Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThe_Gnome_King
journeyman
Best way to Wash shrooms & f*@cking insects!
    #332946 - 06/03/01 09:28 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

What's the best way to wash fresh mushrooms as to not get them too water logged? Up to now I've just been lightly rinsing and rubbing them under a tap, but I highly doubt that's getting rid of all the cow shit. I wonder how much cow shit I've accidently eaten...

Also, those f*#cking insects have ruined my best Psilocybin Cubensis ever. I opened the beast up to find all these tiny black bugs in there. Now she's only good for a spore print (if that - not fully opened). Are those tiny insects related to the small but not so tiny maggots that are somethimes found in mushrooms? I hate those things. I wonder how many of them I have accidently eaten...

How do I help ensure the mushrooms I pick are parasite free? (e.g. timing, time of day, humidity, what?)

Thanx for any help!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAIRDOG
Surfing Psychodelia
Male User Gallery

Re: Best way to Wash shrooms & f*@cking insects! [Re: The_Gnome_King]
    #333130 - 06/03/01 03:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Eat em with them bugs, they have eaten part of the mushroom and the psilocybin is still in their bellies... hehehe

isnt it obvious??? pick the fresher mushrooms, eating the maggots wont harm you...

OfflineThe_Gnome_King
journeyman
Re: Best way to Wash shrooms & f*@cking insects! [Re: AIRDOG]
    #333487 - 06/03/01 11:20 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

Eat em with them bugs

Uh...no thanks. :frown:

In reply to:

isnt it obvious???

Well it's obvious that fresher shrooms are not as rotten, yes.  What I wanted to know was is there a certain time of day/climate/conditions/location/whatever that make the mushrooms rot more easily?  Like is best to go 12 hours after rain or 36 hours after?  Is it better to look in hilly places or flats places? etc.

Offlineforax
    #334750 - 06/05/01 01:49 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by forax (09/28/08 06:29 PM)

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: Best way to Wash shrooms & f*@cking insects! [Re: forax]
    #334760 - 06/05/01 01:55 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:laugh: No, it doesn't.  If I'm going to be creeping around in paddocks, picking psychadelic fungi out of piles of shit, I can't take what I'm doing to seriously, can I?

Note: I am Gnome King, changed my alias

Drinking affords an excuse to pursue the one
activity that truly gives me pleasure:
hooking up with fat, easy girls

Offlineaussishroomhead
enthusiast
Re: Best way to Wash shrooms & f*@cking insects! [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #334855 - 06/05/01 03:54 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

HAha I know exactly what you are talking about.
My friends and I noticed the crunchy sensation in the cap and one day when I was washing them I relised what the crunching was. I found heaps of little white maggot\worms which are about 1\2 cm long and little black bugs which accounts for the crunchiness.YUMMY
They dont bother me when I think about it, its probably safer eating those maggot infested mushrooms than shaking someones hand and eating straight after.
I wash mine in the bath with me. Weird ay

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Best way to Wash shrooms & f*@cking insects! [Re: aussishroomhead]
    #334866 - 06/05/01 04:31 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

They dont bother me when I think about it, its probably safer eating those maggot infested mushrooms than shaking someones hand and eating straight after.
I wash mine in the bath with me. Weird ay

YUK! That's absolutley disgusting! That maggot eating thing is pretty gross, too.

Drinking affords an excuse to pursue the one
activity that truly gives me pleasure:
hooking up with fat, easy girls

Offlineaussishroomhead
enthusiast
    #334908 - 06/05/01 07:20 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I found out a little method that seem ed to work with me.
When I washed my shrooms about an hour ago I held the cap under water , holding the stem at the base then I spun the cap around back and forth, spinning it on its axis. after doing that I noticed a dark cloud of grime and yes those pesky little barstards floating away from it. Give it a try.

