Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Questions on turkey tail uses, sustainable & safe harvesting
    #23275206 -

So I found this last season, in a coastal area that gets sandstorms and "rains" sea water. These are everywhere; almost on every other sedge bush.



I've been reading up on it. I found that some people dry it and mix it with two native herbs/flowers to smoke for health benefits, variations of teas, and some compounds help with cancer.

How do I go about harvesting it while ensuring it will grow back sustainably? Does it taste good? I'm worried a little because of the sea spray. Eating my azures and ps cyans from the area was like eating rock salt.

There's tons of it, and for a wide range, and none of the fauna are doing anything with it.

The specimens pictured are very healthy, right?

Thanks folks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Questions on turkey tail uses, sustainable & safe harvesting [Re: Adden] * 1
    #23275875 -

You sure those are Trametes versicolor?  They look kind of thick for turkey tails, but the picture could be deceiving.

Also, turkey tails can be found in great abundance in the woods, I would just get out and hike around the woods a bit, they're so prevalent that sustainable harvesting should be easy.  I used to make tea out of them, dry your collections, use damprid to get them cracker dry, powder in a blender and steep in hot water for an hour, or longer if you want, then add tea bags, lemon, sweeten to taste.  They're not overpowering like Reishi, and go down smooth.  I can't say much about dosage, I would just eyeball a large amount and throw em in a pot.

Some info on turkey tail ID'ing on Kuo's page.

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/trametes_versicolor.html


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Questions on turkey tail uses, sustainable & safe harvesting [Re: Lucis]
    #23276507 -

I'm pretty positive someone ID'd them as such. The more traditional looking ones grow about a quarter mile away from these but are pretty nasty looking. And yeah the picture is deceiving; they're not beefy, pretty thin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Questions on turkey tail uses, sustainable & safe harvesting [Re: Adden]
    #23277101 -


Edited by o8u (05/27/16 12:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Questions on turkey tail uses, sustainable & safe harvesting [Re: o8u]
    #23278190 -

Check out this key for turkey tail: http://www.mushroomexpert.com/trametes_versicolor.html

I put my turkey tail in a coffee grinder and make a powder. Next I boil water, lower heat and add turkey tail and catnip as catnip has medicinal properties also and is in the mint family and tastes great. I let it steep for 10-15 minutes and enjoy.

Turkey tail tastes earthy, it doesn't taste bad or good really, but pair it with something with a good taste, and you are good to go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Questions on turkey tail uses, sustainable & safe harvesting [Re: MagicDave]
    #23278232 -

Nice, thank you guys so much. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor cultures 2/22)
( 1 2 all )
Joshua 6,112 23 02/26/02 01:33 AM
by Joshua
* Turkey Tail (?) angryshroom 2,723 8 02/20/20 08:57 PM
by MadMuncher
* Pan subbs and a few questions(PICS) Gumby 5,288 13 08/03/03 06:43 PM
by Gumby
* A few questions JimBoB 1,183 6 08/24/02 08:35 AM
by I_Stain_Blue
* Re: question Anonymous 980 1 05/22/00 11:35 PM
by Psylosymon
* Wellii question! DocPsilocybin 1,752 13 10/11/02 04:43 AM
by GaNjAShRooM
* Re: NW area questions Anonymous 5,113 6 12/06/99 10:01 PM
by Psylosymon
* Question about Boletus species! Please respond if. Crobih 1,603 5 07/30/02 12:01 AM
by T0aD

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
522 topic views. 0 members, 60 guests and 51 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.