Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Loc: Malice, Tx
a few questions regarding LSD and DMT
    #2344348 - 02/17/04 02:59 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I might get my hands on both of these soon, and as i've only had a handfull of trips, (just shrooms and LSA) so of course I have a lot of questions.

first, about DMT, i've been reading a little on it, and I know that I can't really "prepare" for it, but a lot of what i've read seems a little scary, and I don't know if i'm ready yet, but my question is, why not? what's the worst that could happen to me?

and with acid, I don't know how many hits to take on my first time, but then again you might not either.

any help is greatly appreciated

peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: a few questions regarding LSD and DMT [Re: Faaip_De_Oiad]
    #2344360 - 02/17/04 03:07 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

for the dmt: you could get scared (that's the only thing I can think of but I'm not realy experianced with dmt) dmt trips are very short btw.
for lsd: why don't you just try 1 hit the first time and if you want more take more some other time

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2344414 - 02/17/04 03:35 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"I don't know if i'm ready yet, but my question is, why not? what's the worst that could happen to me?"

Well the worst thing that could happen would be you would have difficulty throwing away your own beliefs on various things, ideas you had clung to so dearly and tightly for so long that you didn't realize you even HAD these ideas.. You must fully understand that a simple 10-minute experience of JUST SITTING ON YOUR ASS can totally and completely change everything you've ever thought about anything... Forever.

I think mushrooms are the best "prelude" to DMT... I'd say once one can experience ego-loss without being very blown away or distracted for too long, one can blast off with DMT.

But its like you said, what's the worst that could happen? :wink: You're not going to die from it I can tell you that much, but going to work the next day may seem strange :wink: you're the only one who can tell when you're as prepared as you're going to be..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2344418 - 02/17/04 03:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

like imagine Hitler bursting into your bedroom one evening with several soldiers, and having him recruit you at gunpoint, asking immediately "OK You're coming with me is that clear?"

Or an alien coming in through your window and saying "we're going to kill all of mankind tomorrow morning - and for the record; you NEVER saw me! gimmie a glass of water before I leave, silly human!"

Or GOD (this is a non-believer talking here) coming to you one afternoon, shaking your hand, and telling you that you're taking over for him as the glue that holds this all together.

If you could calmly deal with these hypothetical situations, you could deal with the suprise of a DMT flash

I'm not saying my DMT experiences were anything like the above examples, I'm just trying to give an idea of the SUPRISE involved - its all SUPRISE, and if you can take SUPRISES well, then you should be OK.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (02/17/04 03:41 AM)

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2344422 - 02/17/04 03:43 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

DMT;your trip will be very intense but that would be a thing which you'll never forget.you have to feel that you're ready...forget about your beliefs all of them will change.prepare you're self by telling i don't believe in anything...by the way that would be very enlightened
LSD;there is no big deal with LSD i think.just relax,lsd(except very large doses)trips are not very intense...i think it is mostly makes you trip your insights...

--------------------
lucidal expansion

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Loc: Malice, Tx
Re: a few questions regarding LSD and DMT [Re: Strumpling]
    #2345052 - 02/17/04 11:46 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

thanks everyone, I'm not scared of the acid at all, i'm itching to try it, and I KNOW i'm ready for it, but with the DMT i'm still not sure, it seems like having any apprehension would suggest that i'm not ready, but the thing is that i'm looking for some kind of spiritual insight, and DMT sounds like the place to get it, maybe I should just wait until i'm more hallucinogenically experienced though.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience