Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman] * 3
    #23550858 -

I know I did not enter the competition and this counts for nothing, but I wanted to post this here since it is sort of relevant and this is my way of griping about not entering in the first place now that my graft has done surprisingly well.


Lw Seed sowed 4/4/2016

Grafted to pereskiopsis sometime around 5/10/2016

First flower 8/5/2016


This is the fastest I have gone from seed to flower in 4 months or exactly 123 days


June 7



June 18



June 20



July 3



July 17



July 30 (buds!)



August 4



August 5 (First flower!)



August 7 (Second Flower)



August 11 (Third flower)



Sorry if I should have made my own thread for this, I sowed the seed and grafted these two specifically for the competition but then never got around to entering and then too much time had passed. I ended up being very proud of these grafts and just wanted to show them off here :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #23552127 -

modern.shaman said:
LSoares your lopho looks closer to blooming them mine guess it will come down to sow date; mine is 10 weeks in (I think might have counted wrong)


Looks crappy due to flash



Very nice, and I'm sure it will beat mine - 7 weeks is a lifetime for a grafted Loph. :laugh:
Next time I will use natural sunlight, mine have been under fluoros all the time and I'm sure they could do better out in the open.


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: TheTortoise]
    #23552129 -

TheTortoise said:
I ended up being very proud of these grafts and just wanted to show them off here :tongue:



You are rightly proud of them, they look great! Shame on you for not entering! :tongue:


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: TheTortoise]
    #23552130 -

Hey Tortoise - what a brilliant result - and what a shame you did not officially enter !!!  Nice to see my seeds doing so well for you - top quality genetics with a skilled grower.


--------------------
I am currently BANNED from using Private Messages - so can anyone who wants to contact me do it via my Journal thread.  Link is https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23831115

Maybe some mod or whatever might think this has now been long enough.

Edited by Spanishfly (08/18/16 05:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Spanishfly]
    #23566907 -

Tortoise,  :whathesaid: shame on you.

:cheers:
Pretty little plants you've got there, they could alredy make nice rooted specimens. Congratulations.

Thanks for stopping by to show 'em. It'll be a shame if no one beats your time haha.

Hope you get some fruits there.


--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba] * 2
    #23575182 -

Nice job Zed, great pics and plants. I love Loph. a-v., it already has a mature look being so small n.n. I first thought of them to just be smaller koehresii, but after seeing your plants, I can tell they look quite different since young.


Humongous clump Modern. Crossing my fingers for a collective flowering there.


___________________________________________________________________


Here´s next update:

Loph. koehresii triplet graft, the Turbi. pseudopectinatus hasn't done much (sown 04/30/16):


Loph. koehresii (sown 04/30/16):


Loph. koehresii (sown 04/30/16):


Ario. sp. from seed mix (sown 04/30/16):


Albino Mamm. just lost this one, it developed a rot spot and just shriveled down (sown 04/30/16):



Ario. kotscho. var. eleph. a.k.a. the punk cherry(sown 05/13/16):



Loph. difusa, this one started developing red marks around it's areoles, I'm clueless on this thing (sown 05/13/16):



Turbi. ysabelae (sown 04/30/16):



Ario sp. from seed mix (sown 04/30/16):


Astro. myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


Echinocactus platyacanthus (sown 05/13/16):


Astrophytum myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


Astrophytum myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


Geohintonia mexicana from seed mix (sown 04/30/16):


Loph. diffusa under side (sown 05/13/16):


Turbi. ysabelae (sown 04/30/16)


Turbi. ysabelae? I'm starting to think its actually another lophophoroides hybrid. I got all the seedlings in a napkin before surgery and they mixed up (sown 04/30/16):


Astrophytum myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


Astrophytum myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba]
    #23575252 -

Thank you for your kind words. :smile:

ceiba said:
Loph. koehresii triplet graft, the Turbi. pseudopectinatus hasn't done much (sown 04/30/16):





This is so nice, and it's going to look lovely once the plants grow up some.

ceiba said:
Turbi. ysabelae? I'm starting to think its actually another lophophoroides hybrid. I got all the seedlings in a napkin before surgery and they mixed up (sown 04/30/16):





Yes, it looks more like a hybrid of some sort. The former Gymnocactus look very different from this. Still, looking really good. :smile:


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23586975 -

8/13/2016
Grafted 7 super kabuto monstrose seeds & Trichos I think all took -1 that shriveled up in humidity chamber.

