Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
John Edwards
    #2378024 -

I don't know how many of you are for or against this guy, but I will be voting for him this year. It is my first chance to vote, and I will be taking full advantadge of it. May I ask who the rest of you will be voting for, and why?


--------------------
==================================================

mind, not matter, is causation




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Edwards [Re: orion]
    #2378026 -

John Kerry--Through careful deliberation over the matter I determined that he is not George W. Bush, thus logically (in a pluralistic system) i have to vote for him [assuming he wins the nomination of course]. I would rather vote for nader or kucinich, but strategically, i dont have that opportunity. but hey, when it comes down to it, compromise is wholly necessary in politics.


--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Edwards [Re: Tao]
    #2378105 -

So you'll vote for what you consider to be the best of bad choices come election time?


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Edwards [Re: orion]
    #2378481 -

Cthulu for President

why settle for the lesser of two evils?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Edwards [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2378976 -

uh-oh...


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Edwards [Re: orion]
    #2379149 -

It took me a very long time to decide on whom to support during the democratic primaries. There are things I don't like about Kerry, but I think he'd make a fine president.

Although I don't like Edwards' background as a big time malpractice attourney, I think that's really the least of our problems at the moment, and am willing to set that single difference aside. I think he's a good man who is running for president because he believes he can make things better - it's certainly not for the money. He has some fine ideas, and I believe he can rally the people of the country around him and diminish the partisanship which has reached heretofore unheardof heights under Le Shrub. (not that I'm innocent of that, myself, mind you..)

Anyway, I've been actively supporting and campaigning for Edwards for the last few weeks. There's still time.


--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Edwards [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2379517 -

Well, to tell you the truth, I feel if i don't vote in this election, I have no right to complain about what is being done or not done to the country afterwards. I like to complain, so I will do what I can to put someone in office who is less corrupt than most others. Basically, yes. Come election time, if John Edwards' names is on that ballot, he has my vote.


--------------------
==================================================

mind, not matter, is causation




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Edwards [Re: orion]
    #2380023 -

Well, afoaf caught where I was going. Some of the less respectable (hell, the more dishonest moronic members) attempted to use the fact that I sometimes vote for the best of bad choices, as an insult. Didn't work because when you're comfortable with who you are and what you do it's damn near impossible to be insulted.

Funny how none of them razed Tao for stating his intention to do the same thing.

Can you say.... hypocrisy? I betcha ya can.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Edwards [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2387762 -

I like Edwards to a certain point. But I think all politicians are scumbags.Edwards gets my choice between him, Kerry, and Bush. A lesser of the evils type of thing. I have a feeling we might see a Kerry/Edwards ticket, however. Although I have heard Edwards shoot down Bill Maher when he suggested that. Edwards said "No, I don't want to be v.p, I want to be president!" So we'll see. I hate Kerry. I can't help it. He gives me the creeps. I don't care that he's from Mass. He hasn't done shit for my state.

I personally like Kucinich a lot, at least from what I've seen so far. At least he isn't afraid to stand up for opinions that might not be popular(one of which is decriminalizing marijuana-finally someone takes a stand!) Too bad he doesn't stand a chance.

I think George Carlin said it best when he said "On election day, I stay home. I think people who don't vote are the ones who have the right to bitch. I didn't put this asshole in office, you did!" that wasn't an exact quote, but it's kind of true  :lol:


--------------------
"The United States is nation of laws; badly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

"If the police ever come knocking, I'm hiding my lava lamp before I hide my piece"-elsd

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Edwards [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2387917 -

luvdemshrooms said:
So you'll vote for what you consider to be the best of bad choices come election time?



Sometimes, that's what it comes down to...especially this year. We can't afford four more years of Bush!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: John Edwards [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2388322 -

The sound if silence is so delicious!

The evidence of hypocrisy has never been more clear.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* So much for the "Edwards boost" luvdemshrooms 753 12 07/09/04 01:20 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* John Kerry's War Vote: Profiles in Political Calculation? Ancalagon 800 3 08/22/04 07:18 PM
by zappaisgod
* Edwards' health plan skips slippery slope, starts in the abyss
( 1 2 all )
zappaisgod 2,482 38 12/04/07 03:50 AM
by Seuss
* Like Edwards, Obama Ditches Fox News Debate
( 1 2 all )
lonestar2004 4,778 27 04/11/07 08:08 AM
by fireworks_god
* edwards speaks the truth... Annapurna1 1,292 15 05/26/07 06:28 PM
by FrenchSocialist
* Iran: a war is coming (John Pilger)
( 1 2 3 all )
Arp 5,713 45 02/28/09 01:54 AM
by Redstorm
* Kerry picks Edwards!!!! KingOftheThing 579 5 07/06/04 06:46 PM
by silversoul7
* John Kerry gets my vote
( 1 2 all )
LaCasta 2,812 38 12/14/03 02:32 AM
by havatampa

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,018 topic views. 4 members, 4 guests and 16 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.