Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHiMyNameIs
Stranger
my brf verm cakes just dont make shrooms!
    #2375842 - 02/25/04 10:59 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hi, they fuly colinate wonderfully,

then I birth them and a few tiny pins may show up but the mycelium just continues to grow

I have changed temps and humidity I am at a loss I have so many cakes and so few full growns to show for it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: my brf verm cakes just dont make shrooms! [Re: HiMyNameIs]
    #2375849 - 02/25/04 11:03 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

more air exhange and more exposure to light. keep the temp around 72-76F and rh at 90-99% higher is better, mist walls after you fan too (if your fanning)

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleMoNk
pupil

#2375884 - 02/25/04 11:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Coldshock / Dunk?

OfflineCooltuba
Mycostudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Home
    #2376037 - 02/25/04 12:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Seriously, if you want to grow shrooms, build a PMP and do casings. It's an advanced method, but if you have problems maintaining proper air exchange, temps, and humidity (which is probably the case as the cakes are fully colinized but not pinning) then this will make things easier. It costs a little more to pay for the matierials for the pmp, and it's not a cakewalk to build, but then the mushies don't require as much daily attention. I don't know about you, but for me, fanning 4 times a day was a bitch and it still wasn't enough air exchange! Our fungi friends grow best with 2-3 fresh air exchanges per HOUR!!! Try the pmp and casings, I guarantee you'll be much happier.

--Cooltuba

--------------------
Above musings are entirely fictional.  I do not grow mushrooms nor do I associate with anyone who does.

DRUGS ARE BAD!  MMMMKAY?

Offlinecrazychemist
Spreader ofSpores

Re: my brf verm cakes just dont make shrooms! [Re: Cooltuba]
    #2376641 - 02/25/04 03:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You do not need a PMP to do casing. PMP are for cakes. I do verm/coir casing and have nothing in my tub but the casing. I humidify with a spray bottle on the sides. Has worked great for me, on my third grow this way.

--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

OfflineCooltuba
Mycostudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Home
Re: my brf verm cakes just dont make shrooms! [Re: crazychemist]
    #2377003 - 02/25/04 07:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You don't need the geolite and inch of water for casings in the pmp, but building a pmp is a great way to insure proper air exchange. True, casings don't need as much humidity as cakes, but they do need just as much air exchange. I use an ultrasonic in my pmp, on for two minutes an hour. This keeps the pmp at about 85? RH.

--Cooltuba

--------------------
Above musings are entirely fictional.  I do not grow mushrooms nor do I associate with anyone who does.

DRUGS ARE BAD!  MMMMKAY?

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #2377161 - 02/25/04 08:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Please post your growing conditions so we can help you figgure out what your problem is.

Temps?

Humidity?

Air Exchange?

Light?

Also which strain....and how old the colonized cakes are.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: my brf verm cakes just dont make shrooms! [Re: Roadkill]
    #2458706 - 03/21/04 09:13 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

dunk/coldshock them if you didnt, drop the temp to induce pinning; 70-74 F. also rolling them in verm after the dunk/shock helps pins formation, thank magash for that one. also too much light can hurt, or not enough complete darkness.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds