Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Toyotas are not that great its all marketing [Re: Shins]
    #22950291 -

Shins said:
That's it.  It's the price/value of Toyota that makes it good.  A lot of Toyotas can be very boring though, but they are practical and economic as heck.  There are also awesome higher end Toyotas too.  I'm a fan of Toyota pickup trucks, the supra is a great sports car, and the FJ is one of the best hardcore production 4x4s ever made.  The camry is also one of the most boring, but practical and reliable cars ever made.  Rav4 is a great compact suv too and 4 runner is good also.

My general opinion is thumbs up for the trucks and FJ, but if I'm getting a sedan I like something more fun.  Fuel economy is a factor, but so is the overall driving experience.  To me all but the expensive high end Toyota sedans are just pretty boring.  Same goes for Honda etc. 

Ever since I bought my old volvo 850 I've been hooked on european cars.  They generally feel more solid and better quality, more fine tuned.  Pacific rim imports feel kind of "hollow" and generic to me.  No fun.



I do agree and get the same sense driving my own car. When I drive other people's car in general, they feel more solid driving. Toyota are often a no frills experience, and there are arguably safer cars out there as well given the light frame.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toyotas are not that great its all marketing [Re: PatrickKn]
    #22950355 -

My girlfriend drives a 2013 Hyundai elantra, it's a great car and handles well, amazing on gas, but it doesnt feel so sturdy.  It's super light but it feels kind of thin and flexible.  It's hard to explain, it's like the parts are minimalist and less solid.  It's great for fuel economy, but makes it drive differently.


I have a friend who drives one of these, he's put 20k into customizing it for off road too.  It's a beast and can rock crawl so good.  My favorite Toyota!



--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toyotas are not that great its all marketing [Re: Shins]
    #22950374 -

I personally believe that almost any vehicle will last forever with proper maintenance and handling the machine in a responsible way. I know there are exceptions, but I've a friend with a Tundra that we go disc golfing in all the time and has 180k on it, still running like a champ.

I think vehicle longevity is based off how well you take care of it and how hard you do/dont "dog it out".


--------------------


Escape the box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toyotas are not that great its all marketing [Re: LayinUp]
    #22950391 -

Layinup: I agree! Proper maintenance will allow you to drive many cars for a long time.  Some cars are tougher though and can take more abuse.  My volvo only died because I didn't fix an oil leak in time.  It had over 200 miles on it!  Oil all dumped out one day and the engine ceased.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* American southern midwesterners review of fast food joints ShroomyMcPot 1,993 8 08/13/09 09:16 PM
by joe666
* Act To Protect Medical Marijuana Patients Now! John 1,638 4 07/05/04 09:15 PM
by John
* The Land Of The Free (A question for Americans) Jackal 3,185 19 08/08/03 07:54 PM
by PDU
* New form of marketing strategy for movies...I fell for it! orizon 758 1 01/04/04 05:23 AM
by ImYourSpedFriend
* Foster's beer, product of Canada? TheShroomHermit 1,209 9 05/29/04 10:58 PM
by scott2004bc
* American Culture Through American Music... Krishna 1,131 3 02/18/04 01:31 PM
by Krishna
* Sporeworks reliable? PsychosMind 1,843 10 03/12/18 08:22 PM
by keyohnah
* American Movie: The Making of Northwestern *Question* *DELETED* Hobo 1,131 9 09/30/04 08:40 PM
by kosmic_charlie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,199 topic views. 4 members, 10 guests and 85 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.