Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
shroomin bliss

New form of marketing strategy for movies...I fell for it!
    #2217953 - 01/04/04 06:52 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, I have seen signs and advertisements everywhere for this new domestic robot assistant which was supposingly coming out in July. The advertisements are are just like that of a car or anythign else that would be hitting the market. Well, when I started to see the advertisements for this robot assistant, I went to the website which is again designed as if this robot is actually hitting the commercial market!...(http://www.irobotnow.com) It tells you the specs and tasks the robot can do...the power supply and even different responsibilies you can program your personal robot for. I was on the website, totally intrigued, by an actual robot assistant that can be programed to: make breakfast, walk the dog, do the dishes, laundry etc....They totally went all out in making up an Operating system which policy is "3 laws safe" to humans plus many other details of this totally made up robot. Some of the stuff seemed a little beyond our time but noy inconcievable. It wasnt until I went to the "privacy policy" section of the website where they started to mention twentieth century fox and movie starting Will Smith in very small discreet letters. As it turned out, to my dissapointment, this is just a new marketing strategy to get people interested in this movie. Rather then saying theres a movie coming out about a domestic robot slave (not very interesting), they decided to market the robot as if it is actually coming out to purchase (Very interesting). Go to the site....you will be surprised on how realisitic it looks. I saw Lord of the RIngs tonight and even the preview for the movie looks exactly like a commercial. Kinda tricky, but it worked

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Fear and Loathing

Loc: NH
Re: New form of marketing strategy for movies...I fell for it! [Re: orizon]
    #2217972 - 01/04/04 07:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah when I say RoTK I was shocked by the robot thing I thought it was a new turn in technology but I wanted to go home and check the site but forgot the damn sites addy ... I'm glad that it's fake and now I am going to boycott the movie (until it comes out and I'm drawn to see it) ...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub