Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Salvia, San Pedro, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Loc: florida
YAY! My Syrian rue arrived today...some questions please...
    #1200234 - 01/08/03 10:36 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

So I got my Rue seeds today. On the Shroomery where it covers dosages, it says, " the minimum effective dose is generally about 2.5 to 6 grams of Rue. "

That seems like a fairly large range, and i would like to narrow it down. Can anyone narrow down the ideal dose by body weight? I plan on doing a level 3-4 trip, and the dosage calculator covers mushroom dosage, but not MAOI dosage. Please help.

Also, has anyone ever dosed with an MAOI here? What should I expect? How soon before the dosing should I discontinue the foods you can't eat on an MAOI? Thanks.

--------------------
"Someone please help me stop laughing!!!"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedirk gently
enthusiast
Re: YAY! My Syrian rue arrived today...some questions please [Re: shroomerman]
    #1200358 - 01/08/03 11:33 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Be very careful. Start with a low mushroom amount when first trying this combo. Maybe 1/3 or less the amount without maoi.

I'd recommend extracting harmine/harmaline instead of using raw seeds. Less chance of other crap making you sick. Also you don't have to eat the yucky seeds.

IMO, simply eating more mushies is safer and preferrable to using a questionalbe amount of harmine in this way. And DO watch other food intake for 24hrs. It does have some effect with certain foods, despite some reports claiming its completely safe.

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: YAY! My Syrian rue arrived today...some questions please [Re: dirk gently]
    #1200383 - 01/08/03 11:47 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you, yes I decided to do the extracting. Shrooms are scarse in Florida this time of year, and the whole point was to stretch out the shroom supply since I am not growing right now. Much appreciated!  :laugh: 

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: YAY! My Syrian rue arrived today...some questions please... [Re: shroomerman]
    #1202543 - 01/09/03 02:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

the problem with stating an exact dosage for the seeds is that the alkaloid concentration in the seeds can vary from under 2% to over 7%...
if you have a pile of orangish crystals extracted via the manske/hasenfratz (vinegar/salt) method, you can assume that you've got fairly pure mix of harmine & harmaline hydrochloride... (see old posts here, or info at places like lycaeum, erowid, e-dot, spiritplants, aya-dot
, etc... for details on this method, or just do a googlesearch...)
if you read jonathan ott's book _ayahuasca analogs_ (or his massive _pharmacotheon_) you can check out his dosage schedules...
even with "pure" chems, MAO inhibition & "stony" effects range from "something" ( ~ 50 mg harmala salts) to "full-on MAOi" (~ 150 - 200 mg) to "dizzy/sick" ( ~ 300 - 500 mg) to "i think i'm poisoned" ( ~ 750 - 1,000 mg)... i generally recommend 1/6 gm = ~ 166 mg, maybe taken in divided doses (say 3 capsules of ~ 55 mg each, taken 20 minutes apart, prior to ingestion of actual tripstuff (be it shrooms, lsd, dmt oral or smoked, 5meo-dmt ditto (NOT recommended, however!), mescaline, whatever...)
and remeber, the harmala stuff does have its own "signature", and it modifies the effects of the other chems on your brain and body, in addition to any potentiation effects... some folks like it & some just don't...
ymmv...
(oh, and how many seeds did ya get, and what did it cost ya?)
(if ya shop around, pounds of seed can be purchased for under $US 20...)
(and a pound of seed might yield sopmething like 10 to 20 grams of fairly pure harmala salts, which is an awful lot :wink: ...)
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: YAY! My Syrian rue arrived today...some questions please... [Re: gnrm23]
    #1202760 - 01/09/03 03:39 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks, I got 2 oz. seeds from bouncingb.com. It cost me $5 and $5 shipping, plus $10 cod charge. So like an idiot I paid $20 for $5 worth of seeds. But I didn't care, If it makes shroomies go double distance I'll save far more than $20 in shrooms. But I might not even like maoi dosing so I thought I'd try the small pack first before I get a pound. Next time I order I'm gonna do it wiser and order a bunch of different items at once from them. I want to try Salvia, grow my own tobacco (and help send Phillip Morris to the poor house), and probably fart around and get a bunch of other plant substances as well.

I did the lemon juice/water extraction. Luckily I drink only gourmet coffee, so a coffee bean grinder was on hand. I got the stuff that looks like bowl resin, just like the tek said I should. I emptied out some capsules, and put in a resin ball the size of an aspirin each, also like the tek said. I wonder how strong these capsules are? The tek on the Shroomery "how to dose" page is the one I went by. I'll put up a report when I try one. First I need some shrooms, so I must go now to do my rain dance. Peace. :laugh: 

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Salvia, San Pedro, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience