seed mix.        2. Echinocactus platyacanthus.        3. Ariocarpus sp. from seedmix.        4.? from same seed mix as the Arios, but I thought this one to be a Geohintonia, guess  not...


--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba] * 2
    #23909086 -

Not much of an update, but I finally managed to get a flower:

After a few aborted buds, at last! Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus "rubriflorus", sowed 15 April. I must admit my surprise, I never expected such a seasonal species to flower under a constant light regime (12/12).


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23909219 -

Barely 9 months, and such a beauty. unbeliavable.


--------------------



                                                        "The best things in life, come covered in spines."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23909655 -

LSoares said:
Not much of an update, but I finally managed to get a flower:

After a few aborted buds, at last! Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus "rubriflorus", sowed 15 April. I must admit my surprise, I never expected such a seasonal species to flower under a constant light regime (12/12).




Gorgeous!


I can't wait to get in on this for 2017!


--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23910491 -

LSoares said:
Not much of an update, but I finally managed to get a flower:

After a few aborted buds, at last! Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus "rubriflorus", sowed 15 April. I must admit my surprise, I never expected such a seasonal species to flower under a constant light regime (12/12).




"rubriflorus",??? I'm guessing this refers to the color of the flower correct?



That is a beauty Brother  :congrats:


I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Turbs are fairly difficult plants to graft to peres for some reason but Turb. pseudopectinatus seems to be one of the easiest plants I've ever attempted to graft to peres. Every single scion I placed on my stocks last year took Very well and grew very quickly as compared to all the other Turbs. I grafted that took  :justdontknow:



What is your experience with this plant?


--------------------
-------------

Check out my Pollen Trade thread for spreading Good genetics far and wide :grin:

Great Vendors thread where we can discuss "Non Shroomery" Vendors that sell good products worth checking into :stoned:

A few things I wanna get my hands on check it out and let me know if you have any of these:grin:


Need help getting started growing mushrooms
              Here's The Noob Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: spaceman101]
    #23911207 -

I'm probably out unless my grafts take a miraculous growth spurt only thing that looks good is the trichos the rest got destroyed by caterpillars gonna start using BT on the small stuff

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: spaceman101]
    #23915228 -

spaceman101 said:
"rubriflorus",??? I'm guessing this refers to the color of the flower correct?
That is a beauty Brother  :congrats:



Thanks. Yes, the "rubriflorus" part is a way of distinguishing this population from the normal white flowered ones.

spaceman101 said:
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Turbs are fairly difficult plants to graft to peres for some reason but Turb. pseudopectinatus seems to be one of the easiest plants I've ever attempted to graft to peres. Every single scion I placed on my stocks last year took Very well and grew very quickly as compared to all the other Turbs. I grafted that took  :justdontknow:

What is your experience with this plant?



I don't graft Turbinicarpus, they're easy to grow on their own roots and most species will flower on their third year (a lot durting their second).


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23959811 -

...and now it was the time for my first Lophophora flower: Lophophora alberto-vojtechi, 39 weeks from sowing.


I hope wooly areoles mean the same in Astrophytum asterias as they do in Lophs... (34 weeks from sowing):


And this guy continues to behave like an asshole (Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus "rubriflorus" 37 weeks from sowing):


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23960754 -

Nice... mine just keep getting bigger don't think I'll get a flower until spring.



--------------------

Edited by modern.shaman (12/27/16 03:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #23960975 -

That's a nice clump!


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cactus Grafting Competition 2013/2014
( 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 )
naum 41,008 587 08/23/14 05:51 PM
by naum
* Grafting Competition 2012/2013
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
modern.shaman 28,915 332 01/27/14 03:08 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Grafting Contest 2013/2014 Pre-Contest Discussion Thread
( 1 2 all )
naum 2,914 26 09/16/13 06:52 PM
by ferrel_human
* Best grafts poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 841 8 09/23/14 02:45 AM
by LSoares
* Most beautiful poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 905 9 09/23/14 02:55 AM
by LSoares
* Best freaks poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 798 8 09/23/14 02:46 AM
by LSoares
* need help/advice with graft
( 1 2 all )
tryptonite 6,928 22 02/22/13 02:15 AM
by Juke Adro
* *NEW ARTICLE* Published Report Shows That Grafted Lophophora Remain Active And Other Issues Debunked
( 1 2 3 all )
modern.shaman 13,209 56 07/09/13 02:47 AM
by intelligentlife

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
44,477 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.