Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23490048 -

does growth speed correlate with stock length?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: penker]
    #23491656 -

Fuzz nutter, post an update of your loph,  I want to know how did that graft work out.

Fly, good to hear that, post some pics. I'd love to get that plant but on the loph. category I'm waaay behind.

Zed, I'm sorry about your loss man that swaggy loph was real cool.

Argyreia, nice work man, I'd really love to see that red flowering astro in bloom, it'll be quite a display.

Modern, nice little freak you got there, it'll form a nice clump. hope that pup is crested.

Ferrel, Nice lophs man. What type of netting do you use to shade 'em?
Hope I'll win, but nothing is sure until one of those buds open and time is given for someone to challenge me. I'm crossing my fingers so this flowers don't go aborted.


--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba]
    #23492389 -

Shade netting i bought from lowes years back. Im surprised its lasted this many years. 7 yrs old to be exact. Been exposed to the sun all these years.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human] * 1
    #23508682 -

Thanks ferrel, I'll look for something like it, looks sturdy, it'll come handy to make a shaded spot outside the greenhouse.

penker, I do think that stock length is somewhat related to scion growth, to some extent, also root space should be accounted. Making a new thread for questions like this will get you more answers and will help threads to stay in topic.

A quick update:

The Turbi. lophophoroides. I think it opened yesterday, but when I got home, it was already closed, hope I can catch it open later today.  (sown 04/30/2016):



Edited by ceiba (08/04/16 07:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba]
    #23511145 -

From now on I'll try to make an update every one or two weeks. Here's the new one (pics were taken last friday).

Albino mammi. (sown 04/30/16):


Astro. myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


Astro. myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


Ario. kotscho. (sown 04/30/16):


Albino ? Ario. sp. still alive, but hasn't moved yet:


Ario. sp. from seed mix. Guess it's not an albino after all, but still  quite cool and maybe variegated(sown 04/30/16):


Echinocactus platyacanthus (sown 05/13/16):


Geohintonia  mexicana  from seed mix (sown 04/30/16):


Ario. sp. from seed mix.(sown 04/30/16):


Astro. myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


Astro. myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


Loph. diffusa (sown 05/13/16):


Astro. myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


Loph. koehresii (sown 04/30/16)


Loph. koehresii (sown 04/30/16)


Loph. koehresii (sown 04/30/16)


--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba]
    #23511191 -

Ceiba! Man those are some nice shots. Your photography skills are surpassed only by your spiky green thumb :greenthumb: love the Echinocactus platyacanthus and the Turbi. lophophorides!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: jimmyBbuffet] * 1
    #23515311 -

My submission isn't doing great. I must not have lined it up properly. I think I cut the scion too close to the base where there was no clearly defined ring. Anywho, it's alive and slowly growing


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Fuzz-nutter]
    #23516657 -

My graft had amazing growth with 1 week. I'm pretty sure that the crest pup is 'stable' and is a crest rather than just multi-headed.

Today was too cloudy to take photos so I should update tomorrow. The apex of the pups are getting 'fuzzy' but not really woolly so not sure if it is about to flower or about to pup.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Fuzz-nutter]
    #23517255 -

Fuzz-nutter said:
My submission isn't doing great. I must not have lined it up properly. I think I cut the scion too close to the base where there was no clearly defined ring. Anywho, it's alive and slowly growing





:asianofapproval:


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23519202 -

So here is another update. There has been a LOT of growth this past week and you can see that the center of some pups are quite woolly. The last photo shows what seems to be a legit crest hopefully it lasts. :laugh:



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #23519968 -

Thats nice modern. Wish i was almost there. Another year lost.:sad:


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human] * 2
    #23530609 -

Thanks for the kind words p0stij :smile:

Fuzz nutter, still your plant is huge man.

Damn modern, that loph's crazy. Hope you can clone that crested pup.

Well, I believe I ow you some flower pics...

As you can see there is the first flower, already dry (sown 04/30/2016):


And here the next ones open, since it was quite rainy, I wasn´t able to get them totally open:


Also, here is this week update:

Loph. koehresii (sown 04/30/16):


Loph. koehresii (sown 04/30/16):


Loph. koehresii (sown 04/30/16):


Albino Mamm. sp. (sown 04/30/16):


Albino ? Ario sp. still alive, and possibly plumping (sown 04/30/16):


Astro. myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


Astro. myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


E. platyacanthus(sown 05/13/16):


Ario. sp. (sown 04/30/16):


Ario. kotscho. (sown 04/30/16):


Ario. sp. from seed mix. starting to pup (sown 04/30/16):


Loph. diffusa under side (05/13/16):


Astro. myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


Astro. myriostigma (sown 05/13/16):


Loph diffusa(05/13/16):


--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Edited by ceiba (08/11/16 08:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #23533939 -

modern.shaman said:
For all those in the US that participate and keep posting updates of their grafts will ALL get a small rooted 'bridgesii crest'. This is only for US members due high cost of international shipping. This will be sent at the end of the competition. This is a clone that has been called 'cv Lucy'. Depending on the amount of members participating I will send more then 1 small cutting to all.



Hey Modern, I'd be willing to pay the shipping costs for that bridgesii crest.

hehe guess I went a bit too far, sorry. It wont ever happen.




Edited by ceiba (08/12/16 05:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba]
    #23533954 -

ceiba said:
modern.shaman said:
For all those in the US that participate and keep posting updates of their grafts will ALL get a small rooted 'bridgesii crest'. This is only for US members due high cost of international shipping. This will be sent at the end of the competition. This is a clone that has been called 'cv Lucy'. Depending on the amount of members participating I will send more then 1 small cutting to all.



Hey Modern, I've been a good guy, and have updated my grafts constantly, I'm not from US, but I'm willing to pay the shipping costs or somethig in exchange for that bridgesii crest :wink: (think about it)



:rules:

Cmon man. I would hate for you to get into trouble.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23535535 -

Thanks for spotting it ferrel.

Just meant to show my interest for the plant and to my willingnes to cooperate, but yeah thats prety much hookng up for a trade... I know the rules. I'll be more prudent now on.


--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba]
    #23547833 -

So not to discourage anyone but I'm pretty sure I'll have a flower in a week or two :smile:. Graft seemed slow at first but is blowing up like a balloon. The crested section stopped growing but hopefully it will start again later... may need to hack it up and regraft.

Will post picture tomorrow.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #23549130 -

damn modern that'll bee a display. Pics pls!


--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba]
    #23549140 -

All contestants please keep updating your competitors. It has been of great enjoyment for me to see your work and the progress of your plants.

I feel that having pics of your plants (even if they didn't win) can further enrich this thread. Also I believe seeing other's collections and work, is one of the biggest perks of participating in this contest.

I'll say it again.  Please don't stop posting, I'm a pic junky, and got cravings to fix lol.

I'll post this week's update in the coming days.


--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares] * 1
    #23549259 -

July 30 update.
Lophophora alberto-vojtechii, 17 weeks from sowing.


Escobaria abdita, 15 weeks from sowing.


Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus "rubriflorus", 15 weeks from sowing.


Astrophytum Superkabuto, 12 weeks from sowing:


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Edited by LSoares (08/17/16 08:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares] * 2
    #23550488 -

LSoares your lopho looks closer to blooming them mine guess it will come down to sow date; mine is 10 weeks in (I think might have counted wrong)


Looks crappy due to flash


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cactus Grafting Competition 2013/2014
( 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 )
naum 41,007 587 08/23/14 05:51 PM
by naum
* Grafting Competition 2012/2013
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
modern.shaman 28,915 332 01/27/14 03:08 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Grafting Contest 2013/2014 Pre-Contest Discussion Thread
( 1 2 all )
naum 2,914 26 09/16/13 06:52 PM
by ferrel_human
* Best grafts poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 841 8 09/23/14 02:45 AM
by LSoares
* Most beautiful poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 905 9 09/23/14 02:55 AM
by LSoares
* Best freaks poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 798 8 09/23/14 02:46 AM
by LSoares
* need help/advice with graft
( 1 2 all )
tryptonite 6,928 22 02/22/13 02:15 AM
by Juke Adro
* *NEW ARTICLE* Published Report Shows That Grafted Lophophora Remain Active And Other Issues Debunked
( 1 2 3 all )
modern.shaman 13,209 56 07/09/13 02:47 AM
by intelligentlife

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
44,477 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.