Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem
    #2367543 - 02/22/04 11:23 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, this creep, whom I and my wife both contributed money to over the years has decided again to run for President of the USA.

Wlll last time the asshole caused Al Gore to lose the election and now the fucker comes back again to run as an independant. Obviously no party will support him or no party will throw their support his way.

I wonder if that fucker works for George Bush's family. He will most likely cause Bush to win re-election and that in itself makes Nadar the Biggest Asshole of the Century.

I despise this man and today mailed his campaign organization my thoughts on this shit.

What does everyone else think about this crap?

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2367606 - 02/22/04 11:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
I wonder if that fucker works for George Bush's family.
mj

Same thing crossed my mind. Looks like the powers at be are installing the outcome before the polls even open :thumbdown:.

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2367609 - 02/22/04 11:42 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

In 2000 he was making a serious run, and he got his share of votes. Now he won't get so many votes cause people remember 2000. I have no idea what his motivation is. Maybe he thinks he's "cool". Maybe he drives to get off baby.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2367622 - 02/22/04 11:46 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

he wont be on the ballot in most states..only in states like ohio that the repoops need to win...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2367669 - 02/22/04 12:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think anything that keeps the current crop of dems out of office is a good thing. GW isn't much better but the continuity of keeping liberals out of the office is important.

Go Ralph!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2367863 - 02/22/04 12:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Go Ralph!

I bet you had your "go ralph nader" bumper sticker on your car weeks ago.

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: mabus]
    #2367889 - 02/22/04 12:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not a user of bumper stickers.

I tattooed it on my forehead.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #2367894 - 02/22/04 12:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't know he was running this year. I hope he doesn't mess things up too. I'd like to see Bush & co. go.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2368002 - 02/22/04 01:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'll be voting for Ralph Nader in November.

I think the concept that Nader cost Gore the election was manufactured by people who want to make sure a 3rd party never gets a foothold.

As long as everyone's turned off by voting 3rd party, we can keep our "two party" system.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblehawk
Stranger
    #2368246 - 02/22/04 02:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think the people are so tired of Bush that they will realize that it is in every bodies best interest to not vote for Nader. I think that him running as an independent this time will slow down any band wagon that was started.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: Learyfan]
    #2368328 - 02/22/04 02:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The nation's never going to wake up in high enough numbers to overcome our two-party system just by voting for a third-party candidate. Besides, to vote for a third-party candidate, you have to place principles above pragmatism.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2368372 - 02/22/04 02:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I think the concept that Nader cost Gore the election was manufactured by people who want to make sure a 3rd party never gets a foothold. As long as everyone's turned off by voting 3rd party, we can keep our "two party" system.

I also think the argument that Nader lost the 2000 election for Gore is weak, but I do not understand Nader's motivations this time around nor will I support him.

In order for a 3rd party to emerge as a powerful player in American politics, they will need a massive grassroots movement or some sort of massive funding source. Otherwise, they would never raise to the level of the Democratic/Republican parties. If someone like Nader runs for president (the highest position in the land) without any grassroots movement or funding, they will not accomplish much. It seems like a futile exercise of ego, especially when you compare what 3rd electoral campaigns can accomplish in different avenues - local and state or Congressional office.

I do not understand why people will the least chance of winning and with the smallest amount of funding/support waste so much resource and energy running for one of the most unattainable offices in the world. Personally, I think it is simply ego-stroking masscarading as idealism.

I think if Ralph Nader actually desired to work for substancial and sustainable change, he would run for an office that he could at least have a chance to win. Why doesnt he run for a seat in Congress or a state Governor? Why does he continue to shoot for the impossible?

Sure, fuck the two-party stranglehold over the decision-making processes that occur in Washington DC. But at least have a winable and realistic plan that has a possibility of fruiting...Nader has nothing of the sort.

Working on campaigns that will never see victory will only lead to alienation and cynicism and apathy. Nader needs to take a clue from guerilla warefare and realize the importance of fighting winnable battles and building upon such successes.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Anonymous

deleted [Re: Xochitl]
    #2368411 - 02/22/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

deleted

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #2368414 - 02/22/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I think the concept that Nader cost Gore the election was manufactured by people who want to make sure a 3rd party never gets a foothold.

What third "party" is that? The Nader Party? Didnt the Green Party, the third party option in 2000, pretty much disown Ralph? I wont say a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush, because its not. Its more like a -1 for the dems.

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem [Re: Xochitl]
    #2368415 - 02/22/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sure, fuck the two-party stranglehold

Stop whinning, vote nader!

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2368427 - 02/22/04 03:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'll be voting for Ralph Nader in November.

me2 :grin: 
Quote:

Wants to end the war on drugs
The drug war has failed ? we spend nearly $50 billion annually on the drug war and problems related to drug abuse continue to worsen. We need to acknowledge that drug abuse is a health problem with social and economic consequences. Therefore, the solutions are ? public health, social services and economic development and tender supportive time with addicts in our depersonalized society. Law enforcement should be at the edges of drug control not at the center. It is time to bring some illegal drugs within the law by regulating, taxing and controlling them. Ending the drug war will dramatically reduce street crime, violence and homicides related to underground drug dealing.

:stash:

--------------------

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
    #2368566 - 02/22/04 04:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Stop whinning, vote nader!

Whining and ego-stroking and sloganeering is all Nader and his following can accomplish without a plan based in reality. Without a plan, there is no victory. Without victory, a movement dies. A dead movement leads to alienation. Alienation leads to defection.

Nader does not have a plan.

Imagine if all of the Nader supporters (I was one) of 1996-2000 had concentrated more on grassroots local, state, and Congressional campaigns instead of "shooting for the stars" by running for the most unattainable office in the world, there would change and resistance and the growing foundation for a successful 3rd party presidential bid.

Because we all focused a majority of our energy on a presidential campaign, there is very little movement and foundation today.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2368639 - 02/22/04 04:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It all sounds like whinning to me. You have a chance to vote for a third party in Nov and you won't.
concentrated more on grassroots local, state, and Congressional campaigns
Thats even harder than nader winning 04. You can't stop a snake from biting you by stepping on it's tail. You go for the head.

--------------------

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
    #2368755 - 02/22/04 05:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thats even harder than nader winning 04.

Winning state, local, and congressional seats is harder than winning presidency? You are dead wrong.

There are hundreds of 3rd party members in state and local school and government offices. When was the last 3rd party presidential candidate to win? I believe it was Theodore Roosevelt with his Bull Moose party in 1912.

Quote:

You can't stop a snake from biting you by stepping on it's tail. You go for the head.

Cute metaphor, but it has no basis in reality. Nader does not even have a chance at "going for the head." In fact, Nader is about 400 miles away from the snake. This is because he is too busy stroking his ego and wasting time/resource with running for president every four years. All he amounts to is spectacle politics.

And besides, if you are so passionate about "cutting the head off the snake," then you would not even bother with electoral politics in the first place. Rather, you'd be interested in direct action (i.e. militant labor strikes, economic sabotage, etc.) Voting for Nader is anything but revolutionary or dangerous to the powers that be - dont kid yourself.

--------------------

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #2368905 - 02/22/04 05:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Nader didn't cost Gore the Presidency. The illegal Florida purge list did. If everyone who wanted to vote would have been allowed, Gore probably would have won Florida in excess of 10,000 votes.

And don't forget the fucker couldn't even carry his home state.

I also think it's worth mentioning that Nader knows that these presidential races are unwinnable. He's not in them to win. He's in them to do what he can to influence the discourse of the election. If he can use his publicity to at least make Kerry respond to the progressive issues Nader is raising, then he's done his job.

Nader has written that he's a long-distance runner, not a sprinter. The idea is that the strength of his movement and his issues builds up over time, not in one election year.

I, however, do agree that the Green Party and Nader would be well-served to focus on lower offices.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order