8/22/2016 @ midnight
grafted 4 willis seedlings all took

8/22/2016 @ 10:40ish
grafted last 3 super kabuto monstrose seedlings

I kind of mixed the super kabuto monstrose that were grafted on different days so Im not sure which is which in the pics the willis will show themselves eventually though. The trichos are obvious :smile:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: drakenov] * 2
    #23589030 -

August 28 update.
Lophophora alberto-vojtechii, 21 weeks from sowing.


Escobaria abdita, 19 weeks from sowing.


Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus "rubriflorus", 19 weeks from sowing.


Astrophytum Superkabuto, 16 weeks from sowing:


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Edited by LSoares (08/29/16 03:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23589674 -

LSoares said:
August 28 update.
Lophophora alberto-vojtechii, 21 weeks from sowing.


Escobaria abdita, 19 weeks from sowing.


Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus "rubriflorus", 19 weeks from sowing.


Astrophytum Superkabuto, 16 weeks from sowing:




They look awesome man. That a-v is about to pop man. :awethumb:


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23600763 -



I went in for the kill. Or maybe thats overkill. :confused2:

Who won this competition?


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23600770 -

No one yet! Once flowers are posted, a 3 month countdown begins, to account for the sowing window, as it is each individuals sowing time to flowering time, not the competition opening time to flowering time.

The best of categories will go into polls in Spring.


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #23600774 -

So im in for the kill. The bigger the stock the bigger the graft. Hopefully.

And i also hope this is Lophophora alberto-vojtechii. Ebay seed is so shady.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23603090 -

Wow really nice work everybody.  A bunch of you have lophs bigger than ones that I sowed in January and grafted March or April. Clearly I need to work on getting things lined up and attached better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: jimmyBbuffet]
    #23603099 -

yea the one super kabuto I grafted a while ago hasn't done much of anything :/ gotta get these grafts planted into some soil and hopefully they do more :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: drakenov]
    #23603542 -

drakenov said:
yea the one super kabuto I grafted a while ago hasn't done much of anything :/ gotta get these grafts planted into some soil and hopefully they do more :smile:



In my experience, Astrophytum asterias and Superkabuto won't benefit as much as Lophophora (for example) from being grafted to Pereskiopsis. They will grow much faster than on their own roots, but nothing amazing. I wonder if grafting to Hylocereus will make any difference (file under "things to do/test").


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23605651 -

Good to know LSoares thanks!

I'm glad I only had a few of those then :smile: I can concentrate on grafting all the trichos and lophs I have I won't be entering all of the though lol I think that would be overkill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: drakenov]
    #23605739 -

Hylocereus has been an amazing flowering stock for aztekium valdezii much stronger flower power than trichocereus stock. I have 5 upcoming flowers on my graft but sadly I'm still waiting on different clone to flower :S.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba]
    #23607559 -

Thanks Zed. I really want to see haw the triplet graft looks when big, promise I'll post the pics somewhere. I'll have to wait some more months to find out what that gymnocactus is...
You're plants are looking great. Has the a-v flowered? I think i can see a bud seaking inside one tuft.

Nice contestants drakenov.  :rockon:

Ferrel hahaha that definitely is overkill! well it´d be overkill if you gave that trich free foot run. :peyotespectrum: Has it already grown something on that new stock?


--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Edited by ceiba (09/03/16 10:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman] * 1
    #23636017 -

So almost at 14 weeks and still no flower for me but have 5 quarter sized heads :laugh:



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cactus Grafting Competition 2013/2014
( 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 )
naum 41,007 587 08/23/14 05:51 PM
by naum
* Grafting Competition 2012/2013
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
modern.shaman 28,915 332 01/27/14 03:08 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Grafting Contest 2013/2014 Pre-Contest Discussion Thread
( 1 2 all )
naum 2,914 26 09/16/13 06:52 PM
by ferrel_human
* Best grafts poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 841 8 09/23/14 02:45 AM
by LSoares
* Most beautiful poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 905 9 09/23/14 02:55 AM
by LSoares
* Best freaks poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 798 8 09/23/14 02:46 AM
by LSoares
* need help/advice with graft
( 1 2 all )
tryptonite 6,928 22 02/22/13 02:15 AM
by Juke Adro
* *NEW ARTICLE* Published Report Shows That Grafted Lophophora Remain Active And Other Issues Debunked
( 1 2 3 all )
modern.shaman 13,209 56 07/09/13 02:47 AM
by intelligentlife

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
44,477 topic views. 0 members, 23 guests and 21 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.