Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: SirDabsAlot]
    #23280704 -

SirDabsAlot said:
I'd end up braindead on dangerous antipsychotics if i listened to you guys.:lol:





lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: Prisoner#1] * 2
    #23280725 -

They are for sure one of the worst type of drugs in existence. (medically) Though they might help a small fraction of people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #23280803 -

most likely OP gets stressed out from cannabis withdrawal, and it's the stress that is causing an increase in symptoms.  Then he rationalizes using again because the stress goes away when he starts smoking, and thus the symptoms too. 

schizophrenia is complex.  Cannabis has complex effects.  Unpredictable things can happen.  It's generally considered a bad idea to combine a drug that commonly causes psychosis with a person who has a disease that makes one extremely prone to psychosis. 

In other words, it's just risky. 

The main reason people use illicit drugs to self medicate is because they feel good.  There are FAR more schizos smoking regular marijuana than high CBD low THC strains.  Why?  The main motivating factor is getting high, not controlling symptoms.  If you really want to use a drug to control symptoms of schizophrenia there are plenty of meds available.  I am very very skeptical of anyone who says they use a recreational drug as medication.  The side effects are usually much more pronounced than with actual medication.  When the side effect is "feeling good" and "getting fucked up", then for some reason people are much cooler with rolling with them.  My default position is that it's all BS and they are just rationalizing a substance abuse issue.  Certainly no one over the internet is going to be able to convince me that smoking marijuana is a treatment for their schizophrenia.  I'm not saying that cannabis has never ever helped schizophrenia on any level.  But just saying I'm super skeptical of every single case. 

In the right circumstances I think smoking marijuana could be ok.  If someone had nothing going on because of their mental illness and couldn't participate in society, smoking might be a way to keep them calm and happy and occupied.  For a poly drug abuser, I think using marijuana regularly is better than many other street drugs.  If it's a choice between marijuana and heroin, I'd go with marijuana.  If the person is unmedicated, living on the street, can't put a sentence together, and always hearing voices and having delusions, and they regularly smoke marijuana already, it's not a huge deal.  The bigger issue is that they are living on the street, and are vulnerable to all the harm that entails. 

I am going out to see a person with schizophrenia that I have been helping the last month or two.  I got him temporarily off the streets.  He has been a dependent marijuana user this entire time.  It's legal to use here recreationally.  I have bought him marijuana, to keep him happy and cooperative.  I don't think it's GOOD for him.  But I don't think it's all that bad at this point either.  He has gone through the whole drug treatment, schizophrenia med treatment programs and even on normal schizo meds he still has a hard time finding any function in society.  Unless you count living in a group home and interacting with other mentally ill addicts in recovery and treatment.  His problem is he is not compliant.  He quit all that and had been living on the street for years.  He doesn't want treatment.  His only motivation in life is doing drugs.  I am not at a point where I want to try to force him into anything.  I'm trying to get him permanent housing set up that makes it so his benefits can cover, or at least cover most, and only a small supplement from his not rich family.  If he wants to live there and smoke marijuana, that's ok.  I'm not going to stand in his way, because he will choose the drugs over a roof over his head.  But I certainly think he is not really able to choose for himself.  The problem is he is so ornery that it's not practical to make him do anything he doesn't want without either the law coming down on him (he has a warrant right now), or the family spending 10k to get guardianship over him to force him to their better judgement.  No one wants to do that.  So him smoking some marijuana is about the least of our worries for him.  But it's still not great.  I still don't recommend he smokes.  I'm just not going to try to stop him.  But his smoking is not any more good for him than anyone else who smokes.  But has the added risk of causing worse psychosis, disorganized thoughts, and higher risk of drug dependence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: Hippocampus]
    #23280820 -

Hippocampus said:
most likely OP gets stressed out from cannabis withdrawal, and it's the stress that is causing an increase in symptoms.  Then he rationalizes using again because the stress goes away when he starts smoking, and thus the symptoms too. 





Haha, no.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: SirDabsAlot]
    #23280940 -

Cannabis literally saves lives.


All you anti weed people need to take a fatass dab.

Edited by SirDabsAlot (06/05/16 04:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: SirDabsAlot]
    #23281032 -

.

Edited by Konyap (06/18/16 01:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: Konyap]
    #23296537 -

I've been feeling great with the sarcosine.:smile:
Less anxiety, less negative thoughts. I was actually having lots of suicidal thoughts before the sarcosine and those are completely gone.
My motivation and ovrall mood have definitely improved.

Oh and i get twice as high with weed now, seriously feels like the 1st time i smoked weed in high school, i get too high.:lol:
It's lasting me twice as long, its great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: SirDabsAlot]
    #23296540 -

Maybe it would help me; if it's natural and all I might look into it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: dixienormous]
    #23310679 -

How do shrooms affect your mental health?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: Headrush]
    #23310693 -

My mushroom trips are a mixture of delusions, acceptance, anxiety, bliss, understanding and some really awesome visuals.

I'm curious how psychs would react with sarcosine, not in any rush to find out though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: SirDabsAlot]
    #23310807 -

Quote:
Sarcosine, also known as N-methylglycine, is an intermediate and byproduct in glycine synthesis and degradation. Sarcosine is metabolized to glycine by the enzyme sarcosine dehydrogenase, while glycine-N-methyl transferase generates sarcosine from glycine. Sarcosine is a natural amino acid found in muscles and other body tissues. In the laboratory, it may be synthesized from chloroacetic acid and methylamine. Sarcosine is found naturally as an intermediate in the metabolism of choline to glycine. Sarcosine is sweet to the taste and dissolves in water. It is used in manufacturing biodegradable surfactants and toothpastes as well as in other applications.

Sarcosine is ubiquitous in biological materials and is present in such foods as egg yolks, turkey, ham, vegetables, legumes, etc.

Sarcosine is formed from dietary intake of choline and from the metabolism of methionine, and is rapidly degraded to glycine, which, in addition to its importance as a constituent of protein, plays a significant role in various physiological processes as a prime metabolic source of components of living cells such as glutathione, creatine, purines and serine. The concentration of sarcosine in blood serum of normal human subjects is 1.4 ± 0.6 micromolar.[2]



Quote:
Recently, sarcosine has been investigated in relation to the mental illness schizophrenia. Early evidence suggests that intake of 2 g/day sarcosine as add-on therapy to certain antipsychotics (not clozapine[3]) in schizophrenia gives significant additional reductions in both positive and negative symptomatology as well as the neurocognitive and general psychopathological symptoms that are common to the illness. Sarcosine had been tolerated well.[4] It is also under investigation for the possible prevention of schizophrenic illness during the prodromal stage of the disease. It acts as a type 1 glycine transporter inhibitor and a glycine agonist. It increases glycine concentrations in the brain thus causing increased NMDA receptor activation and a reduction in symptoms. As such, it might be an interesting treatment option and a possible new direction in the treatment of the mental illness in the future. A 2011 meta-analysis found adjunctive sarcosine to have a medium effect size for negative and total symptoms.[5]




wikisauce

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: SirDabsAlot]
    #23310916 -

SirDabsAlot said:
Cannabis literally saves lives.




no.

sanjay gupta is no different than that retard Joseph Mercola now that he's decided he wants to be a TV doctard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: SirDabsAlot]
    #23310990 -

CBD literally saved Charlotte's life. I don't normally call people retards since i happen to be a mature adult, but only a total RETARD would argue that. Don't be that retard, bro.
Oh and
SirDabsAlot said:
Get the fuck out of my thread.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: 404]
    #23311237 -

Quote:
It is also under investigation for the possible prevention of schizophrenic illness during the prodromal stage of the disease.



This, if it worked with a high success rate, would be super awesome because it would mean that perhaps some schizophrenics culd prevent relapses on sarcosine alone, which has no significant side effects in most, instead of antipsychotics, which have highly undesirable side effects in most.

By the look of oit is it not just a good adjunct to antipsychotics, but it probably is a lot better to take sarcosine than to take nothing, so it offers a natural supplement alternative for pharmaceuticals. Probably not as good but, a lot better than nothing.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: Asante]
    #23313180 -

Down the hatch, down the hatch people!

My sarcosine just arrived, I weighed a 1 gram sample and put it on my tongue. It melted like dextrose and had a mild pleasant sweet taste to it like it should. Gulped it down with half a glass of water at 14:25.

When I took a gram of supposedly innocuous piracetam it made me extremely ill so, i'm not in a happy space right now. Supplements too are serious business.

In some ways this supplement has the opposite pharmacological effect as Methoxetamine, which I LOVE. I'm not sure how I feel about that, I love MXE to bits.



Also, I don't want to turn into a muggle. What will it do for/to me?

Half an hour in, I'm not sure if I notice anything. I feel a bit clearer, a tendency to rub the feet, perhaps some excitatory effects. Nothing ontoward.

An hour in I just now caught myself doing an overdue gardening chore in the hot sun. My primary negative symptom is physical passivity. This may be wishful thinking but it does appear to have an activating effect in me that is distinct from a stimulant. I'm not significantly stimulated or sedated, feel kind of OK and maybe feel a bit clearer and more active.

On schizophrenia.com 70% of people polled said it helped them.

Two Hours In I feel more mentally active. no real side effects. I might be one of those who can make due with 1 gram a day. Gonna make a few capsules for easy dosing.

Three Hours In I, wow, am definitely experiencing effects here. I am more physically and cognitively active and seem to have more motivation, theres more going on, but not in a stimulant way. It feels activating rather than that is presents as a stimulant effect. This is no coffee, no cathinone, it feels like a nootropic, one that WORKS, something that improves the function of my brain in general rather than has a stimulant effect. The first day! I made a bunch of capsules of 800+mg each for easy dosing. I'm gonna try one a day, see what it does and how it effects me longterm as this substance, just like antidepressants, will build up for about 8 weeks. 800mg a day may be just what the doctor ordered :awesomenod:

Four Hours In Its a hot day and I'm not good with heat in general but, I'm having notable orthostatic hypotension. If I sit for a while, then get up, I have to sit again because of dizziness.  Ack, I hope its mostly the weather.

Five Hours In I did a whole lot of physically active stuff despite the hot weather and the tendency to orthostatic hupotension. I feel mentally alert, yet not like I took a stimulant. For me, this is an active nootropic. This may actually do me quite some good, I'm intrigued. If side effects stay low this is something I want to explore. Sure beats coffee!

Six Hours In Stil alert but less acutely so. I'll end the report here, its been quite promising.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: Asante]
    #23313357 -

Nice man, it took me 2 or 3 days to really feel a significant change.
My mind was pretty fucked before i started taking it though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: SirDabsAlot]
    #23313393 -

How much are you taking, how long and to what effect?


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: Asante]
    #23313431 -

I started with 2gs a day, 1g when i wake up, 1g after breakfast.
Some days ill take 3gs, i wanna see if 4gs feels any different.
It gets me all positive, dancing and groovin to music, especially with coffee.
I feel free.
I used to be stuck in my own mind with negativity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: SirDabsAlot]
    #23313645 -

SirDabsAlot said:
I started with 2gs a day, 1g when i wake up, 1g after breakfast.
Some days ill take 3gs, i wanna see if 4gs feels any different.
It gets me all positive, dancing and groovin to music, especially with coffee.
I feel free.
I used to be stuck in my own mind with negativity.




That definitely sounds like its active vs negative symptoms and a more dramatic version of what I'm experiecingon the first dose.

CAREFUL with this, it will get stronger for weeks and months to come on the same dose, you don't want to overexcite yourself.

I have read of people using 1-4 grams a day so better not go beyond that.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sarcosine as a treatment for schizophrenia. [Re: Asante]
    #23313724 -

Yea i read not to go beyond 4gs a day too.
But yea 2gs is usually perfect for me.

This stuff is also great for anyone with depression.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcosine

Much love to yous all.:heart:

Edited by SirDabsAlot (06/06/16 10:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 8 out of 10 mentally ill patients are heavy cannabis users
( 1 2 3 all )
Amatoxin 8,806 47 07/21/09 07:49 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Pot and mental health
( 1 2 all )
Discordja 4,822 21 11/27/02 05:24 AM
by mr_kite
* Attention smokers! marijuana 'doubles mental health risk'
( 1 2 all )
Xionide 4,871 28 03/01/05 06:26 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Schizophrenia!
( 1 2 all )
RedRabbit 5,457 37 07/09/07 01:59 AM
by lolwhut
* Does anyone have schizophrenia?
( 1 2 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 2,921 26 08/26/05 09:41 AM
by fredyjenkins
* Mouth smoking Cannabis, for those who don't want to - or cannot - inhale into the lungs Quake3 3,536 7 11/30/06 03:52 PM
by Quake3
* Patient Died During Cannabis Drug Trial... Original 1,089 3 12/22/05 08:26 AM
by DNKYD
* Suppose they legalized Cannabis and Shrooms! What Would happen? I'll tell you!
( 1 2 3 all )
AsanteM 6,345 46 05/23/08 02:46 PM
by BlackPeace

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,969 topic views. 7 members, 12 guests and 95 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.