Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #23637405 -

modern.shaman said:
So almost at 14 weeks and still no flower for me but have 5 quarter sized heads :laugh:





How about you eliminate all heads and leave 1 on? So as to send all energy to the one left.

Mine are stuck on good but no real growth. I dont think we will see anuthing this year.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #23637565 -

modern.shaman said:
So almost at 14 weeks and still no flower for me but have 5 quarter sized heads :laugh:





Don't you hate it when they put their efforts on several heads instead of going for a strong one? I have an Aztekium ritteri graft that looks like brocolli, but somewhen this week I'm going to use up my remaining Peres stock and graft a bunch of pups.


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23658568 -

Starting to wooly up on the loph a-v


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23659099 -

:thumbup: you may end up winning... I'll do my best to post if I get a flower but I will not be posting for a while. I doubt permanently but might not see who the winner is (I will take a photos but may post well past date so that is not fair). I've been getting rid of my collection and just need some down time right now.

Good luck everyone and I hope to see you all again in the future.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman] * 1
    #23659492 -

I have been neglecting a lot of my plants this year :shockandawe:

But have been taking lots of photos!!
(Just not uploading them :sad:)

Anyways, before I left for Burning Dan on the 16th. I noticed a flower bud forming on one of my two L.williamsii grafts.



I also took a photo of my T.pseudomacrochelle and othe L.W. (caespitosa)



When i got home on the 18th it had already opened and closed. :frown:

But today! On the 19th it opened again!! :laugh:



I have many more photos from in between that i will post soon.

Love and miss you guys!! :hug:  Hope to be posting more again soon!! ^_^


--------------------

 
Everything I post is CGI :shrug:
        My Grow Logs!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: applesmasher420]
    #23660509 -

Nice work there applesmasher!
How many days total did that loph take to flower?


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23702375 -

October 02 update.
Lophophora alberto-vojtechii, 26 weeks from sowing.


Escobaria abdita, 24 weeks from sowing.


Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus "rubriflorus", 24 weeks from sowing.


Astrophytum Superkabuto, 21 weeks from sowing:


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23703360 -

That pseudopectinatus has a bud.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23733980 -

So who won?

These guys definitly are gonna be ready for next year.


Although these 4 dudes at the bottom dont help my cause.


Too late in the season to take cutting so all stalled will have to wait til march of nwxt year.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23734037 -

What do you mean it's too late in the season to take any cuttings? Hell I took 1 yesterday and I don't expect anything to happen to it before the callouses set in and once they do they're good as gold.



Are you talkin about it's too late to take a cutting and to root it before winter starts or are you stating that cutting the plant this late will cause problems with the callous be it mold or some other fungus has a better chance of taking control?


Also you wearin Adidas?


--------------------
-------------

Check out my Pollen Trade thread for spreading Good genetics far and wide :grin:

Great Vendors thread where we can discuss "Non Shroomery" Vendors that sell good products worth checking into :stoned:

A few things I wanna get my hands on check it out and let me know if you have any of these:grin:


Need help getting started growing mushrooms
              Here's The Noob Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: spaceman101]
    #23734072 -

Ive taken cuttinga this late and they dont root til march or aprile the following year.

And yes i love me adidas. I got to get some new ones though. Maybe all black this time.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23734107 -

ferrel_human said:
Ive taken cuttinga this late and they dont root til march or aprile the following year.

And yes i love me adidas. I got to get some new ones though. Maybe all black this time.



Oh ok I got ya Bro! I need to take a pic of all the cuttings I took last month or so in my back bedroom. Almost EVERY ONE of them are spitting out roots like wildfire and I just have each one with either garden sulfur or rooting hormone on the cut end and setting on a paper towel labeled as to what strain it's from.



I don't know how this happens but I've never had any issues striking roots. Even out of soil mine seem to push them out.



I'll go snap a pic to show you guys how amazing it is back there :super:


I noticed that your shoes looked like those Old School Adidas I used to LOVE when I was younger. Nowadays I'm not the biggest fan of the style direction they've headed in so I've gone to Vans :grin:


Anyways I like the ones you have there because they kind of take me back to the good ole Adidas days  :bliss:  Remember All.Day.I.Dream.About.Sex.


--------------------
-------------

Check out my Pollen Trade thread for spreading Good genetics far and wide :grin:

Great Vendors thread where we can discuss "Non Shroomery" Vendors that sell good products worth checking into :stoned:

A few things I wanna get my hands on check it out and let me know if you have any of these:grin:


Need help getting started growing mushrooms
              Here's The Noob Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: spaceman101]
    #23734560 -

Yeah. I lovey adidas. Those are not too old. They are still around you know? Super stars, like me.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23736899 -

Pretty sure I ain't winning anything lol

All the Trichocereus are Los Gentiles seedlings and there is 2 Lophs in there as well as a Super Kabuto Monstrose seedling that's doing a funky thing..

Not sure what this dude is doing but I like it... this is super kabuto monstrose seed I think..



















Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: drakenov]
    #23779877 -

This guy is liking the graft :smile: It's growing pretty quick for me anyways loving the look it's putting out too... I have one I did before the comp and it's stalled out as a seedling still...




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: drakenov]
    #23790467 -

Wow two months later no winner yet. Mine just gets bigger no flower yet will take pic tomorrow.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #23790968 -

modern.shaman said:
Wow two months later no winner yet. Mine just gets bigger no flower yet will take pic tomorrow.



One is pupping, no good. And the other is just getting woolier.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23793807 -

Applemasher has already flowered a Loph, hasn't he?

November 01 update.
Lophophora alberto-vojtechii, 30 weeks from sowing.


Escobaria abdita, 28 weeks from sowing.


Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus "rubriflorus", 28 weeks from sowing.


Astrophytum Superkabuto, 25 weeks from sowing:


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23794955 -

LSoares said:
Applemasher has already flowered a Loph, hasn't he?

November 01 update.
Lophophora alberto-vojtechii, 30 weeks from sowing.


Escobaria abdita, 28 weeks from sowing.


Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus "rubriflorus", 28 weeks from sowing.


Astrophytum Superkabuto, 25 weeks from sowing:




OMFG You are my Hero!!! :jawdrop: :drool2:


--------------------
-------------

Check out my Pollen Trade thread for spreading Good genetics far and wide :grin:

Great Vendors thread where we can discuss "Non Shroomery" Vendors that sell good products worth checking into :stoned:

A few things I wanna get my hands on check it out and let me know if you have any of these:grin:


Need help getting started growing mushrooms
              Here's The Noob Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #23794962 -

Your right :smile: I think his time is 6 months? IDK If that is right I can't beat him as I doubt mine will flower this month

update The heads are each half dollar size with a few smaller heads. The crested head stopped growing and is hidden in the back. I also repotted this into a 5 gallon smart pot a month ago.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cactus Grafting Competition 2013/2014
( 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 )
naum 41,021 587 08/23/14 07:51 PM
by naum
* Grafting Competition 2012/2013
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
modern.shaman 28,915 332 01/27/14 05:08 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Grafting Contest 2013/2014 Pre-Contest Discussion Thread
( 1 2 all )
naum 2,914 26 09/16/13 08:52 PM
by ferrel_human
* Best grafts poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 841 8 09/23/14 04:45 AM
by LSoares
* Most beautiful poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 905 9 09/23/14 04:55 AM
by LSoares
* Best freaks poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 798 8 09/23/14 04:46 AM
by LSoares
* need help/advice with graft
( 1 2 all )
tryptonite 6,928 22 02/22/13 04:15 AM
by Juke Adro
* *NEW ARTICLE* Published Report Shows That Grafted Lophophora Remain Active And Other Issues Debunked
( 1 2 3 all )
modern.shaman 13,209 56 07/09/13 04:47 AM
by intelligentlife

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
44,483 topic views. 1 members, 23 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.