Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: Syle]
    #7146271 - 07/08/07 12:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
this is the only post in this thread that is worth reading. good level-headed approach evolprim. i used to think i was schizo too, particularly after a bad mushroom trip.

lmao, thinking you are schizo because u were on a bad mushroom trip doesnt actually make you schizo. real schizophrenia is nothing at all like that.

i have had people claim to have heart attacks, PTSD, the list continues because of whatever bad trip they had. these people dont know what these medical conditions are first-hand to even be proclaiming such ridiculous assumptions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelolwhut
ahsgfiuahfuope
Male User Gallery

#7146274 - 07/08/07 12:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

shit, my ex girlfriends half brother is schizophrenic, what are the odds of her/our kids having it if her brother got it? I believe its passed from her fathers side.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: Crystal G]
    #7146288 - 07/08/07 12:24 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Syle said:
this is the only post in this thread that is worth reading. good level-headed approach evolprim. i used to think i was schizo too, particularly after a bad mushroom trip.

lmao, thinking you are schizo because u were on a bad mushroom trip doesnt actually make you schizo. real schizophrenia is nothing at all like that.

i have had people claim to have heart attacks, PTSD, the list continues because of whatever bad trip they had. these people dont know what these medical conditions are first-hand to even be proclaiming such ridiculous assumptions.

the point is, people, in bad situations can convince themselves they are schizo, and then become so afraid that they have it, not tell anyone. all evol was saying was, don't waste your time thinking that shit, and i agree with him. it's pointless to worry about it, because if you have it, you have it, and if you don't, then what's the big deal?

either way, if you can find something in the life to lead you along and give you that sensation of fulfillment, what's it matter?

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleDIRTYMAN
Jesusdon'tcomethrough thecotton.
Female
Loc: CZ NIGGUH
Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: Cepheus]
    #7146292 - 07/08/07 12:24 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cepheus said:
I know for a fact these drugs are evil (for some bizarre reason I decided to try olanzapine recreationally when I was younger).

His psychosis is on going; when he stops the medication / forgets to take it he hears voices and sees subliminal messages in everything... He says its getting better and is not as bad as it was.. but still its sketchy shit.

However his psychiatrist said that if he continued to use drugs he would develop schizophrenia.. Propaganda?

Sounds more like drug psychosis - the symptoms are pretty comparable to being schizo, in which case drugs (especially powerful psychedelics like LSD and K) could very much exacerbate the problem.

If I were him I'd go cold turkey off everything his doc is giving him and sort my shit out with a good support system - tons of old time heads I talk to describe similar symptoms (HPPD?) and lead normal lives, myself included.

OP: Daniel Johnston rules, The Devil And Daniel Johnston goes in depth in regards to what triggered his mental breakdown.

--------------------
I'm racist.                http://k-k-k.com/

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: lolwhut]
    #7146308 - 07/08/07 12:26 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly, I believe that mental illnesses are more likely to occur by somebody living around a person with an active schizophrenic disorder. I don't think there is actually a schizo gene, it is just that crazy parents tend to breed crazy kids because these parents act really schizo around the kids and the kids pick up on this behavior... but if schizo parents gave a kid up for adoption and they were raised by normal parents (and didnt know their parents were schizo), how likely is it to bring out schizophrenia in this child?

we are all byproducts of our environment. If somebody has undergone severe emotional/mental trauma, i also believe it is highly likely to make them schizo in the future.

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

#7146318 - 07/08/07 12:28 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the comment syle.
yeah mental illness and schizophrenia specifically became a fear of mine after a collection of odd psychedelic, weed and meditation experiences.

led to too much time pondering, reading up on, and generally worrying about it.

at the end of the day it's your inner world.
while i am dubious of the idea that our thoughts can change the external world, like some proponents of the law of attraction have mentioned. i do strongly beileve that our thoughts can change our internal world.

even someone who has been labeled schizophrenic can have an enjoyable life, versus some rich stay at home mom in beverly hills who has been labeled mentally healthy who is actually very depressed with her life.

even in the realm of art . many great artists have throughout time been labeled as mad, or mentally ill. what they did instead is turn their illness around into something productive.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: evolprim]
    #7146385 - 07/08/07 12:46 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

evolprim said:
thanks for the comment syle.
yeah mental illness and schizophrenia specifically became a fear of mine after a collection of odd psychedelic, weed and meditation experiences.

led to too much time pondering, reading up on, and generally worrying about it.

at the end of the day it's your inner world.
while i am dubious of the idea that our thoughts can change the external world, like some proponents of the law of attraction have mentioned. i do strongly beileve that our thoughts can change our internal world.

even someone who has been labeled schizophrenic  can have an enjoyable life, versus some rich stay at home mom in beverly hills who has been labeled mentally healthy who is actually very depressed with her life.

even in the realm of art . many great artists have throughout time been labeled as mad, or mentally ill. what they did instead is turn their illness around into something productive.

/bow

:headbanger:  to quote someone that i can't remember  "when in doubt, follow the weird."

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #7146587 - 07/08/07 01:50 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

He didn't go to a doctor of his own free will.. his parents took him to one.. He was having delusions and heard voices telling him things; he said to me that when he was at college after the trip that voices were telling him to put his family in their place... He said it wasn't his voice telling him to do it..

He even tried to kill his mother at one point.. He confessed to her that he managed to stop himself just in time.. This is why they took him to a psychiatrist.

The meds are for his benefit; I thought like you when he first told me about it... but when I learnt about the details of his case.. :shrug:

Maybe there was always something there...

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: Cepheus]
    #7146606 - 07/08/07 01:54 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cepheus said:
He didn't go to a doctor of his own free will.. his parents took him to one.. He was having delusions and heard voices telling him things; he said to me that when he was at college after the trip that voices were telling him to put his family in their place... He said it wasn't his voice telling him to do it..

He even tried to kill his mother at one point.. He confessed to her that he managed to stop himself just in time.. This is why they took him to a psychiatrist.

The meds are for his benefit; I thought like you when he first told me about it... but when I learnt about the details of his case.. :shrug:

Maybe there was always something there...

very possible, and very strange. the mind is such an oddity.

--------------------

OfflineRedRabbit
Artist
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
    #7147861 - 07/08/07 07:16 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

well your not gonna become a schizophrenic unless your gonna become one sooner or later?

unless you do alot of heavy drugs (like mixing PCP and meth) er just PCP by yourself...?

--------------------
all posts and statements made are completely fictional,
I greatly detest being associated with any illegal activites,
In fact, I have never done anything illegal,
I choose to learn about differant substances so that in the case where i might need to interact with them, I shall know alot about them,
This is a principle in everything i do...

:einstein:
I have yet to use the knowledge i learn on this site...
:jazzman:
:grin: hee hee i should patent this! :grin:

InvisibleBoutang
AKMC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Schizophrenia! *DELETED* [Re: RedRabbit]
    #7147936 - 07/08/07 07:37 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Boutang

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

North to the future is our motto I'm still up north no future to follow
We do these things and we don't give a fuck, we fire up a blunt in the car bumping Cougnut.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: Boutang]
    #7149011 - 07/08/07 11:29 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Boutang said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:
I have been diagnosed as schizophrenic, but I keep it under control. it is only when you are under a lot of stress, agony, and about to have a mental breakdown, that you become incapable of partaking in any normal activities.

I was diagnosed with this quite awhile ago and I have always kept it under control pretty good up until recently. It's been shitty and my "friends" simply just abandoned me after they find out that I was what others see as crazy. Other people I have met in my lifetime that share this mental state all chose to take their own lives and have kind of messed up my view on this as well. It makes me more comfortable with myself knowing there are others with this here on the Shroomery. Thank you.

Yes, sadly schizophrenics have a high suicide rate, and a large part of it has to do with the perceived notion that everybody is treating them wrong. (as I stated before, schizophrenics tend to think that the world is plotting against them in some way shape or form, and it all comes together in this weird, unexplainable, synchronicity-type way) However, sometimes people with severe mental illnesses ARE mistreated terribly! There's a reason I snuck in a belt the last time I was locked in the asylum--so I could commit suicide in case they were to keep me there too long. I am not a suicidal person, but it was a last resort option.

In California, there is a thing called a "72 hour hold." Anybody that has stated they are either planning to kill themselves or hurt somebody else, or is in a psychotic state, has this hold placed on them. Now, once this 72 hour hold you think that you are free to go right? Wrong. The psychiatrist, if he/she feels that you are not in the right state of mind, will place another 72 hour hold. And then another. and then another. eventually 2 weeks, and then a month will have gone by. its like jail, except worse because theres no good drugs LOL. (seriously, we were all sniffing markers to get high in there)

Let's say you have returned to normalcy, but you are having problems with your doctor because they are being assholes to you. If you refuse to take your medications, if you do not comply with them, they treat you with brute force. They will confine you with straps to a bed in a solitary room, and IM drugs in you against your will. They will even perform ELECTROCONVULSIVE therapy in those who do not get better. These walls are soundproof for a reason.

I recall 1 sweet, nice old man with cerebral palsy who had severe depression and was caught hanging himself twice in the bathroom. He didn't want to take medications because he didn't believe in that, so they performed the ECT (electroshock therapy) torture on him THREE times, and afterwards he was literally crying, in tears over how how horrible it was. And you know what those asshole doctors did? In front of EVERYBODY ELSE in the psych ward, they yelled at him, spilled EVERYTHING that was in his file, his entire life story, his suicidal tendencies, about how pathetic he was, all this shit... all the patients felt so bad for him, we all gave him hugs afterwards. man i feel so bad for that guy just remembering that it almost makes me want to cry.

Instead of listening to people's actual problems and trying to heal them, they label them with some BULLSHIT DISORDER, and then anytime you try to defend your own rights they use the "WELL YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE YOU ARE BIPOLAR/SCHIZO/MANIC/DEPRESSIVE//WHATEVER"
we were furious at those doctors and nurses and the way they treated us!!!!! i seriously wondeered whether half those people in there even HAD an actual mental disorder. one girl in there got labelled as "borderline personality disorder." WHO DOESNT HAVE BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER, LMAO?!!??!!?

Which is why I stress the importance of anybody who has been diagnosed with mental illness, to strongly be true to yourself. NEVER undermind your value. If you feel that you have been treated wrong, speak up for yourself! Fight back (not physically, that will lead nowhere, but with reason)! Who gives a fuck what they say... if they treat you like shit, you give them the same disrepect in return. you dont have to take that shit!

The thing about schizophrenia is...everybody has the potential to have a mental breakdown. everybody has the potential to become crazy, serial killers, suicidal, and yet the amount of people that seem to think they aren't capable of this is astounding... Mental disorder is simply all about whether you are pushed to the brink.

OfflineSyd Barrett Fan
Effervescant
Male User Gallery

Loc: phoenix, AZ
    #7149355 - 07/09/07 12:41 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm schizophrenic, i've had symptoms of it since 5th grade, but it didnt become a problem until i turned 18.

--------------------
My head hit the ground, I was half the way down treading the sand.

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: DIRTYMAN]
    #7149378 - 07/09/07 12:48 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Living in Devil Town with a fuckload of Vampires can do that to a guy.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: Noetical]
    #7149395 - 07/09/07 12:54 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Noetical said:
Living in Devil Town with a fuckload of Vampires can do that to a guy.

lol...

--------------------

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: RedRabbit]
    #7149398 - 07/09/07 12:54 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Look at your body and mind like it was a machine. If you don't take care of it it will break down. If you stay out of wack and in an unhealthy thinking pattern for too long, it will be harder to get out. Like say your car needs an alignment. But you buy new tires and forget the alignment. Well now the tires are fucked because you didn't fix the first problem. Get what i mean?

I think society is whats fucked up and not so much the person. I think it's a cause and effect. Do you know how much the media fucks with people? You know how paranoid people are here? Everyday we have some new bad thing to hear about. One more horror story to listen to. They use and bread fear and violence.

Is paranoia a side effect of pot? Or is it the governments way of fucking with our heads? Planting seeds and watching them manifest into self loathing, self doubt, and a watch your back attitude.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Schizophrenia! [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #7149509 - 07/09/07 01:17 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

America IS a hellafied paranoid country, compared to other 1st world countries I've been to anyway. I mean I could understand being paranoid in a place where war is happening, or corporal punishment basically dictates life and death... but damn america has some seedy ass people too LOL, so the cycle for paranoia continues.

Offlinelolwhut
ahsgfiuahfuope
Male User Gallery

#7149651 - 07/09/07 01:59 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
America IS a hellafied paranoid country, compared to other 1st world countries I've been to anyway. I mean I could understand being paranoid in a place where war is happening, or corporal punishment basically dictates life and death... but damn america has some seedy ass people too LOL, so the cycle for paranoia continues.

so true, so so true, hence why I'm applying for Canadian visa

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds