Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Tacos

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
American southern midwesterners review of fast food joints
    #2478456 - 03/27/04 06:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I, like most americans of my generation, grew up eating fast food. Its a great system, the food is inexpensive, generally tasty, and it's FAST. A customer doesnt even have to get out of their car! The person can pull right up to a window and they hand it to them while they sit! It's clearly visable why this market exploded like it did. Unfortunatley America now uses fast food for a majority of its meals and almost half of us are overweight. Well..anyway, here is my review of a few of the most notable places i've dined:

Burger King

Used to be my favorite place. I still feel like they have the best hamburgers ive tasted in a fast food joint, but their fries just dont measure up. The fries used to be pretty good, but somewhere i guess it was in the early 90's they ran a campaign (that involved mr. potato head of course.) where they talked about changing their frys for the better or some crap. Worst mistake ever. The fries have a gritty dirt taste to them now. So I only stop in at Burger King now if I want the nostalgic burger taste enough to put up with those "dirt fries"

McDonalds:

I think this is now my favorite over all place. There are tons of these around and they are all consistant. The biggest score for this place would be their fries. Best fries in the industry hands down. I could eat these fuckers just by themselves. Burgers are good too. I like those little cheeseburgers. mmm mmm mmm. Not too fond of the Big Mac but I like to have it every once in a while.

Taco Bell:

Used to go to this place a lot but not so much anymore. They do have pepsi and Mt Dew here, one of the few places that do. Recently your seeing alot of kfc/taco bell places opening up. They always have some new kind of fad taco type shit coming out. Gordito, chalupa, punta bread, etc... Good because they stay open late, some until 2am, and they are pretty cheap. Convienient for that drunken trip home from the bar.

Jack in the Box:

Not too many of these up here in oklahoma. There was one in ardmore back in the 80's but after that food poisoning thing a bunch of them closed down. So after that I didnt really see any until I moved to texas during my high school years. Those fucks where everywhere. In every little shit-hole nothing town there was a jack-in-the-box. This place is ghetto as hell, they sit this shit up near the projects because they have so much cheap shit. Now dont get me wrong jack-in-the-box has some bad ass food: sourdough jacks, Monster Tacos, bad ass milkshakes. But their food is also real greasy, you have to take a bath after you eat this shit. Plus they got those nasty dirt fries like burger king. They stay open til 2am also, so their a good alternative to taco bell. I would reserve this place til your dead broke and can only scrounge enough money together for that under a buck menu.

Carl's Jr

These are kinda new. First saw these guys when I drove up to kansas one time, and they were all over. Didnt stop to eat at one but just took notice of the different restaraunt. A few years later I start to see them pop up. All the sudden the Hardee's in my town was changed to a carl's jr. Im guessing some kind of merger or somthing. Anyway they have some damn good food. The $6 burger is awesome. I do think its the single best burger as a whole in the fast food market. They used to have some bad ass baked potatos, but they got rid of those.

Taco Tico

I really only see this in redneck ass oklahoma oil towns. Its a real cheap ass little taco place that is either owned by a single owner that just has alot of taco tico's, or owned by a poor ass franchise thing. These places have the worst taco type shit ive ever eaten. Dont go here unless theres no other option. One up side is they are the only fast food joint ive ever seen serve beer.

Kentucky fried chicken

American tradition. What would life be like without this place. I remember sunday evenings with my grandparents and a big ass bucket of this shit. Best mashed potatos and brown gravy in the world! Cole slaw is the shiznitty. Extra crispy is the best shit, i just like to eat the batter off. This is the standard for which i judge all fried chicken. With that said, KFC has recently moved into the individual meal type stuff. They are starting to look more like a burger joint then a family take out place lately. They now have combo meals with bbq sandwiches and chicken wraps as well as some bad ass potato wedges. They are on the expensive side for how much food you get, but their quality food is a changed from the usual burger.

Taco Mayo:
I havent seen many of these outside smaller towns. I dont think they could compete with taco bell but they do have some decent stuff. They have a pretty good super burrito and some cool little tator tot things with spices on them.

Sonic:

These guys dominate the small town oklahoma scene. These are like a drive in type place where you order your food from one of several intercom's and eat your food in your car. First off I did grow up with this place and most people in the small ass town where i lived ate here. I loved it then but I dont really like it anymore. This is the only fast food place besides dairy queen in the town that I go to college in. And I hate it. Their food stinks, if you eat the stuff in your dorm room it would smell like this food for two days. Their french fries used to be good when I was younger but now they are nasty. They are pretty well known for their extra long cheese conneys and their chili cheese tots and fries. Best deserts you can find though(besides braums).

Arbys

Pretty good, roast beef deli type shit. When you eat it you kinda feel like your not eating fatting greasy food. Horsey sauce is good. pretty damn good place. One of the more expensive places, and they skimp you on the sauces if your in the drive thru.

Wendys

Never really ate there too much, these are only in larger cities like lawton, and oklahoma city. Dont recall how expensive they were but it was pretty good food. I like the square hamburger patties.

Subway

Been eating here whenever I can. Not only because it may be a little more healthy but because I do enjoy a cold sanwich, especially with mayonaise, wheat bread, turkey, swiss cheese, olives, lettuce, tomato, and black pepper w/ some harvest chedder sun chips. Kinda expensive.

Quiznos

The other sub place. These have started popping up more. Their big thing is toasted bread. Their food is supposed to be fancier then subways, and the charge you for it. The food does have more of a fancy smancy taste but I still prefer subway.

Dairy Queen

This is the most rednecked fast food franchise ever. They seemed to have quite a foot hold when i was younger but as I grew up they closed down for the most part. I occasionaly see some actual dairy queens but for the most part its small business mom and pop burger joints that have taken over their old buildings. On a side note, alot of these places still retain the dairy queen name and even sell "blizzards" and the like. Even though they are obviously not in with the corporation anymore.

Popeyes:

We've just started to get these down here in oklahoma and they are damn good. The spicy chicken is grrreat, and the honey biscuits are the best tasting fuckers ive ever bit into. I wonder if the company that owns popeyes owns churchs because their chicken and menus are similar.

Churchs:
Standard chicken joint pretty good, this are often located in bad neighborhoods.

Chic-fil-a:
See these mostly at malls but have seen a few restaraunts outside malls opening up. Good treat for when your at the mall. Best chicken sandwiches out there.

A&W:

They named a fast food place after a root beer!! You see these places at truck stop alot. Greasy chili cheese type food. Best root beer floats you can get.

Corn Dog 7

See these in food courts, they are alright for the lemonade, but i dont really like corn dogs.

Braums:

Mainly an Ice cream/dairy product grocery store, but they have a drive through and burgers. Braums, because its an ice cream store, has the best ice cream by far. Their breakfast is awesome, and they open early, therfore it is a haven for the elderly. Good hamburgers and other food. You have to wait longer than normal here, and the food is more expensive. Other than that its very good.

Whataburger

Pretty good burgers, they are open 24 hours so its the only place to go for those 3am munchies. Unfortunatley this also makes it a cop hangout, so be careful. You always have to wait alot longer then what your used to, this place isnt really FAST food at all.

Well thats about all I can think of right now, im sure im probably forgetting some important ones but im really high and have the mucnhies like a sunnavabitch. I would like to see some reviews of some of those northern restaraunts that I dont get a chance to eat in, like whitecastle.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: American southern midwesterners review of fast food joints [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #2478659 - 03/27/04 07:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Please read Fast Food Nation and rethink your diet.

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: American southern midwesterners review of fast food joints [Re: Adom]
    #2478696 - 03/27/04 08:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I recently quit going to fast food joints because I am sick of the food. That being said your review was awesome! In AZ we have In & Out and it is the best burger and fries you will ever get at a drive thru. We also have Weinerschnitzel which sells hot dogs and burgers. The chili cheese dogs and chili cheese fries are the best. I would have to say that churches or Popeyes beats KFC every time. McDonalds fries are great! They are totally different than In & Out's in a greasy fast food type of way. I always order a couple McValue fries because I know I won't finish that shitty ass burger.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

OfflineKing Koopa
Mr. Hit Dat Hoe
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Houston
Re: American southern midwesterners review of fast food joints [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #10855644 - 08/13/09 10:35 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

BK ism the bestest

--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

Offlinesteadyheady
Ex Nihilo
Male

Re: American southern midwesterners review of fast food joints [Re: King Koopa]
    #10855756 - 08/13/09 10:55 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

There's a chain that is only in the South, basically only South of the Mason Dixon it seems, Bojangles, one of the best cajun chicken places, it is semi-fast food I guess, only because all there stuff is pretty natural (ie:real unprocessed chicken).  I can't stomach burger from MccyDs or Bk at all.  Checkers has the best fries I have ever had.  Oh, and COOKOUT, the definitive fast food restaurant, only seating outside, open 24hrs, TWO drive-thru lanes for quicker service, you can get the Cookout plate for around 4.75, which includes a main course, and two sides, YOU CAN GET CHICKEN NUGGETS AS A SIDE!  And they have cajun fries!  On top of that, you can add a milkshake for 99 cent, and they have like over 50 flavors, peach cobbler is the fucking jam.  The munchies are talking.

--------------------
Esse quam videri.

Offlinealternatereality
Explorer
Female

Loc: Washington
Re: American southern midwesterners review of fast food joints [Re: steadyheady]
    #10855797 - 08/13/09 11:01 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

steadyheady said:
There's a chain that is only in the South, basically only South of the Mason Dixon it seems, Bojangles, one of the best cajun chicken places, it is semi-fast food I guess, only because all there stuff is pretty natural (ie:real unprocessed chicken).  I can't stomach burger from MccyDs or Bk at all.  Checkers has the best fries I have ever had.  Oh, and COOKOUT, the definitive fast food restaurant, only seating outside, open 24hrs, TWO drive-thru lanes for quicker service, you can get the Cookout plate for around 4.75, which includes a main course, and two sides, YOU CAN GET CHICKEN NUGGETS AS A SIDE!  And they have cajun fries!  On top of that, you can add a milkshake for 99 cent, and they have like over 50 flavors, peach cobbler is the fucking jam.  The munchies are talking.

Bojangles has the most fucking delicious biscuits I have ever had.
Now, I have never had them at a time when I wasn't baked like a cake, but god are they good.

I remember the first time I had them I was on mushrooms and I realized I hadn't eaten for a really long time. I was probably 16 at the time and my buddy's mom was like "Here, I swear this will be the most delicious thing you've ever eaten." I thought I was going to die, those cinnamon biscuits were so damn good.

Cookout is awesome too. I used to go there all the time.

--------------------

Offlineskunkape
earth bound

Re: American southern midwesterners review of fast food joints [Re: steadyheady]
    #10855812 - 08/13/09 11:04 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

you've successfully made me crave some fast food :drooling:

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#10855866 - 08/13/09 11:11 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Ive always felt that Wendy's is the best of the mainstream fastfood joints.  Their spicy chicken sandwich is delicious and is cooked really nicely.  The chicken is always moist etc..

For the more regional fare I pick Tommys burgers, and theres a bunch of even smaller fast food places around here that I wont bring up as its too regional.

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #10855917 - 08/13/09 11:16 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Taco Tico is the shit. maybe it sucked in OK but,
it was always good in Texarkana.

You can't go wrong with fast food tacos and draft beer.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Tacos

Community >> The Pub