Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
More friggin homebrew
    #22864654 -

Howdy guys, so I've been brewing up a few batches of apple cider lately. Quite a rewarding hobby I might add. Anyway I decided that i would make a double batch this time (around 44 litres) Now if you know anything about anything, you'll know that yeast eats the sugar and makes the alcohol. So this time round, instead of adding the recommended 2 kilo of sucrose, I added four, bringing the potential alcohol to about 8%. Which I regret as my last batch was delicious and tasted something like 5 seeds. (A cider from aus) this batch tastes like nasty wine, and gets you drunk off only 600ml. Not unfortuitious, but not what I wanted. So thats my story, feel free to share your homebrew experiences. As always, peace and love,
Wilbur


--------------------
"I feel like I've seen your pyjama pants, but thats probably just a memory of a memory"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More friggin homebrew [Re: wilburwild]
    #22864720 -

I typically only drink beer, and the kinds that I drink are 8%. I've never brewed my own, but I've made moonshine before. It tasted so bad that I just dumped it out. I mainly did it just for fun. Not really to drink it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More friggin homebrew [Re: Space Elf]
    #22866123 -

8% beer? Nice, everything here is around 4.5. Is moonshine a similar process too distilling ethanol?


--------------------
"I feel like I've seen your pyjama pants, but thats probably just a memory of a memory"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More friggin homebrew [Re: wilburwild]
    #22866126 -

Moonshine is typically alcohol made in an illegal stil

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More friggin homebrew [Re: wilburwild]
    #22866136 -

wilburwild said:
Is moonshine a similar process too distilling ethanol?



Yeah, same thing. With moonshine, you have to distill it a few times to make it pure. I only did one distillation though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More friggin homebrew [Re: Space Elf]
    #22866232 -

Hey man,, I have a lot of brew knowledge...

If you want to balance the resifual sugars/body with the residual alcohol content, you need to research the attenuation properties of your yeast...
The way they eat sugars, how much they leave behind, and how high they can go is all yease strain dependent.

What yeast are you using.


--------------------


spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
medicinal psilocybin tincture drops
cannabis pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More friggin homebrew [Re: wilburwild]
    #22866330 -

more sugar = rocket fuel taste

sugar is bad for humans, and obviously just as bad for yeast or they wouldn't be shitting rocket fuel.  You want them to eat complex sugars.  basically a clean organic fresh healthy diet from the produce section


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More friggin homebrew [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #22866820 -

Hey Oeric im unsure of the yeast, it came with a black rock cider kit. I have lactose for sweetening but its reaaaaally weak so I just mix it with invert sugar when pouring. And yes, ciders a great change and so damn drinkable! Thanks for the feeback guys :thumbup:


--------------------
"I feel like I've seen your pyjama pants, but thats probably just a memory of a memory"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Homemade Alcohol...
( 1 2 all )
Original 3,359 27 09/03/05 06:55 PM
by flowstone
* Homemade Alcohol - My most recent attempt...
( 1 2 all )
adoseofparn0z 2,351 24 10/19/05 07:13 PM
by BongIncarnate
* *Making Alcohol part 2
( 1 2 all )
PrisonSong 4,333 38 01/19/05 01:32 PM
by PrisonSong
* Distilling alcohol from wine? Quoiyaien 1,585 3 12/06/04 11:39 PM
by sui
* Making Alcohol Part 3. PrisonSong 1,149 8 01/22/05 09:03 PM
by Mushit
* *Making your own Alcohol.
( 1 2 all )
PrisonSong 4,260 36 01/16/05 05:54 PM
by OJK
* Alcoholism
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
Not Responding 8,594 184 08/15/18 10:48 PM
by Maverick
* I don't like alcohol
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 7,230 38 02/19/04 01:55 AM
by Frog

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
230 topic views. 7 members, 17 guests and 224 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.