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Best way to Wash shrooms & f*@cking insects! [Re: aussishroomhead]
    #334939 - 06/05/01 08:33 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

I noticed a dark cloud of grime and yes those pesky little barstards floating away from it

Hmmm. You sure it wasn't a dark cloud of spores floating away from it? As for those little insects, fuck 'em. I hate the fucking little things - actually, I don't mind the tiny little black bugs, but I think they make the maggots and I do hate them. Is it those tiny, tiny little black ones? They're so small you can't even see that they're bugs until they start hopping around.

Give me a woman that loves beer and I could conquer the world

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #335215 - 06/05/01 03:38 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Well what I have found of shrooms, it seems that bugs and larvae are much more commonly found in mushrooms growing in the shade, in the forest under trees in the shade. Well that is where most of the shrooms tend to grow anyways. The mushrooms that grow out in a open grassy part of the field with no shade are always best, even in potency, even though the sun hits the caps, the caps seem to like the suntan they get from the sun and the Bugs actually eat away at the potency of the shroom.

So, when i pick a cube i turn it over right away and look at the gills of the shroom and if theres any suspicion of the black shroom-bugs being in there, then I just give a nice strong breath of air into the gills, and presto, those black bugs jump right out. Dont be shy to give it and big strong breath of air into the gills because it seems to work very good for myself. So blow into them gills and watch them scatter, it really work.s

The bigger and older the shroom the more bugs youll get...unless its a open field shroom, most of the time open field shrooms are in perfect condition because of the sunshine.

However the stems never seem to have many problems, just the caps. Doesnt bother me any, I just keep on shroomin and figure it out as I go.

Sometimes I use two bags when i know there will be some larvae problems. One bag for all the best fruit and another for the ones with larvae.

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Best way to Wash shrooms & f*@cking insects! [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #335430 - 06/05/01 07:59 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

"One bag for all the best fruit and another for the ones with larvae. "
Egh! YUK. What is it about maggots that makes my skin crawl!? Yuk. Why do you bother collecting them at all!?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #335564 - 06/05/01 10:37 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The second bag with the infested caps is carefully dried for preservation. The bugs will eat away at the caps a little for the first day or so, and whatever is left is still good enough for myself to eat at a later date. Some caps I do not even bother collecting, as I know they wont survive the drying process, so I still pick them because I love to pick cubes, I take the stem and leave the cap on the cow shit I found it on. . The stems of these mushrooms are still always good. And i regularly have been known to give the less desireables to the homeless for free tripping. They dont complain, nobody ever complains about free mushroom. Well, maybe a Cultivator would complain, but I simply wont explain any further upon that. :)

The better of the bag is for myself and friends to consume and enjoy. Extras are printed and dried seperately from buggy caps. And works fine for myself.

A pasture filled with Copelandias is almost the same, but I end up leaveing a lot more of the bigger caps behind, as there are 100x's more little copelandias to pick than in a good cube field. I take every Copelandia stem as you cant lose with drying them. They dry up perfect in two days or so. Cope caps are a tougher judgement, as if picking many dozen doses worth everyday they couldnt all possibly be eaten so they must be dried. And the caps are a trick to dry. So I take just small to medium sized caps with stems and then leave most of the larger caps behind only taking the stems of those.

You know you can always give growing them in a test tube a good shot!~ That way you dont have to deal with those Fucking Bugs, dude.
Better yet, I advise you to Thoughrouly Wash every one of your shrooms for at least 15 minutes under warm water, and then soak them in a bowl of water over-night. Homie.
The longer you soak them in water the better off you are going to be.

Keep on shroomin,
GG

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Best way to Wash shrooms & f*@cking insects! [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #335737 - 06/06/01 01:28 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

give the less desireables to the homeless for free tripping

No shit! And they actually appreciate that? They know what it is and what to expect? Wow. I wonder if you freaked the fuck out of any of them...I guess a low dose is kind of like being stoned, so that may be enjoyable for them.

In reply to:

Better yet, I advise you to Thoughrouly Wash every one of your shrooms for at least 15 minutes under warm water, and then soak them in a bowl of water over-night.

Really. Huh. 15 minutes you say? Why so long? And why the soaking? You'd think they'd just rot.

Thanks for your help, GGreatOne!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification