Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLuciferX
ape

Re: Best strain to case
    #23679 - 07/09/00 07:52 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Nearly all cube strains will do better cased than on cakes. In my experience, B+, and GT do very well cased, and produce very large potent fruits. As far as colonization speeds, B+ does very well, and cambodia is supposed to very fast as well even though I have yet to grow it. (im attempting it now).

------------------
Warning:
LuciferX causes lung cancer, heart disease, Emphysema, and may complicate pregancy.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Best strain to case [Re: LuciferX]
    #23681 - 07/10/00 05:59 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

none faster than the pf classic, with the GT hot on its' heels.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Anonymous

#23682 - 07/10/00 03:54 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

it's true, the PF strain is very quick to colonize, and its tougher against contam, but I heard they don't do as well cased.

OfflinePappaKaps
enthusiast
    #23683 - 07/10/00 04:05 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Since we are talking about it here....I have like 3 PF syringes in the fridge, and was wondering if they are OK to case? I've heard PF's don't do very well in casings, is this true?? I also have equadors in there also, are they fairly quick?

Anonymous

#23684 - 07/11/00 01:40 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Seriously My friends GT's fully colonized on his substrate 2 weeks after innoculation, this seems extremely fast too me and he had a 0% contam rate, he likes GTs very much.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #23685 - 07/11/00 06:37 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

that's crap.
pf classic does quite well cased, it's just about all there was to grow a few years ago and everyone cased it then and got good results.
can anyone give any reason why it would not do well other than 'somebody said...' ?

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlinetom
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Nope
    #23686 - 07/12/00 08:35 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

The PF book says not to case and that cakes will give you more yield. But you don't have to believe the people who introduced this variety.

--------------------
"It must be your stamps girl... cause it aint your face" -- Juvenile

"Only in America does someone order a cheese burger, large fries, and a diet Coke" -- ?

"DXMHEAD420 ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

OfflineShaker
    #23687 - 07/12/00 09:03 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

B+ gets a 7.5 out of 10
Cambodia gets an 8-8.5 out of ten.
I've never had a 10.
And that relates only to growing, not effect.

B+ is good but took a while to colonize the cake and then to colonize in the casing layer, I'd do them again, and am right now as a matter of fact, but I'm also doing PC Cambodia and it is FAST in every respect.
I've also noticed that the Cambodia also seems to do VERY well at killing off contams. I had 2 out of 20 jars get a contam before full colonization, and the mycelium grew right over it and "ate" it. When I cased I paid special attention to these cakes and they had NO sign of comtams inside. Two B+ cakes DID have a contam INSIDE the cake tho...and I think this is another good thing about casing, it lets you see whats inside the cake long before you get fruit.

Shaker

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds