Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCucuman
Cucuhunter
Best time to look for manure shrooms
    #2344840 - 02/17/04 08:06 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if any one can give me some tips on when is best to hunt for shrooms. I whent one time to a cow field that I have nearby and return with 3 plastic bags full of shrooms, that time it had been raining for 2 days. I when to the same place a couple of days a go after a 1 day rain, and couldn't find any!
So how long or how much rain they need to get?
how fast do they normally grow and how long does it take for them to rot/disappear?
does the moon cicle affect their growth or year season (it's always hot around here)?

thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Cucuman]
    #2345008 - 02/17/04 09:31 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Best time to look for manure shrooms [Re: Cucuman]
    #2345481 - 02/17/04 11:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Umm...

Well, where do you live? All mushrooms are different, I am assuming you are talking about Ps. cubensis, but, its hard to read minds.

It depends a lot on environmental conidtions and the species of mushrooms.

If your living in Fla, and talking about cubensis, I would imagine their growth cycle would take anywhere from 1-6 days after a rain.

OfflineCucuman
Cucuhunter
Re: Best time to look for manure shrooms [Re: ]
    #2345518 - 02/17/04 12:07 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks agryshroom, I'm in south america at the moment. I'm preaty sure they are cubensis.
About the faq, I've already read the faqs and a bunch of docs. I'm looking for some personal experiences. Like in the faqs talks about looking for them at night, I had best experiences looking them in the ealy morning before the hot sun.. any one else from south america to share their experiences?

Edited by Cucuman (02/17/04 12:10 PM)

Offlineteen
Yeee Haaww

#2346863 - 02/17/04 05:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I pick Copelandia Cyanecens, and I tend to get more success when it's been raining for several hours in the evening/night, and I pick at about 9am the next morning before they've had a chance to dry out in the 38*C scorch.

I keep an eye on the weather reports, on the internet, so I can anticipate when it's shroom day.

This friday is shroom day!

--------------------
Don't give me that load of bunk~!

OfflineSubucni
..Trippin..
    #2346999 - 02/17/04 05:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I searched for shrooms in a field behind my friends house. Cowshit was everywhere and it just got done raining for like 3 days. (this was during the summer) We only found like 6 shrooms. I don't know the species, but we decided not to eat them when we realized there were little white maggot looking things eating holes through the caps! O_o freaky..

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Best time to look for manure shrooms [Re: Subucni]
    #2347057 - 02/17/04 05:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You should have decided not to eat them because you didn't know the species, not because they had maggots. Maggots aren't poisonous, just gross.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Best time to look for manure shrooms [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2347401 - 02/17/04 07:38 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ditto and they are a great source of protein. Mopst cube eaters do not realize that every shroom they pick, once they takle it from the ground, the worms began thie eir long ascent up the hollow portion of the stem towards the cap where they eat the cap completely up and dance the dance of the seven veils of Fatima, the worm worshipers.

I have pictures I posted here already abouit that. But those worms began growing the instant the shroom is roipped form its roots.

mj

OfflineCucuman
Cucuhunter
Re: Best time to look for manure shrooms [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2358163 - 02/20/04 05:34 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for your replies

Offlinekenjaman
half-a-centurypsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pinellas County, Florida
Re: Best time to look for manure shrooms [Re: teen]
    #2363285 - 02/21/04 10:29 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I am a cope hunter too - more by default than anything else - that's the only kind I've found so far. Questions: What is the general time from ready mycilem for shrooms to pop up? ....after rain? I've been trying to find a forcasting method that works for me.

--------------------
LIFE IS WONDERFUL!!!
Is it god or is it prozac?
Or are they one and the same?

LiC - kenja

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
Re: Best time to look for manure shrooms [Re: kenjaman]
    #2391051 - 03/01/04 11:57 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thats just sick MJ :wink:

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Best time to look for manure shrooms [Re: PsiloSteve]
    #2391192 - 03/01/04 12:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

YEs Psilosteve, but those are the facts of the matter. The worms are protein and they are in every cubensis picked from manure heaps all over the world. IT is there purpose to be born in shroom which began with a manure heap and a fly who left her eggts to hatch. Here is an image to give you an idea of what I speak

and a few worms eting an already eaten shroom cap of cubensis from Koh Samui. The little white fellas are the worms.

And then the worms are sooooo high from the shrooms the ants can smell them and then they come and eat the shroom worms and then the ants also get high.

Here are a few ants attacking the shroom worms who have compeltely overnight eaten the large giant shroom cap of P. cubensis.

So PsiloSteve, there you have it. An exicting adventure and Bon Appetite

mj

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
Re: Best time to look for manure shrooms [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2397938 - 03/03/04 10:34 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I hope you didn't eat that one  :shake:  I found quite a few with maggots in them myself so I know what you mean.  Is there anything to get rid of those damn things?  They crawl right up the stem and into the cap.  It is the grossest shit I've ever seen.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Best time to look for manure shrooms [Re: PsiloSteve]
    #2399581 - 03/03/04 04:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Dry the shrooms out before they start to eat the caps up. lay them in the sun right away upon getting h0ome or any kinda neon lighting (flourescent).

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate