Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Question about Cambodia pinning phase
    #23251 - 07/06/00 01:28 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I had exactly the same thing happen with my cambodian. I simply picked off the 'q-tips' as you call them, and everything was fine. I think they were caused by high humidity, but I could be wrong about that.

You could definately do with raising the temperature a bit if possible. In my experience cambodians do best at 85-90 degrees.

Phyl

------------------
I seek to criminalise what is already criminalised, which is criminal activity

Anne Widdecombe (Shadow Home Secretary), 2/5/2000

---

Live in the UK ?
Come join EntheogenUK
An email list for the discussion of all aspects of Drugs and Drug culture in Britain.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePrimate
former addict
 User Gallery

#23253 - 07/07/00 01:40 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

my friend had the same thing happen on his cakes. He thinks they were pins that had the top grown like into the stalk part..because later they formed into semi normal pins.

-Primate

--------------------
"Power to the peaceful"

-Micheal Franti and Spearhead

OfflineShaker
    #23254 - 07/07/00 01:53 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks guys,

The other night I checked while I was dreaming and I had some primordia going, so I woke up and put an electric blanket on the bed to that the grow chambers in my dreams would be warner. About 82F.

Thanks again!
Shaker

OfflineThe Apothecary
    #23255 - 07/07/00 02:56 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hey hey, I've never been to Cambodia before but I've been reading a lot about it and it seems (to me) to be the coolest place to go - my question was thus: what's the average temp and humidity in Cambodia (I read above, saw 85-90 F).. also, what's the best kind of casing/terranium for them?
I was thinking of using a tupperware bin setup w/Perlite for humidification, btw.
How do you use your electric blanket, too? I would think putting it under the container would be best, but does anybody think wrapping it around, instead would be better?
Thanks in advance :smile:

OfflineShaker
    #23256 - 07/08/00 02:15 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

All of the below came to me in a dream:

It's been a while since I did this last and I'm not putting as much time into it as I have in the past as I'm too busy at work. :frown: BUT

I put an electric blanket under and tucked around the plastic tubs. I used the perlite tek and an air pump last time and this time I left out the pump.
Now that I've bumped the heat back up, and given up wondering why I let it stay so cool, I'm getting good growth with two fannings and two mistings per day. I think I could do with less misting but I let the water get too low in one box and my casing was a touch on the dry side.
I'd follow something like the SOS casing tek and adapt it as you like. I use small cake tins instead of cups an split on 1/2 pint cake between two tins. For casing I use Shultz potting soil withOUT fertilizer. I don't know if added fertilizer would do anything good or bad but I'm voiding it.

Sleepy Shaker

Good Luck!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation